Thread: Gilbert overcomes bad first impression to make move at LT

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Gilbert overcomes bad first impression to make move at LT

The Steelers sought the opinion and endorsement of their Pro Bowl center, Maurkice Pouncey, when they selected tackle Marcus Gilbert in the second round of the NFL draft. Pouncey and Gilbert were more than linemates at the University of Florida; they were good friends.

So, when Gilbert reported to training camp out of shape and injured his hamstring as a result, the Steelers got on Pouncey about his recommendation and leaned on him to light a fire under the 6-foot-6, 340-pound rookie.

It seems to be working...............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11238/1170011-66.stm

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Gilbert overcomes bad first impression to make move at LT

Oh baby. Pouncey, you are a beast. If Gilbert listens, as it appears he is doing, we may solidify an Oline that has been sub par. The OLine may be the most improved unit on our team this year.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Thanks for the read, I really like what I am hearing Pouncey needs to stay on him and make him a top notch lineman.

Senior Member Array title="sactownsteeler is an unknown quantity at this point">

I agree if Gilbert can play up to what Pouncey thinks he can and getting a healthy Colon back we could have a great line compared to years past.