Thread: Trai Essex is back

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Trai Essex is back

SteelersDigestSteelers Digest

Team has re-signed veteran OL Trai Essex. Nevin McCaskill was waived to open a roster spot.

34 seconds agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Re: Trai Essex is back

Depth move, the bastard may be round and soft like a marshmallow, but hes a good backup that can play almost all positions.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

better than having Starks back but damnit, i rather wouldve had Flozell
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Essex...meh...Tony Hills would destroy him...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

The question now is who is out on the o'line?

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Its not even a guarantee that he makes the team...theres a chance he could but no guarantee.

I wouldnt mind them keeping 10 OL this year...and have only 8 LBs or 5 WRs and such to open a spot.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Load up on the OL because they are going to go down to injury over the course of the season. Maybe Flozell wanted too much money or he is holding out to avoid camp.
    All Defense!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Its not even a guarantee that he makes the team...theres a chance he could but no guarantee.

I wouldnt mind them keeping 10 OL this year...and have only 8 LBs or 5 WRs and such to open a spot.
    I agree ... there is no guarantee that he makes the team, but I would be surprised if he doesn't, given that the Steelers know where his skills lie so well.

If you only keep 5 receivers you have to cut Battle who is specials teams guru of sorts. I do think they will probably keep 8 linebackers.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Taking a guess that the starters from Left to right will be...Scott, Kemo, Pouncey, Hills, Colon. Backups Gilbert, Legursky, Scott, (then one of Essex, Foster, Jolly or Williams??)

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Load up on the OL because they are going to go down to injury over the course of the season. Maybe Flozell wanted too much money or he is holding out to avoid camp.
    From what others have posted, I garner that Flo only wants to play if he is a starter.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Just speculating, but Essex could have been brought in just until Scott and Gilbert are healthy. Instead of us having to play Hills at LT and not getting a chance to look at him at RG like we want.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Taking a guess that the starters from Left to right will be...Scott, Kemo, Pouncey, Hills, Colon. Backups Gilbert, Legursky, Scott, (then one of Essex, Foster, Jolly or Williams??)
    Well, I guess Williams and Jolly could go to the practice squad, where there is no guarantee you would keep them. I am not sure how much in demand either would be. So, if that is case, then Foster or Essex? Essex gives you more flexibility at tackle, particularly on the left side. Foster is younger and may still have a little upside remaining. Last years triage unit at tackle makes me lean towards Essex, even though I prefer Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Just speculating, but Essex could have been brought in just until Scott and Gilbert are healthy. Instead of us having to play Hills at LT and not getting a chance to look at him at RG like we want.
    A possibility. Chidi29, since you wrote such a nice (and well written) article about Omar Khan, why don't you see if you can get some straight poop?

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

A possibility. Chidi29, since you wrote such a nice (and well written) article about Omar Khan, why don't you see if you can get some straight poop?
    Ha, thanks.

I'll call up Tomlin tomorrow.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I'd not be surprised if he does make the team for a couple reasons. One, he can play multiple positions, and two, injuries are already piling up along the OL (probably because of the work stoppage). It'd be nice to think (and hope...and pray) that no one else gets hurt, but the trend is heading the opposite way.
    Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I'd not be surprised if he does make the team for a couple reasons. One, he can play multiple positions, and two, injuries are already piling up along the OL (probably because of the work stoppage). It'd be nice to think (and hope...and pray) that no one else gets hurt, but the trend is heading the opposite way.
    Exactly why I think he could make the team and I don't think they are overjoyed with Williams...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Exactly why I think he could make the team and I don't think they are overjoyed with Williams...
    Pretty much what you get from a 6th round O lineman. Williams probably gets shuffled to the PS for a season. I think that 9th O lineman spot comes down to either Foster or Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Pretty much what you get from a 6th round O lineman. Williams probably gets shuffled to the PS for a season. I think that 9th O lineman spot comes down to either Foster or Essex.
    I think you are correct and I lean towards Foster. As was stated earlier..when all the tackles are healthy Essex becomes expendible. He is an insurance policy at this point.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Provided we suffer no more injuries.

I have a bad feeling about that though...
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I think you are correct and I lean towards Foster. As was stated earlier..when all the tackles are healthy Essex becomes expendible. He is an insurance policy at this point.
    Your probably right, but that may be an insurance policy they what to hold onto all the way to the SB. After all, it looks like we may have a couple of options at guard other than Foster.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I hope so. I can live with Scott, Colon, Hills, Gilbert at OT and Kemo, Pouncey, Legursky, Scott, Foster on the inside. Essex was serviceable, but I dont think he lived up to his 3rd round reach in the draft.