Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: NBA Finals

An ugly win is much better than an ugly loss. 2-2 with one game left in Dallas.

AML

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

At this point if the heat win the series, wade is the mvp and lbj rode his coat tails to a championship.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    At this point if the heat win the series, wade is the mvp and lbj rode his coat tails to a championship.
    Still lots of series left for him to prove he is the team leader like Jordan and not the wingman like Pippen.

Only 1 basketball to go around and he was just being a team player last night by scoring 8 points.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Still lots of series left for him to prove he is the team leader like Jordan and not the wingman like Pippen.

Only 1 basketball to go around and he was just being a team player last night by scoring 8 points.
    This is true.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I had a feeling that the Mavs would make this interesting...but I also think the Heat are going to slaughter them tonight.
    Fire Goodell

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I hope Wade had a talk with LeBron yesterday or today.... LeBron's play in the finals, especially in the 4th when it matters, just ain't cutting it...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Lebron is shitting the bed in these Finals. Came up small in the Fourth Quarter again last night. If Wade hadn't been epic, this series would've been long over.

Yeah, he's certainly better than Jordan.
    Last edited by Edman; 06-12-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

LaChoke !

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

You know the bar is set VEEERRRRRY high when triple double is now considered a choke.
    Fire Goodell

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    You know the bar is set VEEERRRRRY high when triple double is now considered a choke.
    Yep . Next time dont fall asleep in the 4th quarter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

The old triple double choke huh? I thought Lebron played a good game, but when dallas is shooting the ball like that they are tough too beat. The problem is that mike biiby is liabilty on defense and chalmers cant handle the rock, forcing lebron to run the point so as soon as hes crossing half court hes getting doubled forcing him to pass. As far as wade is concerned, he is benifiting from the lebron double team. Wade may be playing good this series but if not for lebron in the first 2 series they might not even be here. Did anyone else watch Dwade in the chicago series he was awful!!!

Not the old "stats" argument again. Almost thought I watching an old cavs game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Yep . Next time dont fall asleep in the 4th quarter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again
    He scored 2 points and had 4 assists in the 4th quarter. LBJ already had his 15 points and needed those 4 assists to get his triple double. He wasnt sleeping, he was just making sure he had his triple double to quiet the naysayers.

Greatest of all time!! Clutch Player!! Scottie Pippen says...

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

If you gave LBJ a dollar and asked for change he would only give you 3 quarters, the 4th quarter would be missing....

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Stat wise and overall LBJ didnt play bad. He had a triple double! But he does need to step up and hit some big shots down the stretch. He has a lot of pressure on him right now and he has to learn to deal with it and play ball. I'm not ready to label him a choke artist or anything like that because he hasn't hit every clutch shot he has taken. LBJ is a HUGE reason they are even in the finals and I WILL NOT place all the blame on him for losing 2 games in a row like that.

A big complaint I have is the Heats defense as a whole. It needs to improve in my opinion.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Ok LeBron. Time to take over and show everyone you can be clutch. Win or face a year of ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Stat wise and overall LBJ didnt play bad. He had a triple double! But he does need to step up and hit some big shots down the stretch. He has a lot of pressure on him right now and he has to learn to deal with it and play ball. I'm not ready to label him a choke artist or anything like that because he hasn't hit every clutch shot he has taken. LBJ is a HUGE reason they are even in the finals and I WILL NOT place all the blame on him for losing 2 games in a row like that.

A big complaint I have is the Heats defense as a whole. It needs to improve in my opinion.
    No, Lebron shouldn't get the blame for the Heat losing, but maybe it's about time we come to grips with the idea that's it's premature to call him the greatest. Lebron's a great player, but it's premature to call him the next Jordan when he's been underwhelming in his second Finals appearance. Like I said, Wade has been giving his all and will probably be named his second MVP if the Heat win it.

If Lebron is the next Jordan, he steps up his game and doesn't stop playing after thirty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    No, Lebron shouldn't get the blame for the Heat losing, but maybe it's about time we come to grips with the idea that's it's premature to call him the greatest. Lebron's a great player, but it's premature to call him the next Jordan when he's been underwhelming in his second Finals appearance. Like I said, Wade has been giving his all and will probably be named his second MVP if the Heat win it.

If Lebron is the next Jordan, he steps up his game and doesn't stop playing after thirty minutes.
    Yeah I agree. I have never called LeBron the next Jordan or tried to say he is better then Jordan. I think Jordan is the greatest player ever so you may never hear me say LBJ is greater then Jordan..even if for some reason he gets remotely close to that level.

Game 7 Mavs up by 12 so far.

It's the fourth quarter, and time is running out. The Heat better wake up and soon.

This game is over. LeBron went missing long before the 4th quarter...(mainly because he just got in)

Wade just dribbled the ball right off his foot...WTF?? These guys are falling apart BIG TIME.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

The Heat looked flat footed at the end, but this has been a very good championship. The Mavs have won this simply by out playing the heat when they needed to. Congratulations Mavs. Wish I was home to party with you.

AML

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

I'm glad Kidd will finally be able to see that ring
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

I wonder what LBJ's excuse will be now that he can't blame the low level of talent in his teammates?

Miami could have won if they made their free throws, that was awful FT shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I wonder what LBJ's excuse will be now that he can't blame the low level of talent in his teammates?

Miami could have won if they made their free throws, that was awful FT shooting...

Then Dirk would just make his open shots, and cancel out the FTs.

AML

Ugh that was ugly. Now comes the longest summer of Lebron James life.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Then Dirk would just make his open shots, and cancel out the FTs.
    Yep that could have let the Mavs win by 25.

Can't look at "ifs"

Was hoping for the Heat to win, but now I'm glad the Mavs did. IDK this was a strange finals for me...

I just think this was a very good series, by the two best teams. Both teams played very well at times and not so well at others. I'm glad Dallas won, but the Heat would have made a very good champion if it had fallen that way. Congratulations to the Heat for a good year, as for the Mavs,,,,, rip up the town guys, just leave my house intact.

AML

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Congrats to the Mavs for winning and getting their first NBA title in team history. Dirk deserves to be MVP and this is just another building block into a HOF career.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Heh, there is justice in the world. They start out the year acting like they already had the championship wrapped up, then finish by getting their asses handed to them on their own floor. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of guys.