Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Steelers sign Jerricho Cotchery to one-year deal

Banned Array title="steelerfan is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Jericho Cotchery visiting Steelers on Sunday

" Update "

Steelers | Jerricho Cotchery leaves without contract
    Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:05:34 -0700

Free-agent WR Jerricho Cotchery (Jets) left his visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers without a contract agreement

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1USSOlwq5

Well, say hello to Baltimore Mr.Cotchery!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Saw reports that Baltimore wasn't interested...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Junior Member Array title="IronCity is an unknown quantity at this point"> IronCity's Avatar

They better get the ball rolling on a top 5 wr soon. Sweeds days in Pitt are numbered since he's hurt again and the preseason was his last chance to prove himself.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Saw reports that Baltimore wasn't interested...
    source? And if this is true, i am uncompletely unafraid of the ravens receiver corps right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    source? And if this is true, i am uncompletely unafraid of the ravens receiver corps right now.
    Boldin, Dickson and who else Torrey Smith on the other side?? I am feeling more unafraid of their defense too. Cody will be a winded slob in the middle and Jimmy Smith might end up being a FS if he can get healthy to start the season.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Boldin, Dickson and who else Torrey Smith on the other side?? I am feeling more unafraid of their defense too. Cody will be a winded slob in the middle and Jimmy Smith might end up being a FS if he can get healthy to start the season.
    i agree. gotta think that ozzie newsome knows what he's doing, but somehow i havent felt this unthreatened by the Ravens since 2007.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Baltimore is aging and I don't see their new guys stepping up. Unless Flacco can pass, catch and play defense I like our chances at the division.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

The Steelers should go with what they have. I'd give this Greenwood or Lyons kid a shot at the #5 spot and just go with the winner. No receiver worth their salt is coming to Pittsburgh to be the #5 receiver. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if ARE ends up coming back to fill that role in the end.

Senior Member Array title="Boh will become famous soon enough"> Boh's Avatar

Per Jason La Canfora:

@JasonLaCanfora

Free agent WR Jerricho Cotchery, formerly of the Jets, traveling to Baltimore tonite to begin visit with Ravens at the Castle. Visited Pitt recently
    not sure how interesed they are tho
    https://i.imgur.com/GCEAsxD.png

Got the same info...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/08/ex-j...sit-to-ravens/

Maybe a little smoke-screen going on...

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Is it really shocking that there isnt alot of interest cotchery?

Quote Originally Posted by Boh View Post
    not sure how interesed they are tho
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Got the same info...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/08/ex-j...sit-to-ravens/

Maybe a little smoke-screen going on...
    i aint buyin' it for a second. It's gotta be a smoke screen, and the rest of Cotchery's suitors would have to be idiots to think the Ravens aren't that interested. They are in no position to throw the ball. I am not afraid of Flacco to Boldin/Rice hook ups at all. No one is calling that bluff, if anybody but the Ravens get him, it'll be a huge victory for us.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I just don't like the Steelers planting in a rookie or inexperienced player in the #5 slot.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    I just don't like the Steelers planting in a rookie or inexperienced player in the #5 slot.
    It's not like they're going to get a lot of playing time. We had Sanders and Brown in that role early last year.

Cotchery to any team would improve it, imo.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Wes Lyons, what's the word on this guy? 6'8" 230, who needs Plexico we already have a huge target...... I have only seen video of him blocking and I got to say I liked what I saw. Decleated somebody. I say stick him in the #5 spot and see what he has..

[QUOTE=O'Malley;188829]Wes Lyons, what's the word on this guy? 6'8" 230, who needs Plexico we already have a huge target...... I have only seen video of him blocking and I got to say I liked what I saw. Decleated somebody. I say stick him in the #5 spot and see what he has..[/QUOTE

He is doing really well...so far. Still alot to prove. And he is 6ft, 9,,,Not 6ft, 8. Don't sell him short

Quote Originally Posted by steelers_suck View Post
    Crotchery hence the word Crotch,is not young by any means and Crotchery is just a slow beat up receiver,you obvious lack any football knowledge since when is 29/30 young?

I think 29 IS younger then 34 ( Plaxico )...and I guess by YOUR figuring,,,Boldin is OLD huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    It's not like they're going to get a lot of playing time. We had Sanders and Brown in that role early last year.
    Yes I know those guys will fill any role, but Sanders is still questionable with that foot injury and has Brown really shown enough to be relied on as a #3-#4 guy yet?

- Greg Lloyd

Not much news today. He took a physical today, had a meeting with Ravens FO, and spent the whole day at the castle reportedly

EDit: he passed aswell

Ravens Castle @ Owings Mills -- The Baltimore Ravens have decided to pass on veteran wide receivrer Jerricho Cotchery.
    Cotchery visited the Ravens and took a physical on Tuesday, but isn't being offered a contract.

Ravens Castle @ Owings Mills -- The Baltimore Ravens have decided to pass on veteran wide receivrer Jerricho Cotchery.
    Cotchery visited the Ravens and took a physical on Tuesday, but isn't being offered a contract.

Personally think that is a huge mistake. Cotchery would immediately be the Ravens 2nd best WR. He passed the physical, so there are no medical concerns. And this late in the game, I highly doubt Cotchery and his agent are asking for alot of money. Come week 1 against us, your weak WR core will be your Doom.

Gotta wonder is Ozzie knows what he's doing or the Ravens are legitimately falling apart

Maybe Cotchery isn't all he's cracked up to be...

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

His back issues may be too big of a concern.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Former Jets WR Jericho Cotchery will agree to terms today on a one-year contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. More at ESPN.com.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Former Jets WR Jericho Cotchery will agree to terms today on a one-year contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. More at ESPN.com.

Well, that's ONE Tweet I am very Happy to see ...to those who disagree, I respect your thoughts. And I KNOW that guys like Sanders and Brown will be okay to go by week 1. But you cannot underscore just how VALUABLE a guy like Cotchery is. He is a total TEAM guy. And will do anything asked of him. I GUARANTEE you those Baltimore fans who have been posting here will laugh & Mock this signing. But, after week 1,,,they will NOT!

Great News sir. Thanks for passing it along.

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Welcome to the Steelers!!

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Wow!

Welcome to Pittsburgh Jerricho!! I hope you can do something to contribute
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~