Thread: Uniform hell

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Uniform hell

From the WTF files

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: Uniform hell

Having gone to Georgia, that one bothers me most

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Those Maryland jersey's look like a bad joke. Georgia Mohawks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Does Two Face have a team in the new Batman movie?

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

The Nike Combat jerseys are one-offs. Most of them are ridiculous, and to quote "Spinal Tap", look like an "Australians nightmare", but at least you only have to see them once.

I think Maryland is seriously going to wear those monstrosities every game. Yick! And WTF is up with Maryland teams and the state flag? It's all over everything, including the Orioles and ratbird jerseys. Not even the "Don't mess with Texas" lunatics sport so much state jingoistic crap on their sleeves.

By the way, how bad is Miami going to be this year getting beat by the Terps and losing all their players? Even their back-ups should be taking care of mid-tier ACC teams. I really looked for them to give the Buckeyes a run for their money this year, playing in Florida and all, but now I think OSU will thump them soundly.
    Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They aren't Nike. Maryland is Under Armour Territory.

Regardless of who is making them...heinous!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They aren't Nike. Maryland is Under Armour Territory.

Regardless of who is making them...heinous!!!!!!
    That was my point. It's obvious form the big giant logo who made those stinktacular fuck-ups. I'm saying most of the horrible, puke-inducing jerseys are Nike combat's, but those are only to be worn once for special, marquee games and rivalries.

Maryland is wearing the jerseys that look like retarded 3rd graders colored them every week.
    Fire Goodell

Georgia was wearing Nike Combat crap. What's Okl State's patchwork deal?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

The Georgia and Boise State uniforms would have been much better if Georgia had black pants and Boise had blue pants.

Shouldn't there be some school colors on the Okie State uniforms other than just the numbers?

And Maryland....well it's the state that houses the Baltimore Ravens....so what do you really expect from a bunch of thugs with the IQ of 5 year olds.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Maryland uniforms are giving those nasty astro jerseys a run for their money for most atrocious jersey to ever be worn.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Guess I have another reason to add to the list of why I don't like Maryland.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

What do you think about these uniforms that will be worn this Saturday Nights Notre Dame vs Michigan game

Those are fine. Notice how they don't ignore tradition? The jerseys look like the actual teams jerseys. I don't have a problem with slight tinkering (and it's all about selling jerseys anyway) to offer something new, but why destroy in some cases over 100 years of tradition by presenting trashy trailer park garbage?
    Fire Goodell

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    What do you think about these uniforms that will be worn this Saturday Nights Notre Dame vs Michigan game

I thought about posting these, but they are not ugly so I didn't. The ND one has a shamrock on the sides of the helmet if you cant see it. I'm really pumped for this game!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They're all pretty bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

My wife thinks the Maryland jersey's look like court jesters

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

The Michigan and Notre Dame jerseys don't look bad, I kind of like them. I am pretty sure back in the day ND had a shamrock on the sides of their helmet. Those aren't outlandish and ugly (well Michigan stuff always looks ugly, it's the Buckeye in me).

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    My wife thinks the Maryland jersey's look like court jesters
    I don't always agree with a woman, lol, but I do agree with yours!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Late post, but the Maryland jerseys are based on the state coat-of-arms (I used to live in Aberdeen). Very strange application, though. I'm guessing the school chancellor is banging the 20 year-old D-student-in-fashion-design who came up with them.