Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mocks

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

2012 Mocks

I know there is a 2012 thread already...but what I'm going to try to do with this one...is every so often add names to the list throughout the year that various mocks have the Steelers taking. I'm using the Mock Database (that links to various mocks) from walterfootball.com for now.

Most sites either are going by this years draft order...or having the Steelers pick 27th-32nd. If any site has them picking higher than that I will post it next to the pick. Also of course its not guaranteed that all of these guys will enter the draft (if they are underclassmen).

All these mocks are from AFTER the 2011 NFL Draft and up until 5-8-11

Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia 1st (2 sites have Chase listed) / Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama 2nd (walts)

Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (2 sites)

T.J. McDonald, FS, USC

Desmond Trufant, Washington, CB

Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri 22nd (2 sites)

Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College

Vontaze Burflict, MLB, Arizona State OR Bobbie Massie, OT, Ole Miss - 1st rd - 18th // Matt Reynolds, LT, BYU - 2nd rd
    (look at some of the stupid reasons they have them picking this high - http://www.mockdraftmania.com/201105...draft-2-rounds )

Shaun Prater, CB/S, Iowa

More will be added later.
    Last edited by 7willBheaven; 05-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Re: 2012 Mocks

Now I dont know much about any of these...the only name I recognize is Michael Floyd. It would be great to get some input on the rest of them from some that may know more about them now. Thanks

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Now I dont know much about any of these...the only name I recognize is Michael Floyd. It would be great to get some input on the rest of them from some that may know more about them now. Thanks
    All off the top of my head so I may be off on a few of these.......

Chase Minnifield played on the other side of Ras I Dowling. He is a 5'10 CB. He may not fit the steeler CB system due to his measurables???

I think Desmond Trufant is a relative of Marcus Trufant. (without looking it up I am not sure if they are brothers.....NFL bloodlines)

Kerry Murphy is all world talent who needs to be on the field more, but may not be a true NT for the steelers. More a DE and we are loaded there. The other bama DT might be a better prospect for us ( see 2012 thread.....forgotten his name)

Matt Reynolds will be around 25. He has 3-4 brothers and relatives with O line experience in the NFL. Dad is a coach at BYU. He wont be a superstar but will be a solid pro for years.

Burfict is an interesting one to me. He is projected as a superstar. He plays quick from sideline to sideline and violent and will probably be out of our range in the draft.
    He has a bit of Ray Lewis to him, and yes that means he is a bit of a pile jumper

Ask tex about Prater. He will know a fair bit about him.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Trufant isn't the only guy with NFL bloodline. Chase Minnefield does have NFL bloodline. His dad used to be a CB for the Browns for a few years back in the day. He was pretty good.

That being said...if the draft shapes up the way the guy does on mockdraftmania (where the Steelers are not in the playoffs)...I like what he's done with the Browns picks. I'd be happy with that trio in the first round.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Prater is a very intelligent player, that knows his job and has been well coached. He has descent straight ahead speed for a CB, 4.48, and probably needs another 10 lb on his frame, 5'11" 180lb. He has a good back pedal, and can change directions quickly. He is a very good tackling CB with 65 and pretty good hands with 4 ints. (2nd on the team) If you watch him play you will notice that he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He is a disciplined player that will not often get sucked out of position. I think he is made for Dick's defense.

I would love for us to latch onto him. Right now, probably in the 3rd possibly 2nd round, depending on where we pick.

AML

heres some more...

Kelechi Osemele OT/G....not sure what school/etc he goes to but yeah

Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    heres some more...

Kelechi Osemele OT/G....not sure what school/etc he goes to but yeah

Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
    Osemele go's to Iowa St. and is likely the best OG in next years draft.

AML

1st Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma / 2nd LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

Courtney Upshaw, ILB, Alabama

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_2.php (round 2)

Pittsburgh Steelers: Kerry Murphy, NT, Alabama
    As Emmitt would say, "Casey Hamptons is gettin' long in the mouth." Kerry Murphy would be a quite a bargain at the end of Round 2, and he would project as a solid successor for Hampton.
    Thought that was pretty funny actually.

Sports Illustrated has this:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    The 330-pound, four-year starter will be Casey Hampton's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by GitNoLuv View Post
    Sports Illustrated has this:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    The 330-pound, four-year starter will be Casey Hampton's replacement.
    Thanks for helping out with this....I hope to keep it going with however many names people mock to the Steelers...and maybe look back and see the earliest a certain player WAS mocked to the Steelers that they drafted. I dont care as much as what site/who predicted the picks but just curious to see how many different players get mocked to the Steelers and around what time did people start picking the correct guy.

As far as the Walterfootball.com clip you posted...yeah he always makes fun of Emmit and Al Davis...hahah.

This big boy Ta'amu you mentioned could be interesting...and add another unusual last name to the team hahah

Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

1st - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State / 2nd - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington (walts)

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia (3rd time I've seen him)

1st - Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU / 2nd - Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington (this one is from http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ft-version-2-1 a Steelers site)

Member Array title="taztroy43 is an unknown quantity at this point">

What about Monte Te'o ILB N. Dame...this guy is going to compete with Burflict as the best ILB...possibly LB in the 2012 draft....this guy is a very athletic MLB he's 6'2" 250 right now supposidly and he runs in the 4.5/4.6 range...the dude is Samoan and he can probably be the next Farrior in our system...but I understand that we have two guys in our roster with Timmons and Sylvester....

I like...

OG David DeCastro.... Stanford...6'5 310lbs...If DeCastro comes out next year he should be rated a first round talent and the 2nd best Guard int he draft after Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.
    DT Alameda Ta'amu....Washington...6'3 330lbs ....Not ranked this high yet...but has the ability to climb draft charts as a late 2nd early third round choice.
    WR TY Hilton...Florida International...5'10 183lbs...2010 sun belt player of the year... runs a 4.44..he is already FIU all time leader in all purpose yards.
    FS Eddie Whitley..Virginia Tech...6'1 190lbs...can play all four of the defensive back slots and is a high character team-player.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I like the part about us drafting 32nd.

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I like...

OG David DeCastro.... Stanford...6'5 310lbs...If DeCastro comes out next year he should be rated a first round talent and the 2nd best Guard int he draft after Kelechi Osemele of Iowa State.
    DT Alameda Ta'amu....Washington...6'3 330lbs ....Not ranked this high yet...but has the ability to climb draft charts as a late 2nd early third round choice.
    WR TY Hilton...Florida International...5'10 183lbs...2010 sun belt player of the year... runs a 4.44..he is already FIU all time leader in all purpose yards.
    FS Eddie Whitley..Virginia Tech...6'1 190lbs...can play all four of the defensive back slots and is a high character team-player.
    Great list buddy. I agree that Ta'amu seems to fit our system better than the other NTs and I am hoping that he doesn't climb past us in the 2nd round. There does seem to be three rated ahead of him right now so I guess we will see.

I think next years draft will depend a lot on the underclassmen. I guess you could say that every year, but next year particularly with the LBers. I think the NTs could be much better than this years. The O-line may not be as deep, but might be a little better at the top, but the LBer need an influx of the underclassmen. IMO. I still think that if the top 4 ILB come out, this very well may be where get our 1st round will be spent.

Florida International always seems to have a WR of interest, don't they.

AML

1st - Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State / 2nd - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (walts)

Not that it matters...I havent been updating this in ages...but I figured I would...for those who care/etc, hahah.

11-3-11

Walts:

1st - 31st: Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    2nd - 62nd: Pittsburgh Steelers: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    3rd - 94th: Pittsburgh Steelers: Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

I liked some of Walt's previous ones over the last couple weeks better than this...plus I dont know much about the last 2 guys.

Charlie Campbell (on Walterfootball.com):

1st - 31st: Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    2nd - 62nd: Pittsburgh Steelers: Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
    3rd - 94th: Pittsburgh Steelers: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

I hate the last 2 pick in this one...at least the position and round...there needs to be an OL in there (esp OG).

11-10-11 - Walt's

1st- 30th: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    2nd- 62nd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    3rd- 93rd: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Would rather have an OG instead of OT. I know nothing about Banks either.

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Walterfootball - Charlie Campbell mock

1. 25 Ta'amu NT
    2. 57 Reynolds OT
    3. 88 LaMichael James RB

I am a Reynolds fan, but not in the 2nd.

LaMichael James would see the offense turn into a high octane unit full of lightning speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Walterfootball - Charlie Campbell mock

1. 25 Ta'amu NT
    2. 57 Reynolds OT
    3. 88 LaMichael James RB

I am a Reynolds fan, but not in the 2nd.

LaMichael James would see the offense turn into a high octane unit full of lightning speed.

At 25 we would have a shot at Peter Konz, I know you would like that and so would I.

Ta'amu is slipping bad like and now may give us a real shot at one of 3 NT in the 2nd round. Ta'amu of Washington, Chapman of Alabama, and the Jr. Sylvester Williams of North Carolina.

At pick 88 I could see us going in several directions, but LaMichael James is not one of them. This is where your boy Reynold, or my boy Bergstrom may end up. Want a CB? Shaun Prater, and the two Jr.s Cliff Harris, and Josh Robinson could fall into this area.

AML

Just playing from current nfldraftscout rankings

1.25 Donta Hightower ILB
    2.57 Alameda Ta'amu NT
    3.89 Kevin Zeitler OG
    4. 121 Matt Reynolds OT
    5.153 Eddie Whitely FS
    6.185 Frank Alexander OLB
    7. 217 Josh Chitchester TE

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Just playing from current nfldraftscout rankings

1.25 Donta Hightower ILB
    2.57 Alameda Ta'amu NT
    3.89 Kevin Zeitler OG
    4. 121 Matt Reynolds OT
    5.153 Eddie Whitely FS
    6.185 Frank Alexander OLB
    7. 217 Josh Chitchester TE
    Replace Frank Alexander with Patrick Witt, QB from Yale, and I could go for this one.

AML

11-17-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    2nd- 63rd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    3rd- 94th: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Not much changed in this one...only the 1st rounder.

1st round: NT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State, 6'3 310- I absolutely love this kid. Vocal...smart...defensive playcaller...great work ethic and high energy player. This is the year that we finally bring youth to the NT position.

2nd round: OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State, 6'5 322-The first thing that sticks out with Adcock is that he has very good knee bend and a pretty good kick slide. Good initial punch. Seems to steer defenders instead of overpowering them but rarely lets the defender into the backfield.

3rd round: OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, 6'4 318- Already a site favorite. Strong LG prospect who shows good athleticism and understands leverage. if a line coach can teach him to keep his head up and work on his initial step...he could be an elite prospect.

4th round: ILB James-Michael Johnson, Nevada, 6'1 240- The best player on the Wolfpack team....opponants game planned around him and he will still walk away from college with 36.5 TFL. Tenacious player who will bring youth to the ILB corps when Farrior and Foote step aside.

5th round: FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech, 6'0 200- Great character kid with good instincts. Can play anywhere in the defensive backfield. A steal in the fifth round.

6th round: QB Patrick Witt, Yale, 6'3 220- Has a career pass completion rate of over 60%. Much like Locker last year in that his numbers (especially his interception numbers) need to be looked at in light of the players that surrounded him. Had a 109.59 effeciency rating in 2010.

7th round: OG Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio), 6'4 343- Big RG prospect who has been hampered since spring with injuries. Now healthy and has the ability to dominate. Good gamble for a 7th round prospect.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

I love this draft Perry. It would strengthen both lines and give us an ILB that would help to take the sting out of an aging LBing corp. I also like the back half of the draft. I Could see this entire draft making the team and being a productive part of it. Now we just have to sit and watch all these kids move up in ranking. You know that is going to happen.

I also agree that this is the year for us to pick up our future NT.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I love this draft Perry. It would strengthen both lines and give us an ILB that would help to take the sting out of an aging LBing corp. I also like the back half of the draft. I Could see this entire draft making the team and being a productive part of it. Now we just have to sit and watch all these kids move up in ranking. You know that is going to happen.

I also agree that this is the year for us to pick up our future NT.
    I love Worthy!!!! If he is the only player that I get right this year I will do back flips....I think he is going to be special!!!!!

But you know that I also have a man crush on James-Michael Johnson.

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I love Worthy!!!! If he is the only player that I get right this year I will do back flips....I think he is going to be special!!!!!

But you know that I also have a man crush on James-Michael Johnson.
    And you know I have fallen in love with Zietler, but I agree Worthy is the one must get for us. I hope you hit on this one like you did last year.

I was also glad to see someone else pick up on Witt. I thing the kid has game.

AML