Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

NBA Finals

The Mavs and Heat play game 1 tonight.

Who is everyone pulling for?

I will be pulling for the Heat. I'm not one of those people that hate the Heat just because LeBron is on the team. I don't hate LeBron, don't love the guy either, but he sure is fun to watch, and so are the Heat.

My main reason for wanting the Heat to win actually has nothing to do with LBJ or the Heat. I just don't want the same people that are Cowboys fans to have any enjoyment at all. I was happy when the Rangers lost the world series last year...

Go Heat! And I hope it is a good series too.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Re: NBA Finals

I'm looking forward to the series as well and I am hoping it is competitive.

I do want to see the Heat win because of LeBron. People made such a big deal about him needing a ring to be apart of discussion for all time greats and he has put himself in the situation to get that ring.

If the Cavs had LBJ again this year and they were in the finals I'd be pulling for them. If LBJ would have for some reason went to the Minnesota Timberwolves and they made the finals I'd be pulling for them.

I just want to see a very good player get his ring.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the series as well and I am hoping it is competitive.

I do want to see the Heat win because of LeBron. People made such a big deal about him needing a ring to be apart of discussion for all time greats and he has put himself in the situation to get that ring.

If the Cavs had LBJ again this year and they were in the finals I'd be pulling for them. If LBJ would have for some reason went to the Minnesota Timberwolves and they made the finals I'd be pulling for them.

I just want to see a very good player get his ring.

I think its funny that everyone is talking about how LeBron "needs" this ring RIGHT NOW, but in all actuality 2 great Mavericks really "need" this ring more than LBJ does. Dirk and Jason Kidd are 2 of the greatest players to ever play this game and they are both a lot older than LBJ, but all everyone is talking about is LeBron getting a ring.

I hope the Heat win too, but I don't understand everyone's justification for why they want the Heat to win being so LBJ can get a ring because he needs it. Because really Dirk and Kidd need it more. This could be their last chance. LeBron will have A LOT more chances. In fact, it would be a miracle if he doesn't win one....

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm a fan of LeBron James since 2003 and I hope that the Heat will win!....Dirk makes me very scared, but I am confident that LeBron and Wade will be dominant!

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I think its funny that everyone is talking about how LeBron "needs" this ring RIGHT NOW, but in all actuality 2 great Mavericks really "need" this ring more than LBJ does. Dirk and Jason Kidd are 2 of the greatest players to ever play this game and they are both a lot older than LBJ, but all everyone is talking about is LeBron getting a ring.

I hope the Heat win too, but I don't understand everyone's justification for why they want the Heat to win being so LBJ can get a ring because he needs it. Because really Dirk and Kidd need it more. This could be their last chance. LeBron will have A LOT more chances. In fact, it would be a miracle if he doesn't win one....
    That is true. This may be Dirk and Jasons last chance to get a ring so they are in more of a now or never situation. I would like to see James get it this year but like you said he will more than likely have more chances to get it. This is the first year of the heats big 3 and they made to the finals. They will only get better playing together the longer they do IMO.

Maybe people will think I am crazy for saying this but Dirk is just as good as Larry Bird talent wise IMO. However he will never be said to be better if he doesn't win a ring (regardless of if he is actually better or not)...He is comparable to Bird in many ways, and actually I will be surprised if we see another player close to Dirk anytime soon. He is basically in a class of his own as far as being a 7 foot athletic 3 point shooter...lol.

If the Heat lose, I will not mind that fact that it was Dirk and Kidd that got their rings at all.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I'm not sure how the Mavs can stop all those weapons the Heat have. They DO have momentum on their side, though, since Miami looks like they have all year, and Dallas is really surging. I expect Nowitzki is going to have to score 35 a night if the Mavs want to pull this off.
    Fire Goodell

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

To be honest, couldn't care less. Just can't get enthused about basketball anymore. Sports in general and basketball specifically just seem to be falling off the table for me. Steelers are my last real team that I follow, and Goodell is doing his damn best to destroy that as well.

I don't think there has ever been a player like Dirk. Bird is an okay comparison, but Dirk is a 7-0 PF and Bird was a 6-9 SF. The way Dirk does what he does at 7-0 is kinda crazy....

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Im all for lebron!

I don't think there has ever been a player like Dirk. Bird is an okay comparison, but Dirk is a 7-0 PF and Bird was a 6-9 SF. The way Dirk does what he does at 7-0 is kinda crazy....
    Yeah, i've heard the comparison before so that is why i made it.

The shots that he makes all off balance off one leg and falling back is amazing in itself!! on top of the fact that he is a 7 footer!! lol Its crazy

Well this has been a horrible game to watch so far. Hopefully the action heats up in the 2nd

Just saw Julius fucking Peppers sitting courtside...

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Agree. Pulling for the mavs here. I wanna see Kidd with a ring

Nothing against LeBron. The man will earn his ring(s) one day soon
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

That wasn't a thrilling game at all, but I am glad to see the Heat take game one. I hope the entire series isn't this boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    That wasn't a thrilling game at all, but I am glad to see the Heat take game one. I hope the entire series isn't this boring.
    Yep.

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't watch too much NBA, with the Stanley Cup this time of year. However, definitely rooting for Dirk and Jason to get a ring. I think what I saw tonight has convinced me that won't happen this year. It will be Miami in 6.

The defense of the heat is unbelievable since the beginning of the playoffs.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Hate to hear that Dirk has an injured finger. The hatah's will use that as an excuse to tarnish James first ring...which is ironic, since LBJ had some injuries himself in the last NBA finals the Cavs played in.
    Fire Goodell

I hate to hear it too for the same reason, but no matter what people who hate him would tarnish his first ring. I'm planning on it happening should they win no matter what.

Wow Mavs are now up 3 with 26 seconds left. Two horrible 3s with shot clock running down each time for LBJ, then a rushed 3 with 30 some seconds remaining by wade..POOR shot selection

As I type this Chalmers just nailed a 3 to tie it...this is awesome!

Heat thought the game was over.... simple as that.

I just can't believe that in a game so important that players, especially Wade and LeBron, would think the game was over and relax....

They paid for it.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Spoelstra has to draw up something better than a couple despiration three pointers at the end of the game. He got outcoached.

There's no way Dallas pulls this rabbit out of their hat (Even though, unlike James' Cavs, Kidd, Butler and Terry are all valuable assets that help Nowitzki every night). The Heat are just too strong. But it was nice to see this wasn't a sweep. I think Dallas may even win 1 or 2 at home and make it REALLY interesting.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah I'm pulling for the Mav and, just for Dirk & Kidd. In game two the heat forgot to play 48 minutes much like steeler football is 60 minutes. You have to finish and. the mavs have shown they can comeback from wayback. It still boggles my mind that the heat did not foul in that situation. I just hope for a good series and, I'm sure Lebron will win a few titles. I just hope it is not this year.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    There's no way Dallas pulls this rabbit out of their hat (Even though, unlike James' Cavs, Kidd, Butler and Terry are all valuable assets that help Nowitzki every night). The Heat are just too strong. But it was nice to see this wasn't a sweep. I think Dallas may even win 1 or 2 at home and make it REALLY interesting.
    I am hoping the Heat are thinking the same thing. The Mavs can't beat them, even thought they did all year.

AML

I think the Mavs winning just made the Heat angry. The Mavericks won't like it when they're angry...
    Fire Goodell

That block by D Wade on Chandler was SICK...

I think the Mavericks talked to a certain Steelers Quarterback about how come back in the 4th quarter and win...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I think the Mavericks talked to a certain Steelers Quarterback about how come back in the 4th quarter and win...
    Idk. They both threw up enough bricks down the stretch. Macs played good d but didnt rebound well or hit open looks. Ugly win