Thread: Steelers TC - Tuesday

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Steelers TC - Tuesday

Taking a buddy of mine who has never been to TC on Tuesday. Who here is going???

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Steelers TC - Tuesday

I'm going this weekend and will try to go to as many as I can during the weekdays, so I may be there Tuesday also.

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Im going wed. with father-in-law. first time what should i expect or should i bring? Open practice starts @ 2:55pm is that correct? how long does it last? what time should i get there? any other info would be nice thanks

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    Im going wed. with father-in-law. first time what should i expect or should i bring? Open practice starts @ 2:55pm is that correct? how long does it last? what time should i get there? any other info would be nice thanks
    2:55 is when it is supposed to start but the players have started coming out onto the field around 2:30 the past two days, today they practiced until 5:30, yesterday a few minutes past 5:00. I've arrived at 2:00 the past two days and had my pick to view from pretty much anywhere, was in the bleachers for about a half hour before the heat was too much for me so I went and sat in a grassy area on top of the hill in the shade. There are concession stands throughout the campus with food and water for sale. Some people bring beach towels or chairs to sit on the grass. Have fun!

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    2:55 is when it is supposed to start but the players have started coming out onto the field around 2:30 the past two days, today they practiced until 5:30, yesterday a few minutes past 5:00. I've arrived at 2:00 the past two days and had my pick to view from pretty much anywhere, was in the bleachers for about a half hour before the heat was too much for me so I went and sat in a grassy area on top of the hill in the shade. There are concession stands throughout the campus with food and water for sale. Some people bring beach towels or chairs to sit on the grass. Have fun!
    Thanks one more thing what about if it rains i just checked looks like a 50% of rain. Just wondering if they shorten things or just stay inside

If it rains they most likely end practice if it is really bad, Friday got cut short because of rain. I've only been there once with a light sprinkle that ended before the players came out to start so I don't know for sure how bad it has to be to cancel practice.

Junior Member Array title="Rion is an unknown quantity at this point">

What are the chances of getting any autographs?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Pictures, pictures, pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rion View Post
    What are the chances of getting any autographs?
    If you're willing to get there early and stay late, you should be able to get plenty of autographs. Everyone who wants them crowds the area around where the players come out. When HTG and I go, we don't go anywhere near there because everyone runs to get a spot and they will run you over if you aren't paying attention.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    If it rains they most likely end practice if it is really bad, Friday got cut short because of rain. I've only been there once with a light sprinkle that ended before the players came out to start so I don't know for sure how bad it has to be to cancel practice.
    Do they end it because of rain, or lightning? If they end it because of rain only, that's kinda weak.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    If you're willing to get there early and stay late, you should be able to get plenty of autographs. Everyone who wants them crowds the area around where the players come out. When HTG and I go, we don't go anywhere near there because everyone runs to get a spot and they will run you over if you aren't paying attention.
    Take some SU t-shirts!!! It would be great to get the players to wear them!!...I will shoot off a text to your choice of Emmanuel Sanders... Baron Batch...Lawrence Timmons or Antonio Brown (or all of them) if you verify that you are taking them
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Do they cancel practice or just take it inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Do they end it because of rain, or lightning? If they end it because of rain only, that's kinda weak.
    Yeah I meant lightning and/or storms, but like I said I haven't been there when when it has rained a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Do they cancel practice or just take it inside?
    Not sure what the players do if it gets cancelled, they are just at a college campus so not sure if they would practice in the gym or maybe they would just get the day off.

Well really enjoyed TC today despite the heavy rain there @ beginning before the players came out but it tapered off for awhile. I will post a few pics 2morrow when I get home. Really enjoyed watching baron batch made a couple good catches out of backfield also enjoyed his hustle the whole practice. Is sweed wearing 80 this yr I know he used to wear 14 but according the roster they handed out he was wearing 80 if so he made a couple good catches. Also number 35 not listed looked real good to me playing safety but that number not listed. And as usual heath didn't miss 1 pass all practice. TC is a must if never been here I really enjoyed it.

Yeah Sweed is now wearing #80. #35 on defense is Brett Greenwood from Iowa. The roster on the Steelers official site is more up to date than what they hand out at camp. http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

I added some pictures from wed. Aug 3rd in the T.C. 2011 training camp pics section if interested

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

I'll be at camp tomorrow with onfield passes. Wearing my SU shirt, of course.