Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Manning: I'm in class with Tom Brady

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: Eli Manning: I'm in class with Tom Brady

For that matter, Brian Hoyer looked pretty good too. The two of them were a combined 27-40 for 335, 2 TD's, a combined QBR of about 110, and no sacks.

Look familiar?
    Fire Goodell

Pennsylvanian at heart Array title="steelpinstripe87 will become famous soon enough"> steelpinstripe87's Avatar

OK, Eli...right. Sure. What drug's he on, and where can I get it?
    MAR, May 2012

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    For that matter, Brian Hoyer looked pretty good too. The two of them were a combined 27-40 for 335, 2 TD's, a combined QBR of about 110, and no sacks.

Look familiar?
    Dude, have you seen Brady's stats against Jacksonville over the years? We don't even need a QB to beat Jacksonville.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Dude, have you seen Brady's stats against Jacksonville over the years? We don't even need a QB to beat Jacksonville.
    As I said, just slide any old signal-caller under center in that system, and reap the rewards. If Jacksonville is particularly susceptible to that system, it stands to reason that whatever QB plays against them would have great numbers. Like 27-40 for 335 and two TD's.
    Fire Goodell

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    As I said, just slide any old signal-caller under center in that system, and reap the rewards. If Jacksonville is particularly susceptible to that system, it stands to reason that whatever QB plays against them would have great numbers. Like 27-40 for 335 and two TD's.
    What exactly is the system I always hear about? Because when the QB is replaceable, the receivers are replaceable, the RBs are replaceable, (aside from a great offensive line), the "system" sounds a lot like an amorphous abstract. Otherwise, you'd think it would be easier to duplicate.

You're right. Tapes and stealing signals helped. A good Oline and penalties put in place to make it illegal to hit your QB help. Not every team has those advantages.
    Fire Goodell