Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Famous Steeler Quotes"

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

"Famous Steeler Quotes"

Here is my disclaimer: These may not be exactly word for word. That being said here goes:

1) When asked about the Steelers going to the SB the reply was: "It's our next game".

2) "from now on no one gets past the 50 yardline!"

3) " if I could live my life over I would be a football player and you damn well better belive I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler"!

4) " We're a road team. We're the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have fans everywhere!"

5) When asked about protecting the QB he said: " I think we should put dresses on them"

6) "My dad would listen to his talk show and I would think, 'Why would you listen to that?' Then I found myself listening to that. I (did) my show with him and he (made) me feel young."(tough one)

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post
    Here is my disclaimer: These may not be exactly word for word. That being said here goes:

1) When asked about the Steelers going to the SB the reply was: "It's our next game".

2) "from now on no one gets past the 50 yardline!"

3) " if I could live my life over I would be a football player and you damn well better belive I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler"!

4) " We're a road team. We're the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have fans everywhere!"

5) When asked about protecting the QB he said: " I think we should put dresses on them"

6) "My dad would listen to his talk show and I would think, 'Why would you listen to that?' Then I found myself listening to that. I (did) my show with him and he (made) me feel young."(tough one)
    Some amazing quotes. Here is my favorite: 7)"We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people." Kevin Greene.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I like very loved the statement by Joey Porter on Jeremy Stevens super bowl XL.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

"We are going to unleash hell in December"

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

bad memory!

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Ya we won't hear that from him anytime soon!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Didn't Greg Lloyd say, "We're going to win the whole fucking thing" on live TV in the locker room after the 1995 AFC Championship?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.' I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
    - - - Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post

1) When asked about the Steelers going to the SB the reply was: "It's our next game". Chuck Knoll

2) "from now on no one gets past the 50 yardline!" Joe Greene

3) " if I could live my life over I would be a football player and you damn well better belive I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler"! Jack Lambert

4) " We're a road team. We're the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have fans everywhere!"Troy

5) When asked about protecting the QB he said: " I think we should put dresses on them"Lambert

Cowher

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

A year later!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.' I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
    - - - Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)
    Greatest quote ever!!!!

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Well Traveled Array title="VTsteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> VTsteel's Avatar

Mike Tomlin is a quote machine - He has a unique grasp of the vernacular. i personally love listening to him speak. He has too many to identify as "the best". So here are a bunch that I grabbed from http://www.donnan.com/Mike-Tomlin.htm

MIKE TOMLIN QUOTES

"The sun wasn't up, but it technically wasn't the middle of the night"
    Describing Big Ben's phone call regarding the Georgia incident "That is the only guaranteed ticket to this dance that we're not participating in. If you want a team to be championship caliber, it starts with division dominance."
    Referring to the Steelers 2-4 division record in 2009
    "From my perspective, you learn more in failure than you do in success."
    Regarding which players fought back after an 0-5 losing streak
    "My mentality is singular in that I want to be world champs each and every year, so that's what we work toward. I have a tough time acknowledging levels of success short of that. That's just how I'm wired."
    In response to a Steelers' first: A pair of 1,000-yard receivers (Holmes & Ward) a 4,000-yard QB (Roethlisberger) and a 1,000-yard RB (Mendenhall)
    "Wins and losses are black and white and it’s pure, it’s purity."
    Talking basics
    "A lot of times familiarity doesn't breed comfort"
    Speaking of the upcoming game vs the Ravens
    "Good to win one for our fans. Got the greatest fans in the world. Good performance for them, get them something to be excited about here at Heinz Field. Today I'm just as excited about that as getting that 5-week monkey off our back."
    Following a last second 37-36 win over the Packers while breaking a 5 game losing streak
    "I'll wear that like a badge of honor. That comes with the job. I don't live in my fear. I just play to win. I don't worry about being judged."
    Referring to his controversial on-side kick decision vs the Packers
    "We're going to have to become one with ourselves, if you will, individually and collectively."
    In response to the Steelers' 4th loss in a row to the Raiders
    "We will not go gently, we will unleash hell here in December, because we have to. We won't go in the shell, we will go into attack mode, because that is what is required."
    Following loss to Ravens that jeopardized playoff chances
    "The arrow is pointing up with him."
    Regarding the play of QB Dennis Dixon
    "Lots of people ride the waves of disruption that he provides."
    Referring to the play of Brett Keisel
    "Classic AFC North warfare."
    Regarding the upcoming Steelers-Bengals game.
    "Big men on blades of grass... the most violent team is going to win."
    Comments before the first 2009 regular season game vs the Titans
    "We're going to guard against feelings of entitlement. We're simply going to be blue collar humble and start a process of building our football team."
    Coach Tomlin looking ahead to the 2009 season
    "When you step into the stadium, it's not too big for some, and maybe it's too big for others. People usually distinguish themselves positively or negatively when you start playing football games."
    Comments leading up to the 2009 pre-season opener against the visiting Cardinals
    "We've gotta have Steeler kind of tempo in our play"
    Comment about the level of play to expect in their upcoming 2009 pre-season opener
    "I'm not concerned about avoiding anything that happened three years ago or worried about letdowns or things of that nature. When you use the term 'letdown' you proceed with the assumption that this is a continuation of something that happened in the past."
    Referring to the team's poor start in 2006 following their Super Bowl win
    "The '08 Steelers are the '08 Steelers, we're here team-building for '09, we're not assuming anything, that's a dangerous thing. We're going to guard against feelings of entitlement. We're simply going to be blue-collar and humble and we're going to start a process of building our football team.”
    As the 2009 training camp begins in Latrobe, following a 6th Lombardi
    "I don't view it as something like I won the lottery. I'm proud of the sacrifices and the accomplishments of the men involved, but it was something I thought we were capable of. So the end result doesn't register the response that winning the lottery or something of that nature, where you have to pinch yourself."
    In reference to winning his first Lombardi trophy
    "I'm a private person by nature, this is what I do, it's not who I am."
    "Hungry is a word that I've been analyzing here of late. It's not hunger that drives me, it's not hunger that needs to drive our football team. Hunger and thirst are things that can be quenched. We have to be a driven group, we have to seek greatness."
    Preparing for the 2009 season
    "It's not something that I'm going to attempt to avoid. I think if I attempt to avoid it, I may acknowledge the possibility of it happening exists."
    Addressing the possibility of another post-Super Bowl slump like 2006
    "In order to be a candidate for a championship caliber team you have to work hard, but within that we have to find a delicate balance of working smart."
    Changes in preparation after a long season Super Bowl season
    "I'm always moving to new challenges. I'm a moving on kind of guy."
    "Steeler Nation, you leave us all speechless, man. We just appreciate the love. How about the Steelers? How about the greatest fans in the world? How about number six? Thank you, we love you guys."
    During the Super Bowl XLIII victory celebration in Pittsburgh
    "I actually never even touched it (the Lombardi trophy during the postgame celebration). I see five of them every day when I go to work. I know what they look like. I'm just glad that I can do my part in terms of contributing to that trophy case."
    Mike Tomlin's low key approach to winning his first Lombardi trophy with the Steelers
    "I'm very blessed to be hired by the Rooney family. They took a chance on a 34-year-old coach with not a long resume. They took a little criticism for it, and I took it personal. I wanted to ante up and add to their legacy."
    "We don't live in our fears, we live in our hopes."
    Coach Tomlin following the Steelers win over the Rams in 2007
    "Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never going to be pretty. Throw style points out the window, but these guys will fight to the end. We didn't blink."
    Following the Steelers' unprecedented 6th Super Bowl win
    "Nothing stays the same in this game, a few will come and go, those that remain, the roles will change, some will ascend, some will descend, that's the nature of today's NFL. Our focus will be about being The One at the end of the season."
    Press conference following Super Bowl XLIII win
    "What he did tonight is similar to what he did for us in the month of January. In big moments, we know what we can get from him."
    Talking about Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes
    "Hey, Chief, this is for you. This guy right here, he's not my father, but he's my father. I love you, man."
    Talking about his stepfather Leslie Copeland

"I wouldn't want to have won this any other way, with everybody contributing. I'm just glad I could do my part to contribute to that trophy case."
    Talking about the Steelers' 6th Lombardi trophy

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Hilarious!

If Tomlin wants to see how to unleash Hell, he might want to see what the members did to Matthew at SF

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

"In order to win the game, you must first not lose it."

-Chuck Noll
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

@VTstee

OMGosh...I need to print this out. Really Good stuff!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Hey Eugene!!!!!!!.............Upshaw!!!!, I'm gonna kick your a$$.

Ernie Holmes

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

"None of our Superbowl wins felt like conclusions."

~Tight End Randy Grossman

Best one here.....and that's the difference between today's steelers and the steelers of the 70's

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

"hey guys watch the door for me for a few"

Too soon?

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    "hey guys watch the door for me for a few"

Too soon?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
    - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White
    "You take the guy out of Pittsburgh, but you can't take the Pittsburgh out of the guy. Yinz know what I mean."
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

SteelerSal
    "Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."

-- Jack Lambert --

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Steelers mission statement:

"The mission of the Pittsburgh Steelers Football Club is to represent Pittsburgh in the National Football League, primarily by winning the Championship of Professional Football. The Club should conduct a first-class, profitable operation, as a valuable member of the community."
    All Defense!

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Haven't seen this one yet. "When I walk past that trophy case I see 5 Lombradi's not 5 rushing titles. The issue is winning."
    Might be off a bit as i'm going strictly on memory.
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.

"If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint." Steelers announcer Myron Cope, after Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder sent someone into the broadcast booth during a game to tell Cope to stop referring to his team as the "Wash Redfaces" (2000).

"It's like what they said about the raptor in Jurassic Park - one of us gets your attention, the other one gets you." Greg Lloyd.

"Chuck and I hit it off the first day we met. We had an argument." Art Rooney.

"Who is Joe Namath? This is a guy who, if he played in the league today, I'd probably just go hit him late and see what he did, just for the hell of it. Joe Namath can go to hell; he can kiss my ass." Greg Lloyd, after NBC commentator Joe Namath accused Lloyd of playing dirty (1991).

"I am very aggressive and very physical. On the field I guess I am just plain mean." Jack Lambert.

"I want to bring back the pride and tradition long associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and more importantly, with the people of Pittsburgh." Bill Cowher.

"We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people." Kevin Greene.

"I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." Tackle Orlando Brown, on playing in Baltimore for Art Modell's Ravens (1999).

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

"Going after the QB is like playing king of the mountain. When you get the QB, you're on top of the mountain." Joe Greene.

"To be honest, the fans pay our bills. They pay my bills. They pay for my house and everything else. That's the best feeling in the world to come out and see 60,000 people at a football game." Lee Flowers, on what motivates him (1998).

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).

"I'm not out there to pussyfoot or be your friend. I have a lot of friends around the league. But I don't know you when you're on the field. I play the game." Greg Lloyd

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight." Joe Greene

"It's time to plant some seeds. What that means is, hit them in the mouth. Ya know, plant some seeds. Show 'em what time it is." Levon Kirkland

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

"The only thing I want to see different is that there were a lot of Steelers fans there, which is great for the Steelers, but this is our home." Mike Holmgren, Seahawks/Steelers Game (2003)

- Greg Lloyd

Last edited by BlastFurnace; 05-30-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    Didn't Greg Lloyd say, "We're going to win the whole fucking thing" on live TV in the locker room after the 1995 AFC Championship?
    Yes. I have the game on tape and he said it as clear as day.

Junior Member Array title="JoeCactus is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeCactus's Avatar

Great thread........my favorite Steeler Quote was a humorous one on Monday Night Football...........players announced their background as in college or home town.............

Jack Lambert, no teeth and all says with a straight face (he played at Kent State).....picture on tv......."Jack Lambert, Buzzard's Breath, Wyoming"...............

Qui dall'inizio Array title="Vincent is on a distinguished road"> Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    Yes. I have the game on tape and he said it as clear as day.
    "Let's see if we bring this damn trophy here next year along with the fuckin Super Bowl." Priceless!!
    http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20&dateline=127519049  3

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Why not? Array title="Prouncey53 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prouncey53's Avatar

"I don't feel sorry for you. Line up and play football!" - Greg Lloyd