Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Huntsman - Call me crazy

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Re: Huntsman - Call me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I'm citing mounds of evidence of 60 years of liberal media bias, and you're posting a retarded girls tweets?

Dude, it's okay to be wrong. You can admit it.
    You attributed the use of that word to liberal bias. I never heard that quote before. The reason for the word as a topic is your choice. What evidence do you have that that word is the result of any bias?

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I guess that's a better retort than "Nuh uh".

But not by much.
    Fire Goodell

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I think Rush Limbaugh is retarded. I don't listen to that show. But that's interesting...did he skip that one, too?

And, what, exactly, am I denying? That Paul is running away from his own opportunities to explain his bizarre policies? Is HE crying because the media is "ignoring" him, too?

As for Huntsman, I will check. Last NH poll (Aug 16th) had him at 3.7%, right behind Paul, but ahead of Gingrich. Paul was, incidentally, sitting at 10%.

Of course I'm talking about Huntsman. He's the topic of this thread.
    He's running dead-last in Iowa and neck and neck for last in New Hampshire. The "denial" is the idea that he'll still be in the race after NH. If he had any sense, he would've packed it up after the straw poll. Feel free to hate on Paul all you want, but really... who's gonna take a Huntsman supporter seriously at this point?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Of course I'm talking about Huntsman. He's the topic of this thread.
    He's running dead-last in Iowa and neck and neck for last in New Hampshire. The "denial" is the idea that he'll still be in the race after NH. If he had any sense, he would've packed it up after the straw poll. Feel free to hate on Paul all you want, but really... who's gonna take a Huntsman supporter seriously at this point?
    Not "hating", simply stating a position (which isn't 100% negative, by the way) and then backing it up with reasoning and citing facts about his platform and past (printed and still available for all to see) writings.

The difference in our candidates is clear: Yours is unelectable because people know him but not about him. Mine is unelectable because nobody knows him or knows about him.

My candidates problem can be fixed.
    Fire Goodell

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Not "hating", simply stating a position (which isn't 100% negative, by the way) and then backing it up with reasoning and citing facts about his platform and past (printed and still available for all to see) writings.

The difference in our candidates is clear: Yours is unelectable because people know him but not about him. Mine is unelectable because nobody knows him or knows about him.

My candidates problem can be fixed.
    Surely you can see that this entire line of reasoning is fallacious? You can shorten that whole mess down to "your candidate is unelectable" and simply leave it at that. But of course you want to prove the laughable proposition that the situation will change. You can't do it using any objective data, so you're left trying to believe that maligning another candidate somehow makes your boy electable.

It doesn't.

Now, I know you think you've got the whole situation figured out and everything, but if you ever come to the inevitable conclusion that you're missing something, I'll be more than happy to explain to you the reason why Huntsman is unelectable this cycle.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Surely you can see that this entire line of reasoning is fallacious? You can shorten that whole mess down to "your candidate is unelectable" and simply leave it at that. But of course you want to prove the laughable proposition that the situation will change. You can't do it using any objective data, so you're left trying to believe that maligning another candidate somehow makes your boy electable.

It doesn't.

Now, I know you think you've got the whole situation figured out and everything, but if you ever come to the inevitable conclusion that you're missing something, I'll be more than happy to explain to you the reason why Huntsman is unelectable this cycle.
    Huntsman is new to National politics. It may be '16 before he's on the radar. I'll ignore all the other condescending garbage...but it MIGHT be a good idea to stick to criticizing the candidates and the arguments only.
    Fire Goodell

Huntsman is new to National politics. It may be '16 before he's on the radar. I'll ignore all the other condescending garbage...but it MIGHT be a good idea to stick to criticizing the candidates and the arguments only.
    I'll gladly take you up on that offer. If you notice, I haven't even bothered to criticize Huntsman. Not really any need to. As you've stated (and I concur), Huntsman is new to National politics and it may be '16 before he's on the radar.
    *My* point is that he's irrelevant in this cycle and the only reason we're discussing him is because the media is pimping him while ignoring candidates that are out-polling him.

I'll gladly take you up on that offer. If you notice, I haven't even bothered to criticize Huntsman. Not really any need to. As you've stated (and I concur), Huntsman is new to National politics and it may be '16 before he's on the radar.
    *My* point is that he's irrelevant in this cycle and the only reason we're discussing him is because the media is pimping him while ignoring candidates that are out-polling him.
    That's incorrect. I'm "pimping him" because him an Mitch Daniels are, IMO, the only 2 GOP candidates (and Daniels never even announced) who have the chops for the job. Both have executive experience, both have experience running businesses in the private sector, both balanced their state budgets, both created job-friendly environments in their respective states, and both accomplished this while responsibly lowering taxes. Both also have DEEP experience in peripheral but highly relevant areas that are germane to the challenges facing the Country: Daniels was director of the Office of Management and Budget (so he knows government budgeting inside and out), and Huntsman speaks fluent Chinese and knows the Chinese culture (implications are obvious).

Really, comparatively, the rest of the GOP field AND Obama are a bunch of amateur pikers by comparison.

So, when I come on here and say "Hey, did you hear about this guy?", it's not a reflexive reaction to mainstream media coverage (which I don't follow anyway), it's me telling people they might like what they see in candidates that nobody really knows much about.
    Fire Goodell

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Still, Suit, it will probably come down to Romney and one of the crazies fighting it out late in the primary season with, maybe, one other hanger-on who is running for a purpose other than winning. Will it be Perry or Bachmann? Not sure.

Just a prediction, not what I hope happens.

That's incorrect. I'm "pimping him" because him an Mitch Daniels are, IMO, the only 2 GOP candidates (and Daniels never even announced) who have the chops for the job. Both have executive experience, both have experience running businesses in the private sector, both balanced their state budgets, both created job-friendly environments in their respective states, and both accomplished this while responsibly lowering taxes. Both also have DEEP experience in peripheral but highly relevant areas that are germane to the challenges facing the Country: Daniels was director of the Office of Management and Budget (so he knows government budgeting inside and out), and Huntsman speaks fluent Chinese and knows the Chinese culture (implications are obvious).

Really, comparatively, the rest of the GOP field AND Obama are a bunch of amateur pikers by comparison.

So, when I come on here and say "Hey, did you hear about this guy?", it's not a reflexive reaction to mainstream media coverage (which I don't follow anyway), it's me telling people they might like what they see in candidates that nobody really knows much about.
    The operative phrase being "IMO". That's all well and good, just so long as you're not harboring the delusion that he actually stands a chance. Obviously, others have their own opinions, and they almost universally don't agree with you. Such is life. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Still, Suit, it will probably come down to Romney and one of the crazies fighting it out late in the primary season with, maybe, one other hanger-on who is running for a purpose other than winning. Will it be Perry or Bachmann? Not sure.

Just a prediction, not what I hope happens.
    Seems reasonable to me. I mean not "reasonable" reasonable, but you know what I mean.

That's another thing about Huntsman. He doesn't need to win this nomination. He's independently wealthy. He can stay in this fight for exposure for as long as he likes.

But I think the above scenario sounds about right...although Perry is really gaining some traction. He's looking more and more like a front-runner now. I have no idea how this guy is going to escape some of the crazier things he's said and done in the past, though...
    Fire Goodell

Did you see this? Posted it in another thread but I would appreciate your comment.

Well, again, the reasons for why the planet is warming are up for grabs, so..........but it's interesting that Fox actually has someone saying that "Huntsman's facts check out".
    Fire Goodell