Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rounds 2 and 3

Member Array title="buzz998 is a jewel in the rough">

rounds 2 and 3

i hope the steelers draft some big uglies in the next two rounds because their run blocking o-line sucks as it currently stands. it's not that i dislike the Harris pick in the first as much as i feel like everything starts in the trenches...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: rounds 2 and 3

Agreed. They did need a better RB but it all starts upfront. Like I said in the other thread, they don't draft o-line you render Najee meaningless

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm sure OL is addressed and they're aware of it. Part of the problem was the lack of talent at RB, which they addressed big here.

the Harris pick was a HUGE upgrade at RB without question. i just hope they can find near equal value and upgrade for the OL in the rest of the draft. i don't watch college ball, but i do watch pro when i can. i DO pay attention to the fact that the majority of quality RB's in the NFL are NOT first round picks. i kind of felt there was more value at OT in the 1st than RB in the 1st for that reason. many of the quality guards in the NFL seem to be stellar collegiate G's or converted quality collegiate T's. which are usually found in later rounds.

at least that is what i have noticed from watching the pro games and hearing where players played at in college and where they were drafted.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Players still available:

OCs:
    Landon Dickerson, Alabama
    Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma
    Quinn Meinerz, Whitewater
    Josh Myers, Ohio St.
    Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame
    Tre Hill, Georgia

OTs:
    Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma St.
    Dillon Radunz, North Dakota St.
    Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa
    Jaylen Mayfield, Michigan
    Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
    Jackson Carman, Clemson

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They'll get a center tomorrow and add a tackle in round 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    what do you expect in rd 3? or are you expecting a trade up using their 3rd round pick?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buzz998 View Post
    what do you expect in rd 3? or are you expecting a trade up using their 3rd round pick?
    It'll be a defensive player I expect. Corner or linebacker.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Adrian Ealey OT Oklahoma-in the 4th.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pick 55
    A. Offensive lineman
    B. Stupid pick

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I know that no one wants to hear anything about "other" positions, but these guys are still available, as well:

JOK, Notre Dame
    Asante Samuel, Jr., Florida St.
    Trevon Moehrig, TCU
    Pat Freiermuth, Penn St.
    Hunter Long, BC

Along with my previous (O-line) list, that is 17 guys that I could see being picked at 55 (and would be good picks)... and we pick 23rd in this round.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Best remaining prospects available in the 2021 NFL Draft

Published: Apr 29, 2021
    Daniel Jeremiah
    NFL Media analyst

https://www.nfl.com/news/best-remain...2021-nfl-draft

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Best remaining prospects available in the 2021 NFL Draft

Published: Apr 29, 2021
    Daniel Jeremiah
    NFL Media analyst

https://www.nfl.com/news/best-remain...2021-nfl-draft
    Ooooh... Levi Onwuzurike

If we did not need an OC and an OT (and a CB and an ILB), I would be tempted to take him at 55. Our D-line would be insane!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I almost listed Dalman, but I figured he was a R4 type of guy. Never would have thought that I would see him being considered at 55.

(Why does Dulac have me blocked?)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

I almost listed Dalman, but I figured he was a R4 type of guy. Never would have thought that I would see him being considered at 55.

(Why does Dulac have me blocked?)
    Dulac, like most journalist, are pretty sensitive people, so I doubt it takes much to get blocked. Maybe you questioned one of his 'reports' or 'takes'?

I'm tripling down on 'Bama players:

R1: Najee
    R2: Captain Cartwheel
    R3: Dylan Moses, ILB

gut feeling, they really like both Dickerson and Freiermuth.

gut feeling, they really like both Dickerson and Freiermuth.
    Indeed

They were two of the guys with whom they spent a lot of time talking to (at their pro days).

POSITIONS WHO WE DO NOT NEED
    (that will push OCs/OTs down to us):

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
    Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
    Terrance Marshall, Jr., WR, LSU
    Javante Williams, RB, North Carolina
    Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia
    Joseph Ossai, Edge, Texas
    Carlos Basham, Jr., Edge, Wake Forest
    Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma (even though I like him)
    Christian Barmore, DT, ‘Bama
    Levi Owuzurike, DT, Washington (even though I like him)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, I see Dalman as a day 3 guy. Round 2 is a big reach IMO.

Jenkins, Raddunz, Mayfield, Humphrey, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Little, Spencer Brown, Josh Myers are all better selections than Dalman IMO.

I still would not rule out that Assante Samuel Jr, Kelvin Joseph and Tyson Campbell are all there at CB too.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Round 2 or 3 is going to be a TE, I hope.
    Last edited by Shoes; 04-30-2021 at 03:08 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rounds 2-3...

What if Freirmuth and Humphrey/Dickerson are there?

For Rounds 2-3, obviously give me BPA based on needs but I’m hoping for (in no order), 2 of 3 ... OT, OC or TE...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rounds 2-3...

What if Freirmuth and Humphrey/Dickerson are there?

For Rounds 2-3, obviously give me BPA based on needs but I’m hoping for (in no order), 2 of 3 ... OT, OC or TE...
    That would be a good problem to have.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That would be a good problem to have.
    We know what you do...lol

I’m not sure what I would do there. Do you take Freiermuth and hope that Myers falls to 87?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    We know what you do...lol

I’m not sure what I would do there. Do you take Freiermuth and hope that Myers falls to 87?
    If the pick is indeed Freiermuth expect heads to assplode around here!!!

As far as Myers being there at 87... alas, no. A few weeks back, some pundit was talking about the sweet spot for the centers was 55-66. All four would be there at 55, but Dickerson, Humphrey, & Myers would assuredly be gone by 66... with Meinerz possibly creeping in there, as well.

I’m not sure why they chose that last number (66), but they specifically stated that the Steelers would “have their choice” of the top OCs at 55.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

O line is the way to go. But there was nothing wrong with the run game the first 4-5 games last year. Derrick Henry would have run for 1500 for the Steelers last year.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Stone Forsythe is another huge LT prospect that should be in play at 55 or 87.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It’s likely that C is the only position that’s drafted and will actually start next year. I say they go C in R2 and OT in R3. I won’t be surprised if they trade up to get their next HOF center.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buzz998 View Post
    i hope the steelers draft some big uglies in the next two rounds because their run blocking o-line sucks as it currently stands. it's not that i dislike the Harris pick in the first as much as i feel like everything starts in the trenches...
    Yes our running game sucked but a lot of that was on our offensive coordinator and line coach (losing Mike Munchak killed us) from last year which both are gone. I forget who it was, but at some point last year and old Steelers lineman broke down the OL techniques and said the way they were all coming off the ball was more designed to pass protect and horrible for the running game because they were stepping backwards instead of firing off the ball. The point is with a few more drafts in the next couple of rounds, better coaching, and a better well balance run/pass attack our guys that came back from last year could be better.

But it's been one round, let's step back and wait to see what the overall draft plan is before jumping off the building.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I guess I am in the minority on this ...

Banner was the week 1 starter last year he won that job in camp at RT he will resume that role in 2021 and he is a mountain of a man in the best shape of his life reports claim ...

Decastro is decastro ... rock solid at RG

Finney played well in place of Pouncey before no reason to think he wont again , and if Honest Pouncey the last 2 years was not the all pro he once was his play declined

Dotson is gonna be a beast he played well as a rookie and that arrow is pointed up

Chuks proved he belongs if the move to LT doesn't hinder him any it will actually be an upgrade over AV...

so where is this line any worse than the last few years ??

one could argue its going to be better ...

I could see them drafting a Center and a swing tackle but I do not believe its imperative for success either
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now