Thread: Troy Polamalu’s Student of the Year

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Troy Polamalu’s Student of the Year

Hey all,

I’m thrilled to announce that on this cool, sunny Friday morning I donned a cap and gown, walked across the stage in thebeautiful Alumni Park at University of Southern California, and was handed my diploma. I’m officially a USC graduate! While I feel excited and fulfilled, that’s not really what I want to focus on in this message — I want to talk about the reason behind my decision to go back and finish what I started.

The majority of top picks in the NFL get drafted before they complete their college education. I truly love football and it’s such an immense blessing and privilege as an athlete to be given the rare opportunity to use those talents at the highest professional level, but it’s certainly not a replacement for an education. So I decided to finish what I started and walked that stage today not only because it was very important to me personally, but because I want to emphasize the importance of education, and that nothing should supersede it.

So, I’d like to give back in a small way by recognizing a few truly outstanding students out there by sending them a signed jersey, but I need you to tell me who they are. Nominate a student of yours for a Student of the Year Award coming from me.........

Read more @ http://troy43.com/2011/05/13/troy-po...of-the-year-2/

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Re: Troy Polamalu’s Student of the Year

this guy is just guy incredible

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Congratulations to Troy - - - he won't have to resort to selling insurance when he retires!!!!

Seriously, so many players don't finish their educations and this is quite an accomplishment.....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

He got his degree in Polamolecular science.
    Last edited by stillers4me; 05-13-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ah, sorry for posting a 2nd thread. Didn't see this one.

Troy is a phenomenal athlete and person. Congrats!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congrats Troy!

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Class through and through. Way to go Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    He got his degree in Polamolecular science.
    Get it?..."Polamolecules, dude".