Thread: Hines Ward wasn't impaired, manager says in wake of DUI arrest

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Hines Ward wasn't impaired, manager says in wake of DUI arrest

Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward has been arrested in Georgia on a drunk driving charge, but his manager said in a statement that he wasn't impaired.............

Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said the Steelers and the Rooney family were aware of Mr. Ward's arrest but would not comment further. Mr. Ward's agent, Andrew Ree, released this statement:

"On July 9th Hines Ward was stopped by Dekalb Co. police for suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence. He cooperated fully with the police and truthfully answered all of their questions. We are currently in the process of ascertaining all the facts. From our preliminary investigation we can tell you that we are confident that the facts will show that Hines was NOT impaired by alcohol while driving. However, Hines is deeply saddened by this incident and apologizes to his fans and the Steelers organization for this distraction."
    Read more @
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11190/1159421-100.stm

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Re: Hines Ward wasn't impaired, manager says in wake of DUI arrest

DUI IS one of the easiest things to get thrown out... lets see what happens...

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Regardless of whether he was impaired or not, he still drove with alcohol in his system. What he did was wrong and he should and will pay the price. I love him to death and I'm a little hurt, but he'll learn and everyone will forget about it. As I said before, the most important thing is that no one was hurt nor were any cars wrecked.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Hines Ward -- I Didn't Drive Drunk!
    51 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Hines Ward is sorry he got popped for DUI early this morning ... but he says when all the facts come out, they'll show he didn't drive while drunk.

LINK: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/09/hines-...omments-anchor

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post

Hines Ward is sorry he got popped for DUI early this morning ... but he says when all the facts come out, they'll show he didn't drive while drunk.

He better have some good evidence showing he hadn't been driving impaired.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Regardless of whether he was impaired or not, he still drove with alcohol in his system. What he did was wrong and he should and will pay the price. I love him to death and I'm a little hurt, but he'll learn and everyone will forget about it. As I said before, the most important thing is that no one was hurt nor were any cars wrecked.
    People drive with alcohol in their system all the time. Its not illegal unless you are over the limit. Which a universal legal limit is stupid anyway because everyone has different tolerances.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is that the mirror ball trophy reflecting in the window?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

One fact will clear this up. What was his Blood Alcohol Level and what is the acceptable level in Georgia?

Still, if he had been drinking, call a cab or a friend. Don't drive after drinking. Bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Exactly. Had he hit someone else, or worse had their been a fatality in an accident, the fact that alcohol was in his system would have been a major issue. On a personal note, I have no idea why people choose to do that. It just isn't worth the risk. A beer and then driving three hours later is a different story. But having a couple beers and then driving home is just too risky. Even if there is no impairment, the D.A. or the opposing lawyer in a civil case will assuredly bring up the fact that alcohol was a part of the overall picture.

IMO, just not worth the risk.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

mug shot. you decide...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

His manager had to say that. He's paid to back his client. I agree with Preacher, it's just not worth the risk.

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

DUI IS one of the easiest things to get thrown out... lets see what happens...
    Thanks for telling me that now after 11 years..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BPS3akaWirels3 View Post
    Thanks for telling me that now after 11 years..
    Ouch! LOL.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

mug shot. you decide...lol.
    And that's another thing....I've seen 2 different mug shots in 2 different shirts.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Hines Ward wasn't impaired, manager says in wake of DUI arrest

According to other media sources, Hines actually REFUSED to do the Breathalyzer !

DeKalb County police said they stopped Ward at about 2:30 a.m. after they saw his Aston Martin weave and hit a curb, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, which also reported that police said he failed a field sobriety test, refused a breathalyzer and said he had been at a club where he had two drink
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    According to other media sources, Hines actually REFUSED to do the Breathalyzer !
    I'm still reserving judgment, especially since the local authorities there can't seem to decide how much bond money he posted:

The former Super Bowl MVP and reigning "Dancing With the Stars" champ was booked into the DeKalb County jail at 3:41 a.m. and charged with driving under the influence. A jail official said he was released on $1,300 bond, though the sheriff's office website said his bond was set at $1,000. The discrepancy couldn't be immediately resolved Saturday
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...driving-charge

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

has anything good ever come of a steelers trip to Georgia?
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    has anything good ever come of a steelers trip to Georgia?
    That's where Hines lives. He has a gorgeous house there that was featured in Architechtural digest last year.