View Poll Results: Do you have confidence in Byron Leftwich?(4 games)

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 92.59%
  • No,I fear it is as bad as has Tampa Bay and Atlanta.

4 7.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have confidence in Byron Leftwich?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Do you have confidence in Byron Leftwich?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Of course. He has been the better QB in the early going OTA's and has had most or all his reps with the first string offense. It doesn't matter what he did in Tampa Bay because when he played for the Steelers when Ben went down he played a hell of a game and got rid of the ball on time.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

All he has to do is keep the ship floating until Ben gets back. A win by 1 point is still a win.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I think he'll be just fine.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Wildcat Steelers fan Array title="steelersfanman92 is an unknown quantity at this point"> steelersfanman92's Avatar

I think that in the time that he is needed he will play well, but of course he is not a long term solution. He stepped up in the past when Ben got injured and played a few strong games, most notably to me was against the Redskins. And what it comes down to is you have to trust the coachs and their evaluations of who they think gives them the best chance of winning.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

When he was with us I had confindence in him....then he left and look what happened....so as of right now its not hard to see why people could be a little ify about Lefty.

I have made it known that I think DD should get the job, but if lefty wins it then obviously hes the right one for the job and i'll back him all the way.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    When he was with us I had confindence in him....then he left and look what happened....so as of right now its not hard to see why people could be a little ify about Lefty.

I have made it known that I think DD should get the job, but if lefty wins it then obviously hes the right one for the job and i'll back him all the way.
    He will earn his starting position at camp and prove that he was the right choice. We don't need to to blow teams out or look like Peyton Manning out there getting a W is the key ugly or not.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    He will earn his starting position at camp and prove that he was the right choice. We don't need to to blow teams out or look like Peyton Manning out there getting a W is the key ugly or not.
    Yea thats kinda what im saying, If he goes into camp and earns the starting job, obviously he should be the one starting....all in all i think we will be fine
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

I wouldn't be confident in him as a fulltime starter. He's pretty much proved that he's not a starter. I for one would like to see what Dixon can do.

Lord of the Universe Array title="WindyCitySteelerFan is an unknown quantity at this point"> WindyCitySteelerFan's Avatar

Not worried ... with Dixon and Batch, I think secretly we have the best backups in the league. Its amazing how unnoticed that has gotten in the media.
    **** WindyCitySteelerFan ****

Doesn't matter where you live, you bleed black & gold the same

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

im confident that hes the best choice we have

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Yeah I do but would rather give Dixon the start and see how he does and if Leftwich needs to come in and clean up he can.. I saw a lot in Dixon during the Raven game.

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="TMC has a spectacular aura about">

In some of the early OTA reports, Leftwich and Dixon have separated themselves from Batch. I think that when Ben is cleared to return, one of two things happen, we either release Batch or we trade Leftwich. It all depends on where things are at that point.

I do have confidence in Leftwich. His season with the Bucs was bad, but no where near as bad as the other two quarterbacks that replaced him. Leftwich threw three interceptions last season. Two of those interceptions were thrown as he was getting hit. The first one, a guy was around his legs and he was falling back and tried to hit the runningback off to the right. He over threw it a little and it was picked by Donte Whitner and taken for a score. The other, he was getting hit and tried to go long, it was intercepted down the field. That was the Giant game. The final interception was also in the Bills game. He threw it, the WR went down to catch it and was rolling, the ball gets through his hands and pops up into the air off his leg. The safety coming in caught it as it came off his body.

Leftwich also threw a good number of passes that went into tight windows last season. He hit his WRs in stride. He has that big arm. The Bucs play the Power-I a lot meaning they had 2 wide receivers on the field and you can see plays where he sits and waits because no one is open. I think the Arians offense, with 3 wide receivers fits Leftwich a little better because someone will get open quicker, he makes those quick reads, and gets rid of the ball. I think we surprise a little with Leftwich.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I do.....and even more so since he lost a lot of weight after his last tour here. More importantly tho, he is confident in himself and has a great relationship with his teammates and coaches. He will do well.

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

Lefty is a lean, mean slinging machine.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I think we'll be just fine with Lefty in the driver's seat.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Yes I do, as a short term solution. I think he'll do just fine. We need to establish the run in those early games though. I don't want to see Lefty (or Dixon) throwing the ball 40 times.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I think he could surprise

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope that the media just will not make a QB controversy of whether he plays well when Roethlisberger will return!

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I think he could surprise
    I couldn't agree more....I think he will be better than most people fear.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I hope that the media just will not make a QB controversy of whether he plays well when Roethlisberger will return!
    Too late ... I've already heard some in the media debating whether Lefty should stay in if the Steelers start off 4-0. I find it silly, but they get paid to be silly.

Junior Member Array title="autzenoise is an unknown quantity at this point">

I would rather see DD play, but I believe Lefty can run the show until BB comes back.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

He's pretty much veteran and knows our play book. I think he has decent talent in reading the defense and he's fast to react. He did a good job for us the last time we needed him. As was stated in an earlier post, all he has to do is keep our head above water until Ben comes back. But, if we are 4 - 0 when Ben comes back it might make things interesting.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

to answer the question, yes i have confidence in leftwich. if he plays bad though, i have just as much confidence as batch and dixon.

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Yes. I'm pretty excited about him coming back and leading the team in Ben's absence.

Im confident with all three of our QB's in line after Ben. Lefty is the veteran who know's our playbook and proved he can win games, Dixon is young, but showed us plenty of excitement and beams of hope he can be a QB in the NFL. He can score on the run, but his accuracy is a problem, but comes with reps. Finally of course Batch who has been here for years now and knows the Steelers passing plays better than most and can do a quick clean up job if needed only his injuries are a problem due to age.

- Greg Lloyd

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

I have confidence in whoever we put behind center

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmsteelerwr15 View Post
    I have confidence in whoever we put behind center
    Week 1: Byron has hemmoraging in his testicles, goes on IR
    Week 2: Dixon re injures knee reminiscent of his college injury, goes on IR
    Week 3: Batch lifts up a cup of gatorade and breaks his wrist, goes on IR

Tyler Palko anyone?

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White
    Byron has shown time and time again that he is more then capable of running this offense when he was part of this team in 2008. I think he is capable of doing that again in 2010. If he can get this team out to a 3-1 or even a 4-0 start, I think Ben will be able to pick up right where he left off and get the team into the postseason.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

yes, i am glad he is back i still cant believe teh jags dumped him, then he left us for the bucs and they basically dumped him.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga