Thread: Matchup between Roethlisberger and Ashley Harlan declared 'destiny'

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Matchup between Roethlisberger and Ashley Harlan declared 'destiny'

Sally Hiers remembers Ashley Harlan's 6-year-old face beaming when they met long ago at First Alliance Church in New Castle, Harlan's hometown.

"She was such a happy little girl who loved sports and loved going to church," Hiers said of Harlan, 26, who on Saturday will become the wife of Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers' two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback. "She has grown into a beautiful young woman."

Pittsburgh's royal wedding is set for Christ Church at Grove Farm in Ohio Township, the couple's place of worship for the past year. Although most people are familiar with the groom, many don't know much about the bride-to-be, who met Roethlisberger at training camp in 2005. The couple has dated on and off since. News of their engagement broke about seven months ago.

In June, Roethlisberger told the Tribune-Review that he and Harlan share at least one trait: "Pretty competitive, but I don't know anybody as competitive as me."..........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_747514.html

Senior Member Array title="Lambert_Loonie will become famous soon enough"> Lambert_Loonie's Avatar

35 minutes north of the hellhole that is Paul Brown Stadium

Re: Matchup between Roethlisberger and Ashley Harlan declared 'destiny'

I know this is coming from the guy with the Lambert screenname and praised Harrison for calling out the Commish in the fashion that he did, but...

Awww, Ben's settling down with a nice girl! This is just too cute!

But I'll admit to having recently gotten engaged myself, so I may be a little biased. :P

You don't have to agree with me, but I do recomend it.

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert_Loonie View Post
    I know this is coming from the guy with the Lambert screenname and praised Harrison for calling out the Commish in the fashion that he did, but...

Awww, Ben's settling down with a nice girl! This is just too cute!

But I'll admit to having recently gotten engaged myself, so I may be a little biased. :P

Congrats on your engagement.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Actually very happy for Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="siss is a jewel in the rough"> siss's Avatar

I give up. I can't fight with destiny. Sounds like he got himself a classy lady.

Win another Super Bowl now that you found your lady!

Senior Member Array title="KeiselPower99 is on a distinguished road"> KeiselPower99's Avatar

Marriage is an amazing thing if done right. It seems Ben has found the one he adores and loves. Way to go!!!