Thread: Terrible news:KHL Team Plane Crashes, Only 1 Survivor

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Unhappy Terrible news:KHL Team Plane Crashes, Only 1 Survivor

The charter plane carrying the KHL club Lokomotiv Yaroslavl has crashed and reports are that 36 of the 37 people on board have died.

Reports are early and still unconfirmed, but looking at the “current roster” of players, it includes some former NHL players and members of the Senators organization. Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, and prospect Vitaly Anikeyenko are among those with Senators ties on the Lokomotiv roster. Also former NHLers Karlis Skrastins, Josef Vasicek and Ruslan Salei are also listed on the roster but it is unconfirmed who was on the plane at the time. Former NHLer Brad McCrimmon was the coach of the club.

The Canadian Press is reporting that the plane crashed shortly after taking off, and there is one survivor, who is injured.
    There will be more to the story as details unfold, but this is yet another tragedy in a summer that has been filled with tragic stories, and the worldwide hockey family is in mourning once again.

SenShot sends its thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of all victims of this accident

http://senshot.com/2011/09/07/khl-te...ly-1-survivor/

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: Terrible news:KHL Team Plane Crashes, Only 1 Survivor

I read about this on another site...just a tragic accident. There were 2 survivors, actually - a player and a crew member. Some people have called this the "Black Summer" for hockey...I totally agree.

and condolences to all of the victims' families.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

WOW! This is awful news and so sad for the players and all their family. RIP you will always be remembered!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

57 Anikeyenko, Vitaly D 02.01.1987 Russia
    39 Balandin, Mikhail D 27.07.1980 Russia
    18 Vasyunov, Alexander D 22.04.1988 Russia
    63 Vasicek Josef F 12.09.1980 Czech Republic
    35 Vyukhin, Alexander F 09.01.1973 Russia
    11 Galimov, Alexander F 02.05.1985 Russia
    38 Demitra, Pavol 29.11.1974 Slovakia
    20 Ditrih, Robert F 25.07.1986 Russia
    74 Kalimulin, Marat D 12.08.1988 Russia
    28 Kalyanin Alexander F 24.09.1987 Russia
    83 Kiryukhin Andrei F 04.08.1987 Russia
    23 Klyukin Nikita F 10.11.1989 Russia
    1 Liv, Stefan G 21.12.1980 Sweden
    15 Marek, Jan F 31.12.1979 Czech Republic
    32 Ostapchuk, Sergei F 19.03.1990 Russia
    4 Rachunek Karel D 27.08.1979 Czech Republic
    24 Salei, Ruslan D 02.11.1974 Russia
    37 Skrastins, Karlis D 09.07.1974 Russia
    69 Snurnitsyn, Pavel D 10.01.1992 Russia
    13 Sobchenko, Daniil F 13.04.1991 Russia
    17 Tkachenko, Ivan F 09.11.1979 Russia
    3 Trakhanov, Pavel F 21.03.1978 Russia
    21 Churilov, Gennady F 05.05.1987 Russia
    52 Shuvalov, Maksim F 23.04.1993 Russia
    72 Yarchuk, Artyom F 03.05.1990 Russia
    81 Urychev, Yury D 03.04.1991 Russia

RIP

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

My prayers are with the families and friends of those lost in the plane crash/

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Bad news. Tragic.

Engorged Member Array title="tihmtahm will become famous soon enough"> tihmtahm's Avatar

Black Summer indeed. So tragic. I'd like to know, who was the survivor?
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

agreed black summer very sad RIP

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Horrible ... reminds me of the Marshall University tragedy. It is amazing to me that it doesn't happen (thankfully) more often, given how many sporsts teams fly worldwide.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tihmtahm View Post
    Black Summer indeed. So tragic. I'd like to know, who was the survivor?
    A flight attendant and one player - Galimov. There were reports that he died, but the hospital he's in said he was still alive - barely, as you would think since 80% of his body is covered with burns.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Horrible ... reminds me of the Marshall University tragedy. It is amazing to me that it doesn't happen (thankfully) more often, given how many sporsts teams fly worldwide.
    It doesn't happen more often because teams generally don't fly on 25-30 year old jets like they apparently do in Russia: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip528287#clip528289

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    A flight attendant and one player - Galimov. There were reports that he died, but the hospital he's in said he was still alive - barely, as you would think since 80% of his body is covered with burns.

It doesn't happen more often because teams generally don't fly on 25-30 year old jets like they apparently do in Russia: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip528287#clip528289
    You know Im glad you noticed that too. I forget where but I was just reading recently how Russian airliners have been under massive scrutiny over their engineering and maintenance of their planes, hell even their durability. Not too long ago they came out with a new Supersonic plane to test out and sell and the damn thing had pieces falling off on its first flight.

Engorged Member Array title="tihmtahm will become famous soon enough"> tihmtahm's Avatar

damn. That's going to be a grueling healing process, if he continues to survive.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

What a very sad and tragic accident. Prayers going up for all of the families and may everyone who was killed in this tragedy .

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Prayers for the families of those who perished and a special prayer for Galimov. It is a miracle he has survived....and he will have a long and difficult recovery no doubt.

How absolutely sad...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Unfortunately, Galimov has passed away, leaving no surviving players: http://twitter.com/#!/IIHFHockey/sta...50731569209344

Also, the Lokomotiv president has said that the team will not play this season and will rebuild the roster next year.