Thread: Why Soccer is the World's Most Dangerous Sport

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

Why Soccer is the World's Most Dangerous Sport

Snipers in the Stands.

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Re: Why Soccer is the World's Most Dangerous Sport

Marsha has seen this film, hasn't she?

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Marsha has seen this film, hasn't she?

I don't watch soccer, but why do a lot of them put their hands over their face no matter where they get hit? Is this the international sign for "I'm a wuss"?

Steeler Blood Array title="cakmakli will become famous soon enough"> cakmakli's Avatar

I like soccer and watch it but this part of it drives me crazy. I hate it. Man up and play the damn game. You can tell the European influence. Compare that clip to these.

or this:

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post

I don't watch soccer, but why do a lot of them put their hands over their face no matter where they get hit? Is this the international sign for "I'm a wuss"?
    Futbol was my sport. I have played here and in Europe. Its a fast moving sport with moderate violence. The stuff we're discussing here is playacting to draw a penalty. Real futbol players just play futbol.

Please note that nobody has seen our guys doing that @#$%.
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    The stuff we're discussing here is playacting to draw a penalty. Real futbol players just play futbol.
    You see that in every sport. My point was that some of them got hit (or nudged) in the stomach, chest, or wherever, then grabbed their face like they were punched in the nose and fell to the ground. If you're going to be an actor, at least be a good actor.

Speaking of flopping, here's a funny one from the NBA:

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I thought it was because all those "nil" nil" games were found to be coma inducing to the audience.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."