Thread: Good news everyone! Danica is back!

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Good news everyone! Danica is back!

On a short track.

“All eyes will be on Danica this weekend,” said Jerry Gappens, executive vice president and general manager of New Hampshire Motor Speedway. “From her off-track persona to her on track performance, she’ll command the attention of fans and industry insiders alike. I hope she continues her recent streak of top ten finishes!”

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Re: Good news everyone! Danica is back!

Dan-i-ca Dan-i-ca Dan-i-ca!

"I'm nervous, because it's new and there's so much to learn about the way a race goes, how the race kind of plays out normally, and the yellow flags and the pit stops and how the car changes over a fuel run and how the tires change," Patrick said. "And there's just so much that I'm unfamiliar with. And so that makes me nervous, because I care and I want to do well. And I'm not going to know it all the first time I go there, but I hope to do a good job. So I know that people are watching and I want to put on a good show for the fans. I want to give them a reason to cheer for me."

"I'm eager to learn the Nationwide car," she said. "And I think that the best thing I can do for myself on the NASCAR weekends is really come up with some realistic expectation levels, instead of having them be like IndyCar expectation levels where I'm hoping to win and I'm hoping to finish on the podium, those kinds of things. Those are probably a little bit more unrealistic in Nationwide at this point for how much I still have to learn. So that's probably the best way that I can come away with momentum coming from Loudon, would be to set a realistic expectation level, and hopefully that happens."

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

She just needs to get out there and run the laps and learn the car, and, more importantly, the dynamics of cup. I think the only real difficult transition is realizing that unlike in open wheel where even touching another car can be fatal, she needs to bang up those fenders. She's an aggressive driver...she'll do well in stock cars and piss off a LOT of people before it's all said and done.
    Fire Goodell

Yeah - I hope she knocks the Wallace boys down a few more notches - wait - they can't get any lower. The bubbas will squeal.

Except Joonyer is the one teaching her how to drive the tracks - that could slow down her learning.

Morgan Sheppard is an idiot.

She ran a good race for the most part and finished. Wreck wasn't her doing - old men should learn how to drive. Her lap times were right up there with the leaders.

But one thing this track showed, you get in back of the pack and you WILL be lapped. and lack of cautions don't give any wiggle room if you have problems.

12 cars on the lead lap at one point.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I think she will adapt well she just needs seat time.

She'll be racing at Daytona this week, her second time around - that'll fill up the seats.

Last edited by Killer; 06-28-2010 at 12:27 PM.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer View Post
    She'll be racing at Daytona this week, her second time around - that'll fill up the seats.

Damn nice pic Killer

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

You guys aren't fans due to her driving talents - or lack of - but fans of her purtyness, right?

Pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post

You guys aren't fans due to her driving talents - or lack of - but fans of her purtyness, right?

Pigs.
    OINK OINK LOL

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    OINK OINK LOL

Galax, that is funny, plus on top of how sweet you are and well .... keep it up and I might just fall in love with you.

(I looked for a smiley for this particular post that isn't there, XT is going to kill me when I PM him about it, LMAO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post

Galax, that is funny, plus on top of how sweet you are and well .... keep it up and I might just fall in love with you.

(I looked for a smiley for this particular post that isn't there, XT is going to kill me when I PM him about it, LMAO!)

Damn Shea you are going to make me cry. LOL

hey - we're trying to talk about cars here

What the hell is she a doing in those pictures it just ruins the picture.

What the hell is she a doing in those pictures it just ruins the picture
    why on earth do people quote pictures?

I know what I posted, I look up, yep, still there

bandwidth killer

Really don't have anything more to add to this thread.

Just wanted to quote the pictures since it seems to piss Killer off.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Are you mad? It's because I never got you that diamond collar I promised, isn't it.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Are you mad? It's because I never got you that diamond collar I promised, isn't it.
    I'm not at all mad, just playin with ya, but you can take that diamond collar and shove it up your arse.

And on a side note - Happy Birthday, Killer!

Thanks!

now for something really hot

Daytona Nationwide COT Debut

I like the Mustang good looking car.

OK my bad

Actually - she's not racing this week - - I just like to rile up the haters.

July 4: Watkins Glen (INDYCAR)

July 9: Chicagoland (NATIONWIDE)

July 18: Toronto (INDYCAR)

July 25: Edmonton (INDYCAR)

Aug. 8: Ohio (INDYCAR)

Aug. 14: Michigan (NATIONWIDE)

Aug. 22: Infineon (INDYCAR)

Aug. 28: Chicagoland (INDYCAR)

Sept. 4: Kentucky (INDYCAR)

Sept. 18: Japan (INDYCAR)

Sept. 25: Dover (NATIONWIDE)

Oct. 2: Homestead (INDYCAR)