Thread: 1991 Stanley Cup Champions - 20th Anniversary

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

1991 Stanley Cup Champions - 20th Anniversary

1991 Stanley Cup Champions - 20th Anniversary

Wednesday, 05.25.2011 / 9:00 AM / Features
    Pittsburgh Penguins

On May 25, 1991 the Penguins defeated the Minnesota North Stars 8-0 to capture the first Stanley Cup championship in team history. On the 20th anniversary of the milestone achievement, we take a look back at the team's exciting playoff run and Stanley Cup Final battle with Minnesota.

more: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...fb-pghpenguins

(I posted this outside the Pens' Tidbits forum because I didn't want it to get lost in there... although now that I think about it, it is a slow time in there. Sorry if I should have posted it in there.)

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Re: 1991 Stanley Cup Champions - 20th Anniversary

That's OK, it can stay here!

What a run that was. It's memorable for me because I actually left my late uncle's wedding reception so that I wouldn't miss a game during the Wales Conference Final, and that I skipped school so that I could go to the rally after they won it. I didn't tell my Mom about that for years because I knew she would have killed me if she found out I did that. It was so much fun, I did it again in 92!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

This is really cool! Even though I wasn't even a year old, it's still cool to look back at the history of the Pens!

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I was but a wee lad of 2 when this happened. I'm glad I got to see them win one recently though!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I was but a wee lad of 2 when this happened. I'm glad I got to see them win one recently though!
    I know and hopefully we'll see more!