Thread: Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin at Terelle Pryor's workout

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin at Terelle Pryor's workout

NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports the teams in attendance are the 49ers, Bills, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, Raiders, Redskins, Saints and Steelers.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and head coach Mike Tomlin are present, according to Breer, as is former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel.

Read more @ http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/20/four...headline_stack
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Re: Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin at Terelle Pryor's workout

Meh, don't read too much into it. The workout was in Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Meh, don't read too much into it. The workout was in Pittsburgh.
    My thoughts exactly. Why not go its right in town

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Where was Pryor ranked among college quarterbacks. I can remember all the buzz about him as the top recruit in the country his senior year of high school.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'd take him in a second and play him at TE like Jermichael Finley. He'd be boss there as a receiving guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

We won't get him. With how the supplemental draft works we wouldn't be able to get him even if we wanted him I bet.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They'd have to offer the lowest pick for him...basically. I'd throw a 4 out there...just because of the history the Steelers have had with 4th rounders. It's more or less been awful...so this would either fall in line or be a nice surprise. I think a 4th might be able to get him...most people think he's worth a 5th...but I wouldn't give anything more than that...

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

No biggie. It was in Pittsburgh, so why not attend.

Someone will spend a fourth or fifth on Pryor. Maybe even a third, depending on where they want to play him.

I think most are looking at him as a WR or a TE. Maybe a shot at QB later on. He could be a third string QB who plays WR. That way your third stringer is always dressed and active so if you needed him, you're first and second stringers are still available if they can come back.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

At best, I think you're looking at a sixth.

No team wants to take a chance at offering up a 3rd round pick when they know only a few teams will end up putting in selections and one to three players will get drafted.

With the supension looming and Pryor being a much better athlete than positonal player (whever that will end up in itself debatable), I can't see him going high.

It was actually more than what Breer initially reported. It was 17 teams.

Buffalo Bills
    Cleveland Browns
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Dallas Cowboys
    Detroit Lions
    Indianapolis Colts
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins
    New England Patriots
    New Orleans Saints
    Oakland Raiders
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    San Diego Chargers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    At best, I think you're looking at a sixth.

No team wants to take a chance at offering up a 3rd round pick when they know only a few teams will end up putting in selections and one to three players will get drafted.

With the supension looming and Pryor being a much better athlete than positonal player (whever that will end up in itself debatable), I can't see him going high.
    Take the list and look at the teams on it...some not recognized for making the best personnel decisions:

Buffalo Bills
    Cleveland Browns
    Cincinnati Bengals

Dallas Cowboys
    Detroit Lions
    Indianapolis Colts - HAVE COME OUT AND SAID THEY ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED.
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Miami Dolphins
    New England Patriots
    New Orleans Saints
    Oakland Raiders
    Philadelphia Eagles - DREAM TEAM
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    San Diego Chargers
    San Francisco 49ers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins

Quite possible someone will "overpay" for him...I tend to agree he's not worth anything more than a 5...more likely a 6 in my book, but someone will go all out...

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

ive had enough of qbs like vince young, dennis dixon etc..they are no good except maybe one every 10 years. if he plays WR though maybe he can help somebody i guess

also i think this guy feels like a cancer to a team. he will think hes a starter and want traded and holding out etc in the future if some team doesnt play him or tries to change his position. hopefully the bungles or browns get this guy just so he sparks controversy with them in the future

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

He isn't even a QB... The kid has at best poor mechanics and locks on to recievers. He runs well, have no idea if he can catch. But I do know he is not a QB...

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

He throws better than Tebow did.

But he's not nearly as smart.

He's a physical freak, and I think he's got the potential to be a phenomenal WR/TE hybrid type-guy (TE's don't run 4.36 40's)

But he's a punk, and has been all along (even though i gave him his shot when the Bucks recruited him, he quickly wore out his welcome). I don't really think he'd be a good Steeler.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Pittsburgh43 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Pittsburgh43's Avatar

Pryor just left the Steelers facilities on the Southside after visiting with the team for 2 hours.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Hope the Steelers don't overbid for him. 5th or 6th and see what happens. However, I hope they have a good sense of the kid after meeting with him for 2 hours. Physical tools are one thing, mental state is really where championships are won or lost.