Thread: Browns stadium

Senior Member Array title="mark0933 is on a distinguished road">
    Bully Basher Champion!

Browns stadium

OK folks, trying over my life to see a Steeler game in every stadium, have ticked off Tennessee, Cinci, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Detroit so far (all closest to home)...

Up until now my wife and I have gone together, but now my son is 5 and I think he is old enough to go.

We've decided on maybe the Jan 2 game against the Browns in Cleveland as our choice this year (realizing it is the last game of the year so may mean nothing for anyone and starters may not play)

Question is this - for your kid's first game, would you choose row 25 on the 30 yard line (lower lvl) or row 2 middle of the end zone (not the dawg pound zone, but other end) IN CLEVELAND!!!! He will be in full steeler gear, but don't want him hassled too much (he is just a kid)

If anyone wants to look it up, we are talking about section 146 or 147.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mark

PS - just so you know I and my wife are committed fans, the Cinci game she was 7 months pregnant and here is an early pic of our son in the NICU

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Browns stadium

Cool picture and welcome to SU. Sorry I can't help you with the game. I have a hard time hating Cleveland any more cause they suck so bad. That's not to say if they improve my hate level won't rise.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

No doubt, take the sideline seats 25 rows back. In the lower level, higher is better so you can see the entire field. In the upper level lower is better.
    Those endzone, row 2 seats will be some of the worst seats in the house to see the game. Now for a 5 year old being close to the players might be cool, but for watching the game go with the others.

Bully Basher Champion!

That is exactly my dilema, do we go for up close for some of time (and not see much for some of it) or do we go for seeing all of it (but none up close) all of the time.

We've been on the corner of the stadium in Pittsburgh and seeing the other end was a stretch but we were at the top of the lower bowl, so site lines were different to being at field level...

For a 5 year old that doesn't fully grasp the back and forth of the game, I'm leaning to the sometimes up close...but tell me what you all think

Also, worried a bit about "ignorant browns fans" - you think the endzone would be worse than mid stadium, and if so, how bad would they treat a 5 year old?

Why not? Array title="Prouncey53 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prouncey53's Avatar

They may be Browns fans, but they should have enough respect to lay off on messing with a 5 year old. You may get a few sarcastic comments or something but I really don't think they'll be saying anything to him unless you get some serious d-bag sitting near you.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Nothing says Football like sitting inside a stadium in Cleveland in the month of January , lol .

But then again , you will be watching the Steelers !!!!!

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Nothing says Football like sitting inside a stadium in Cleveland in the month of January , lol .

But then again , you will be watching the Steelers !!!!!
    thats what i was thinking ... might be a bit chilly for the little guy.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

The endzone seats will be cheaper, and by January, when the Browns have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for two months already, the fans will literally be giving those seats any to any dirt-ball meth-head who'll take them. The endzone fans in Cleveland are ALWAYS the worst (even not in the "Dog Pound").

Take the seats on the 30. The fans will be a bit higher caliber, and you'll see the game better. As for the cold, well, I was at the debacle last December and it was COLD!!!!! Probably minus 10 when you factor in the freezing wind whipping off the lake. It's too cold for a kid if it's like that.
    Fire Goodell

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    The endzone seats will be cheaper, and by January, when the Browns have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs for two months already, the fans will literally be giving those seats any to any dirt-ball meth-head who'll take them. The endzone fans in Cleveland are ALWAYS the worst (even not in the "Dog Pound").

Take the seats on the 30. The fans will be a bit higher caliber, and you'll see the game better. As for the cold, well, I was at the debacle last December and it was COLD!!!!! Probably minus 10 when you factor in the freezing wind whipping off the lake. It's too cold for a kid if it's like that.
    Oh didn't you read the article posted yesterday. The Browns are going to reach their ultimate goal and be a .500 team. - just wanted to finally use that.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

This is scheduled to be a day game so it shouldn't be too cold for the kid. I'd go sideline seats. More drunken idiots in the endzone. Plus I sat 3 rows from the field in the endzone at Heinz and it was the worst view I've ever had at a game. Watched the whole game on the Jumbotron as you couldn't see any action once play was past the 30 yard line in our endzone.

Senior Member Array title="Stlrs4Life is an unknown quantity at this point"> Stlrs4Life's Avatar

What suit said. Take the 30 yd line seats.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I'd be a Professional Football Player, and you Damn well better believe, I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    This is scheduled to be a day game so it shouldn't be too cold for the kid. .
    oops...my bad... i forgot it only gets cold at night ..

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

What happened to the little fellas face?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

It's not like there will be many fans around you anyway...
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    It's not like there will be many fans around you anyway...
    To be fair, Cleveland has one of the most loyal fanbases in the NFL. Especially considerig how bad they've been for the past decade.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Well, that may be so, but the stadium was half empty for the last game I was at.

Also, while that was the coldest game I'd ever been too, the two next coldest games (and I mean maybe 3 degrees warmer) were day games. Both were in Cleveland. Right on the lake there, if the wind is whipping around, it really doesn't make much difference day or night...
    Fire Goodell

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Agreed. I've been to many games in Cleveland and I won't be going to anymore after November. That is one cold place in the Winter!

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

Um, I wouldn't take your son. When Browns fans get drunk, and most of them do, they will call your son everything in the book and then some.

Also, it's going to be colder than cold. Day, night....doesn't matter. It's going to be in the single digits and below that when factoring in the wind chill. And the wind just whips off of Lake Erie.

If you do take your son, avoid the Muni Parking Lot on the South Marginal Road. That's where the tailgating happens, starting at 6 am for some people. That's the lot where anyone with PA license plates got their tires slashed years ago.....and in 2006 a guy whipped out his you-know and told me to bend over. So yeah, you might not want your son around that.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

I've been to a Steelers game or two in Cleveland...I sat in the upper endzone seats and still thought they were very good and could see all the action/etc. As far as the fans...you'll run into a little teasing probably...but thats natural. I've never had anything get too nasty/etc...just stuff in good fun...so i think you'll be fine as far as that is concerned. The seats...i always say if you have the money now to buy better seats...go for it...because in the coming years you may not have the funds to splurge on lowers or something. You should still be able to see the field/game ok even being low. Also they do have like a family section thing i think in the uppers...where they i think dont allow alcohol/nasty behavior/etc...so that could be an option too if you too concerned with stuff like that. You'll be fine either way...all teams have their asshole fans...thats common knowledge...but most are respectable and just hassle ya a bit.

Bully Basher Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    What happened to the little fellas face?
    Very long story, condensed version - my wife had a normal pregnancy, started labor, baby heart rate plummeted, they did emergency C section, there was a knot in the umbilical cord, he was DOA, but resuscitated, they broke his nose resuscitating him.

Here he is a bit older:

And another, - only lasting effects he has is a minor hearing loss...

Junior Member Array title="JoeCactus is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeCactus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark0933 View Post
    OK folks, trying over my life to see a Steeler game in every stadium, have ticked off Tennessee, Cinci, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Detroit so far (all closest to home)...

Up until now my wife and I have gone together, but now my son is 5 and I think he is old enough to go.

We've decided on maybe the Jan 2 game against the Browns in Cleveland as our choice this year (realizing it is the last game of the year so may mean nothing for anyone and starters may not play)

Question is this - for your kid's first game, would you choose row 25 on the 30 yard line (lower lvl) or row 2 middle of the end zone (not the dawg pound zone, but other end) IN CLEVELAND!!!! He will be in full steeler gear, but don't want him hassled too much (he is just a kid)

If anyone wants to look it up, we are talking about section 146 or 147.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mark

PS - just so you know I and my wife are committed fans, the Cinci game she was 7 months pregnant and here is an early pic of our son in the NICU

I have two tix section 349 end zone low corner upper deck best seats for the money in the stadium......send a PM if you are interested

One last piece of advice: Either go all out with the Steelers gear, or don't wear anything. I went to a Browns/Oilers game (yeah, I know...dating myself) and didn't wear anything of any team since I was just there as a last second thing to watch some football. I caught MORE Hell from people overhearing me talk about the Steelers than I ever did by just straight-up representing. Plus, if you lose anything (I had a Steelers ball cap hat blow off my head from the INSANE 900MPH winds off Erie straight back into a huge group of Browns fans on the way in last year...never to be seen again, that hat I'm afraid), if you are totally packed with Steelers gear, you'll be fine (The baseball hat was on OVER a Steelers skullcap....and I had a hood on my Steelers Starter jacket...so it was all good).
    Fire Goodell

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Is it just me or a five year old is still quite too young? My seven year old boy is a Steelers fan but he CANNOT sit for the entire game without whining and asking if the game is almost over yet. I would wait till he's around ten or even eleven- but FIVE???
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!