Thread: Historic Tennis Match

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Historic Tennis Match

Is anyone else watching this match? This is history. In the 5th set Isner and Mahut are tied at 46 games each... 46 EACH THAT IS 92 FREAKIN GAMES IN 1 SET!!!! It has been going on for like 9 hours over 2 different days. It may have to be postponed again until tomorrow. All kinds of tennis records are being broken. Not all time Wimbledon records, ALL TIME TENNIS RECORDS FOLKS. This is just unbelievable!!!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Historic Tennis Match

And Isner is American and also from Greensboro, North Carolina which is where I go to school

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Looks like it is going to go into a third day. Man.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

example #1 of why tennis players should NOT do crystal meth.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Unbelievable:rolleyes2:

59-59 Unbelievable

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

I was also watching this match today.

Completely insane! These two blew up the records so far up that we won't ever see anyone ever come close to touching them again.

Thought for sure after watching Isner that he would be going down, but he hung in there even though he was so gassed that he looked like a zombie holding a tennis racket, game after freaking game. It was amazing.

I was also very surprised that Mahut approached the idea of ending the match first. Isner, although he hung in there, was on SERIOUS E as far as the tank went. If I was Mahut I would have kept going. He had the advantage of conditioning unlike Isner. Tomorrow makes that now moot.

He'll face a much more energized competitor due to time and sleep tomorrow. He was seriously close to coming within an inch to cutting the juglar of his opponent, but now I wonder if he will win.