Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mocks

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: 2012 Mocks

I've been looking into draft prospects as well and I really like David DeCastro from Stanford. He plays right guard and is a good pass protector and makes holes for the running game. He seems to be pretty powerful and usually doesn't get beat which is something that this team needs. He also pulls very well for the run game. Here's a link to his profile on CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...david-decastro
    Here's also a video showing his positive and negative in three games from the 2010 season:

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

11-24-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    2nd- 63rd: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    3rd- 94th: Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Not much has changed...just a different DB in the 2nd.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Heres my Mock.

1st- NT
    2nd- LB
    3rd- LB
    4th- LB
    5th- LB
    6th- LB
    7th- OG

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

My shopping list is:

NT (need to draft and groom the next Big Snack)
    SS (there will never be another Troy but we need a serviceable replacement in the next couple of years)
    RB (very deep position so we might as well let someone else overpay Mendy)
    OG (position badly in need of an upgrade)

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

12-1-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    2nd- 63rd: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    3rd- 94th: Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin

Hey finally someone new in his draft for the Steelers...the 3rd rounder...another OT...no clue about him either...but I'd rather have an OG myself.

12-8-11 - Walt's

1st- 31st: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
    2nd- 63rd: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

12-9-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 27th: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    2nd- 59th: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    3rd- 90th: Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

This is one of the crappiest mocks I've seen...I have no idea why Charlie has no OL/etc...but TWO DL? WTF

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    12-8-11 - Walt's

12-9-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 27th: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    2nd- 59th: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    3rd- 90th: Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

This is one of the crappiest mocks I've seen...I have no idea why Charlie has no OL/etc...but TWO DL? WTF
    I LIKE this guy. He is a leader just by watching him play, and hes got a mean streak. Not sure how he is regarding coverage but the guy can run downhill and just blast through blocks and make the tackle.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

12-8-11 - Walt's

What an excellent first two rounds that would be for the Steelers.

12-15-11 - Walt's

No changes again...

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Burfict does not fit the brief that is needed. When a ILB is taken in the first two rounds be assured that they will have a brain between their ears.

Burfict has a pea for a brain and he is a 15 yard penalty in the making every time he takes a snap.

Hightower, Keuchly, Teo and even Upshaw are higher on that wish list.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    1st round: NT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State, 6'3 310- I absolutely love this kid. Vocal...smart...defensive playcaller...great work ethic and high energy player. This is the year that we finally bring youth to the NT position.

2nd round: OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State, 6'5 322-The first thing that sticks out with Adcock is that he has very good knee bend and a pretty good kick slide. Good initial punch. Seems to steer defenders instead of overpowering them but rarely lets the defender into the backfield.

3rd round: OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, 6'4 318- Already a site favorite. Strong LG prospect who shows good athleticism and understands leverage. if a line coach can teach him to keep his head up and work on his initial step...he could be an elite prospect.

4th round: ILB James-Michael Johnson, Nevada, 6'1 240- The best player on the Wolfpack team....opponants game planned around him and he will still walk away from college with 36.5 TFL. Tenacious player who will bring youth to the ILB corps when Farrior and Foote step aside.

5th round: FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech, 6'0 200- Great character kid with good instincts. Can play anywhere in the defensive backfield. A steal in the fifth round.

6th round: QB Patrick Witt, Yale, 6'3 220- Has a career pass completion rate of over 60%. Much like Locker last year in that his numbers (especially his interception numbers) need to be looked at in light of the players that surrounded him. Had a 109.59 effeciency rating in 2010.

7th round: OG Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio), 6'4 343- Big RG prospect who has been hampered since spring with injuries. Now healthy and has the ability to dominate. Good gamble for a 7th round prospect.
    The more I watch us play, the more I like this draft. I would make a couple of changes though.

In the second I would draft OG Kevin Zeitler. I don't think he will last to a late 3rd round pick, and if we can't get DeCastro, or Glenn, I want this kid.

In the third I would like OT Tony Bergstrom out of Utah.

I the seventh I would like to see us take a shot at Broderick Binns, DE for Iowa. I think he could play OLB for us, a better player than some think.

AML

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

1st - Kelechi Osemele,OG i like this kid A LOT (i dont think decastro will be there when we pick)
    alt pick 1st Barrett Jones OG

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

12-22-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    2nd- 59th: Lucas Nix, G, Pittsburgh
    3rd- 90th: Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

First rounder doesnt seem bad...though I'd rather use the 1st on an OL, second rounder no clue about him and I dont think we take another CB that high.

12-23-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
    2nd- 61st: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    3rd- 92nd: Winston Guy, Jr., S, Kentucky

This Charlie guy just doesnt know what he's doing. An OLB is the least of the teams worries right now, they have Worilds (Harrisons eventual replacement) and Carter has some potential too. Yes they've had injuries/etc this year...but its not that big of a need. The only pick as far as position that I could agree with here is S...beyond that Charlies Steeler's picks continue to suck big time.

12-29-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
    2nd- 59th: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    3rd- 90th: Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

First time I've seen this Senio guy....anybody know anything about him?

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

12-29-11 - Walt's

1st- 27th: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
    2nd- 59th: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    3rd- 90th: Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

First time I've seen this Senio guy....anybody know anything about him?

The only thing I know about him is what I have read. I may forget something so I hope someone that has seen him will chime in.

Played DT his SO year but switched to OG as a Jr. and played in that position for most if not all the games. Played LT this year but had an ankle injury late in the season, I don't know how bad it was. May be a little smaller than the Steelers would like, 6'3"-300 lbs., but is very strong, not particularly quick, but is suppose to move well in the box. I think he was All Pac 10 honorable mention the last 2 years. Right now is figured to be a late 3rd early 4th round pick.
    Might be one to watch at the combines.

AML

12-30-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
    2nd- 61st: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
    3rd- 92nd: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

Once again Charlie proves he doesnt know much about the Steelers (I know these "experts" dont know everything about all teams...but most teams biggest needs are easy to tell)...picking TWO LBs in the first 3 rounds and an RB...WTF? The 3rd round LB I might not have a problem with but the other picks one needs to be an OL and the other who knows...but this guys Steelers mocks suck!

12-30-11 - Charlie Campbell

1st- 29th: Ronnell Lewis, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
    2nd- 61st: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
    3rd- 92nd: Tank Carder, LB, TCU

Once again Charlie proves he doesnt know much about the Steelers (I know these "experts" dont know everything about all teams...but most teams biggest needs are easy to tell)...picking TWO LBs in the first 3 rounds and an RB...WTF? The 3rd round LB I might not have a problem with but the other picks one needs to be an OL and the other who knows...but this guys Steelers mocks suck!
    I am thankful that Charlie Campbell does not run the Steelers organization. No OL or NT in the first 3 rounds?!? Is he serious? Does he know anything about the Steelers? He is probably thinking "Let's not have them worry about a NT, all of their NTs are only in their mid 30s and they seem fine at OL, Maurkice Pouncey is an elite O-lineman, they are fine there". His reason for drafting a RB is so devoid of logic, it amazes me, it is bad enough that the Steelers might draft a RB because he MIGHT be gone NEXT YEAR, but he forgets the Steelers already have other quality running backs.

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

My question is where is this team playing Willie Colon next year? RT , RG? Gilbert hasn't shown hes ready for LT and putting him at guard wouldnt make sense in favor of Colon at RT. LT is the #1 need on the OL IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    My question is where is this team playing Willie Colon next year? RT , RG? Gilbert hasn't shown hes ready for LT and putting him at guard wouldnt make sense in favor of Colon at RT. LT is the #1 need on the OL IMO
    I think it all hinges on what happens with Starks. If they re-sign him...thats when the "log jam" at OT is created, where it would be awesome if Colon could go to OG. If he doesnt come back then Gilbert goes to LT and Colon back to RT.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    The only thing I know about him is what I have read. I may forget something so I hope someone that has seen him will chime in.

Played DT his SO year but switched to OG as a Jr. and played in that position for most if not all the games. Played LT this year but had an ankle injury late in the season, I don't know how bad it was. May be a little smaller than the Steelers would like, 6'3"-300 lbs., but is very strong, not particularly quick, but is suppose to move well in the box. I think he was All Pac 10 honorable mention the last 2 years. Right now is figured to be a late 3rd early 4th round pick.
    Might be one to watch at the combines.
    Hmm, when I've watched him, I've gotten a completely different outlook. He's a guy that moves well in space and can get to the second level with ease but he isn't a strong run blocker. A trait that is hard to hide in an offensive lineman. I'm not sure where he'll be projected to go, but right now I see him as just a 5th/6th rounder for a zone blocking scheme.

Walt's mock 1-04-11 Round 4 added

1st round- Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
    2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
    3rd round- Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
    4th round- Nigel Bradham LB Florida St

Good other than the delusion that Pittsburgh needs to draft a RB with all the able RBs the Steelers already have and the fact that he doesn't have Pittsburgh drafting an offensive lineman despite how much he talks about Pittsburgh needing protection

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Walt's mock 1-04-11 Round 4 added

1st round- Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
    2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
    3rd round- Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
    4th round- Nigel Bradham LB Florida St

Good other than the delusion that Pittsburgh needs to draft a RB with all the able RBs the Steelers already have and the fact that he doesn't have Pittsburgh drafting an offensive lineman despite how much he talks about Pittsburgh needing protection
    No O line picks in the first 4 rounds is more than a little unrealistic.

Dont have a problem with Hightower.
    Ta'amu hurt his stock in the bowl game and is losing ground. ( and I still believe that Ziggy Hood is the next NT when Casey goes)
    Doesnt matter how many RB's you have if you have inferior guards.

I like looking at mocks but Walters is way off the mark so far for the 2012 mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    No O line picks in the first 4 rounds is more than a little unrealistic.

Dont have a problem with Hightower.
    Ta'amu hurt his stock in the bowl game and is losing ground. ( and I still believe that Ziggy Hood is the next NT when Casey goes)
    Doesnt matter how many RB's you have if you have inferior guards.

I like looking at mocks but Walters is way off the mark so far for the 2012 mocks

I love Hightower, and it would not break my heart to see him in Black and Gold next year, but after watching Cordy Glenn yet one more time I am leaning in his direction. He has done a good job at LT, but I still see his future at OG for us. I would say that my 3 favorite 1st round picks, right now, would be Glenn, Hightower, and Worthy. I hope that one of them will be available.

If you see Ziggy as our future NT do you think we might go after another talented DE in this draft?

I have always seen Walters as entertainment, and I like reading it, but they do seen to be off on a lot of their talent evaluations, along with their mocks. I'm not saying that they are awful, just that I think there are sites that are much better.

AML

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

I'm not too sure about us moving Ziggy. It makes sense and I'd feel more comfortable about it now than I did when he was drafted but he's down an excellent job at end and has logged nearly all his playing time there.

I've always been against making more switches than needed to fix a problem.

Charlie Campbell 1-06-11

1st round- Lamar Miller RB Miami ( )
    2nd round- Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington (Good)
    3rd round- Tank Carder ILB TCU (OK)

No offensive linemen ( )

My top list of first round(realistic) candidates has always included:

* Hightower ILB
    * Adams OT
    * Konz OG

I am fearful that Cordy Glenn will be another Herman Johnson. 350lb O lineman entering the draft scare me, because I can only see one way for their weight to go.

OT Zebrie Sanders is a guy who may get some looks from the steeler scouts however I think there is one standout O lineman that will attract serious attention over the upcoming months of evaluation.

I think Brandon Washington is going to climb into serious first round contention and he may well be the perfect candidate for the 2012 draft.

Here is a scouting report to consider for this 6'4 320" Jnr who has played OG and OT

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=50395

Personally, I don't see much Herman Johnson in Glenn. Every time I watched Johnson play I though he was soft and lazy, with bad footwork. I see Glenn more like a better Marcus Cannon. Glenn has done a good job at LT this year, and seems to understand his assignments better, plus looks to get into the 2nd level better. I don't think I ever saw Glenn forced backward no matter who he was going against.

Konz, who did declare for the draft, is looking more and more attractive with the problems Pouncey is having right now. Konz is talked about as a OG, but don't forget, he is also the best OC in the draft as well. Nice call on this one early Aussie. I also like his partner Zeitler very much.

This looks to be a deep draft at OG, and I think a deeper draft at players that could play NT than we have seen in some time. That alone could make Hightower, if available, more attractive to the Steelers.

AML

And for a man that is as big as Glenn is, he sure moves well. Both in space and laterally in pass protection.

I liked the 2010 Cordy Glenn (#71) played LG and looked 20 - 30 lighter.

In 2011 he looked significantly bigger and slower whilst playing LT.

I am just apprehensive about huge O linemen