Thread: Names to watch.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Names to watch.

There are 5 name on my short list that I want to keep an eye on this coming year.

Jason Pinkston- OT- Pitt. 6'4", 305. Most likely can start at RT and move to LT.

Lee Ziemba- OT- Auburn. 6'8" 320. Watched him a few times last year and think he is worth watch this year. Again I think could be a future LT

Pas-I Dowling- CB Virginia. 6'2" 200. Could be a terrific CB, Most likely will be gone early.

Jerrell Powe- DT-Miss. 6'2" 330. Now does that sound like a Steelers NT. Again likely will climb out of our reach.

Jarvis Jenkins-DT- Clemson. 6'4" 310. Could also be a possible future NT.

I will also give you a dark horse.

Christian Ballard- DE- Iowa. 6'5" 297. Clayborn will get most of the attention, but watch Ballard if you get a chance. A very talented D-Lineman. that can stuff the run and get after the QB. I think he could climb into the 3rd round.

AML

Banned Array title="kielbasasteeler is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Names to watch.

I love Rahim Moore. 10 interceptions, great in the run game.

I know I loved Earl Thomas but someone like Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams are better suited to our system as FS.

Btw don't you mean Ras - I Dowling?

This defensive backs class is deep if all projected go into the draft and not return for their senior years. There could be something close to 8 going in the first round as great talent.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kielbasasteeler View Post
    I love Rahim Moore. 10 interceptions, great in the run game.

I know I loved Earl Thomas but someone like Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams are better suited to our system as FS.

Btw don't you mean Ras - I Dowling?

This defensive backs class is deep if all projected go into the draft and not return for their senior years. There could be something close to 8 going in the first round as great talent.

Yes sir I did. Got a D in typing in High School.

Don't even think about it MOP.

AML

I also like Ras I Dowling but right now no matter how bad our secondary cb's are we are stacked...

unless they plan letting taylor, gay going when their contracts are up.

But i also like Bruce Carter North Carolina, Marvin Austin Defensive tackle (more of a 4-3 though). Also DE Alan Bailey from the U.

As long as we don't go offensive line again i don't care but judging but depth and age we should go DE or S.
    Last edited by kielbasasteeler; 06-26-2010 at 02:39 PM.

I think that if we get a shot at someone of that quality we might just take him. It probably will have a lot to do with how the young guys do.

Right now I agree that we could go DE very early.

AML

Heck we might even have a shot at cameron hayward although he is more of a 4-3 i think....

This draft is so good, i would try and get 2 picks, i dont understand why we gave holmes away so easily.... maybe he doesnt resign with the jets and comes back to us LMAO...

... I think we will end up with the 14th overall pick, if we can get maybe rahim more or allen bailey then that's already a great draft, if someone falls then i would trade up i dont care throw in a 2nd rounder for one of them because this is another solid 1st round draft picks, 2nd round isn't quite as good like this past drafts but i would try get back into the 1st round.

I just wish we were abit more aggressive in the first round.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Rodney Hudson/G Florida St

Only watched him once or twice last year but was blown away by what I saw. Kemo at LG, Pouncey at C, and Hudson at RG. Would be pretty sweet.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue kid has a non-stop motor had 13 sacks & 18 TFL last year

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

heres some rankings

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

I like Greg Romeus but were going to have to have a bad year to get him.