Thread: Ohio State vacates win from 2010 football season, places program on probation

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Ohio State vacates win from 2010 football season, places program on probation

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...a.html?sid=101

Ohio State vacates wins from 2010 football season, places program on probation
    Friday, July 8, 2011 12:20 PM
    Updated: Friday, July 8, 2011 12:52 PM
    By Randy Ludlow
    The Columbus Dispatch

An "embarrassed" Ohio State University is wiping its stellar 2010 football season from the record books as self-imposed punishment for major NCAA violations.

But it is not suggesting that the team lose scholarships or be banned from postseason play.

In a response submitted today to the NCAA, Ohio State admits allegations that then-coach Jim Tressel lied and allowed ineligible players to compete by failing to report that they had sold OSU-issued memorabilia to a tattoo-parlor owner.

Ohio State concedes major violations of NCAA regulations but says it should not face harsher punishment, because no OSU official other than Tressel was aware of player violations, according to the response that was obtained by The Dispatch.
    The NCAA is gonna come down even harder then this.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: Ohio State vacates win from 2010 football season, places program on probation

Whatever

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: Ohio State vacates win from 2010 football season, places program on probation

Finally knock off an SEC school in a bowl game, and it's taken away.

Sad that 5 kids can wreck it for the other 115.
    Fire Goodell

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fuck em. NCAA should drop the hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

All the haters will enjoy this set-back...won't matter though. OSU will continue to dominate the Big Ten.
    Fire Goodell

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Don't really care about this, waiting for the eventual hammer that will be brought down on UNC because they handed their program over to Butch...

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Finally knock off an SEC school in a bowl game, and it's taken away.

Sad that 5 kids can wreck it for the other 115.
    That's the sad thing. The NCAA should have forced a suspension of those 5 players for that game to. you wouldn't have to worry about crap like this suit. Then you can keep that game.

Either way, the NCAA is come down harshly on the Buckeyes. Anything less then 3-4 bowl ban, scholarships cut, and 5-10 years probation is basically saying the NCAA has no muscle.

Won't happen. Tressel is the goat...I expect it will not be as bad as most people think.
    Fire Goodell

Won't happen. Tressel is the goat...I expect it will not be as bad as most people think.
    After this, you're probably right.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tball-findings
    Come on NCAA. You know Ohio State had no institutional control, NONE.

[QUOTE=SteelCityMan786;181276]After this, you're probably right.
    Come on NCAA. You know Ohio State had no institutional control, NONE.[/QUOTE

Seriously, how far down the rabbithole do you want the NCAA to look? Because if they start digging, they'll end up crashing your schools party, too (and by "yours", I mean ANY school)
    Fire Goodell

[QUOTE=suitanim;181325]
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    After this, you're probably right.
    Come on NCAA. You know Ohio State had no institutional control, NONE.[/QUOTE

Seriously, how far down the rabbithole do you want the NCAA to look? Because if they start digging, they'll end up crashing your schools party, too (and by "yours", I mean ANY school)
    Deep enough where they have all the facts to make the best decision and give Ohio State a punishment that is within reason and that will ultimately send a message to schools that could be doing this (and that includes my own which is Penn State).

Taking away their first bowl win over an SEC school was devastating. Obnoxious SEC fans have used that as a cudgel against Bucks fans for years. And they imposed that themselves.
    Fire Goodell

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Obviously, there is no message strong enough to ultimately deter ANY school from doing "this"... or "this" wouldn't be an issue with (insert school/s name) year after year. Untill something changes (I don't know what), "this" will continue to happen.

Oh, I'm pretty sure OSU will fly straight for a bit...at least a bit.
    Fire Goodell

At least through probation.

Yeah... for a bit.

The system is flawed. This kind of thing will continue untill some changes are made. I have no idea what changes, but I'd think letting the athletes hold a job would at least let them have access to some money... if they have time for work between practice and class, while the schools make millions of $$$ off of them while basically holding them to standards a Nun would find hard to live with.

I'm on Hilton Head island this week, solidly in SEC country. I'm sporting plenty of OSU gear, and although there is a fair contingency if fellow Bucks fans, I have heard more than one derogatory comment about the whole " 0-10'thing
    Fire Goodell