Thread: Silver linings from yesterday...

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Silver linings from yesterday...

Mendy didn't have a touchdown on 9/11. Honestly, he didn't deserve one after his idiocy this past summer.

Anyone have anything else?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: SIlver linings from yesterday...

Ike looked good after missing most of preseason with an injury. Other than that, I got nothing.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: SIlver linings from yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Ike looked good after missing most of preseason with an injury. Other than that, I got nothing.
    Agreed. Ike played real well, except for his stupid personal foul. He earned his new contract, unlike the rest.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Re: Silver linings from yesterday...

I Thought Ike and A brown came to play i just wish they had brought the rest of the team

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

My brother could play OL for this team and make a lot of money?

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I have none. The o-line is as bad as ever. I wish we would have kept Flozell. He at least did a respectable job last year.

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

There's nowhere to go but up?

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Only silver lining is that it was week 1

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

That was the best the Ravens could play and it is all downhill for them the rest of the season.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I only take 2 positives out of this game. Wallace played well and looked more dynamic than only a deep threat and also Ike looked well and not much came his way.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Emmanual Sanders TD after foot surgery.

There's no pressure to go 16-0.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Nothing. It was about as bad a game for the Steelers it could possibly get. The only "positive" you can take from yesterday is that they can't possibly play any worse than they did the rest of the season. Just an awful, awful game for the ages. Like 51-0 in 1989 Home Opener bad.
    Last edited by Edman; 09-12-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

No injuries.

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

I left the bar earlier than I normally would have. My liver is the better for it.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The one thing that could be called an upside is the reaction of our players and Tomlin. Not one excuse is being made by any one of them. No whining, crying, but, but, but.......just total ownership of the whole mess.

And John Harbaugh is still a dick.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The most positive of the game of yesterday is that we have not lost 41-7 at home against the Bills!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    I only take 2 positives out of this game. Wallace played well and looked more dynamic than only a deep threat and also Ike looked well and not much came his way.
    Unfortunately, when the CB across from you is BMac and he couldn't cover his nose if he sneezed, there isn't much reason to throw Ike's way.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The one thing that could be called an upside is the reaction of our players and Tomlin. Not one excuse is being made by any one of them. No whining, crying, but, but, but.......just total ownership of the whole mess.

And John Harbaugh is still a dick.
    I have never heard Tomlin make an excuse, and I think if he ever heard his player make an excuse and tell it to the media, he might cut the guy.

I have no idea what gets said behind closed doors....but at least in the public Tomlin doesn't do excuses. He doesn't describe to that hocus pocus.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The best thing about yesterday was that there was no overtime.

In the interest of player safety, the NFL will institute a mercy rule, whereby the coach is allowed to through in a white towel and end the game, thus reducing the risk of player injuries.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

We are closer to drafting Andrew Luck than we were on Saturday.
    All Defense!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe this is just "wishful watching" on my part, but I actually thought Harrison started to get his grove back a bit in the second half. He still did not have a good game, but even outside of the big stop, he seemed more of a force as the game went along. Obviously, he still has a ways to go.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

we didn't give Clark a fat contract this off season. Whiff, Whiff, run scared.....seemed to be the motto of the day
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The earth did not crash into the sun.

That's about all I got.