Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game Thread,Season Opener:Saints vs Packers

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Game Thread,Season Opener:Saints vs Packers

Why did I even bother to watch knowing what I was getting into: A non-competitive boring shootout with no Defense and lots of fellatio towards the QB's. Recievers running free all over the field with no resistance. The Saints I'm not surprised, but I'm more surprised at the Packers' inability to play D. To those that bring up Madden, at least in Madden you could and were allowed to play defense. What we saw tonight was 100-yard Arena League.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I was surprised the Saints took the ball out of Brees' hands on the last play of the game. Particularly when they got stuffed on the ground on a short yardage situation just a few series earlier.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Why did I even bother to watch knowing what I was getting into: A non-competitive boring shootout with no Defense and lots of fellatio towards the QB's. Recievers running free all over the field with no resistance. The Saints I'm not surprised, but I'm more surprised at the Packers' inability to play D. To those that bring up Madden, at least in Madden you could and were allowed to play defense. What we saw tonight was 100-yard Arena League.
    Packers D wasn't that great last year. They have playmakers in Woodson and Matthews but they are susceptible to the spread just like we are. Saints defense is pitiful but Rodgers is a great QB as is Brees. This is a combination of suspect defenses, great QBs and WRs on both sides and sissy rules. The NFL as we used to know it, is over.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Packers D wasn't that great last year. They have playmakers in Woodson and Matthews but they are susceptible to the spread just like we are.
    Their run D is also quite suspect.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    I'm with you and fansince. I'm so glad I didn't watch this garbage tonight. It's becoming a 100-yard version of the Arena League.
    I'm also burnt out on fantasy football. I used to like it alot (at one point I was in multiple leagues) but it's no longer fun to me. I'm actually watching more college football than I used to

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IUSteel View Post
    This is a prime example of why I can't stand this era of football. Touchdowns don't mean a damn thing when you expect them every drive. Anyone else finding themselves slowly over the last five or so years giving the NFL the NBA treatment? Half-attention until the 4th quarter, then watch if it's close?
    Already there and a mile down the road. I don't watch many non-Steelers games anymore at all. Didn't even watch this one since, like most of you, I knew it'd be arena league Goodell-ball.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Even though Brees played great tonight, he and the offensive coaches blew the end of the game like the Kardashians at fleet week. The Saints wasted so much time when they should have spiked the ball. The clock was a bigger enemy than the down. Moreover, Brees should have known he didn't have the time to throw over the middle on the third to last play. Even if he threw that ball away he had two downs to go for the end zone. Instead Brees let the clock go down to a few seconds. Of course, even if the Saints score, they would have needed the two point conversion to tie, but I still thought the end of the game was flubbed.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

For those of us that get on BMac and Gay, and don't get me wrong, they could be better players, but last night's game gave glimpses of an ominous future. Maybe I'm wrong and jumping the gun a little, but I don't like it.

What we saw last night was the state of the Secondary in the NFL. When two of the NFL's best secondaries get gashed as bad as they were last night and effortlessly, it's a sure sign of Goodell's crippling of Defenses coming to fruition.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Now the Saints have lost Colston for a while. The Saints could find themselves well behind the Falcons by mid season. That defense didn't look like it was going to stop many. Brees is going to have to outscore everybody. That task is made harder by this injury.

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Marques Colston will be out approximately four weeks because of a broken collarbone, according to a report on FOXSports.com.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...ne-report-says