Thread: root sports and the steelers

Senior Member Array title="Dodt is on a distinguished road"> Dodt's Avatar

root sports and the steelers

since the change in name does it seem as if the network has had less coverage for the steelers?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: root sports and the steelers

Since they dropped Sportsbeat with Stan Savran a couple of years ago pretty much the only Steelers coverage they have now is the weekly Mike Tomlin press conference during the regular season.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Yupp Root is all dedicated to the Pirates and Penguins. Thankfully I live in Pittsburgh so I can watch KDKA and other local news stations for Steelers reports.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

They plan on having more Steelers coverage during the regular season, including a weekly Steelers-only show, but as has been said, they are all about the Pirates and Penguins. You can get all of the Steelers coverage you need pretty much everywhere else. Despite having pretty much their own network, the Pirates and Pens combined do not get anywhere near the media attention that the Steelers get.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Pirates...I can understand. Well, they were generating a buzz around town before...and then they became the Pirates. And it really makes me sad.

The Penguins however are shut out because of the utter unpopularity of the NHL in this country.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    Yupp Root is all dedicated to the Pirates and Penguins. Thankfully I live in Pittsburgh so I can watch KDKA and other local news stations for Steelers reports.
    I'm from Portland Oregon, and I check KDKA daily for the latest news(and of course the Steelers Universe).... I like the internet for that!

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Didn't they used to show rebroadcasts of the preseason games?

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    Didn't they used to show rebroadcasts of the preseason games?
    They did up until last season. Not sure about this season since they've been re-branded.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    They did up until last season. Not sure about this season since they've been re-branded.
    Thanks. You know that may be because the NFL Network now rebroadcasts many (if not all) all of the preseason games.