Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mocks

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Re: 2012 Mocks

Walts 1-11-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

1st - 24th - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
    2nd - 56th - Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
    3rd - 87th - Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
    4th - 119th - Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah

2 decent picks to start...though an OG needs to be in there still. And for the comment(s) about Walters site/etc. I know he it isnt perfect (a lot of sites arent) but I know its one a LOT of people reference and such...and he does a lot of mocks (compared to most sites) and its just fun to look over the months who he's had going to the Steelers and then see who they actually pick and such.
    Last edited by 7willBheaven; 01-14-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Charlies 1-14-12

1st - 24th - Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State
    2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech (no...esp when there are at least 3 solid NTs after this in his mock)
    3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia (he does on to say the Steelers could use a young pass rushing OLB REALLY??)
    4th - 119th - Lonnie Edwards, G, Texas Tech (wow he FINALLY picks a much needed OG...never heard of this guy though)

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Redman , Mendenhall , Dwyer , Batch , Clay , "Chad Spann"...

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Charlies 1-14-12

1st - 24th - Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona State
    2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech (no...esp when there are at least 3 solid NTs after this in his mock)
    3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia (he does on to say the Steelers could use a young pass rushing OLB REALLY??)
    4th - 119th - Lonnie Edwards, G, Texas Tech (wow he FINALLY picks a much needed OG...never heard of this guy though)
    Charlie has absolutely zero idea about the steelers. Burfict is zero chance of being the steelers pick at #24

Wilson might be a player but the steelers arent going to have a Round 1 and Round 2 RB on the roster. Redman has earned the right to replace Mendenhall if he is not retained for contract 2

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Walts 1-19-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

4th - 119th - Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

One of his better mocks...however I'd like to see a G taken higher and no RB..but thats just me...maybe replace the RB with a S and we have a winner!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Walts 1-19-12 - First time with 4 rounds.

4th - 119th - Senio Kelemete, G, Washington

One of his better mocks...however I'd like to see a G taken higher and no RB..but thats just me...maybe replace the RB with a S and we have a winner!
    Yeah, or better yet replace RB with G and G with safety. It amazes me how much he talks about the importance of keeping Ben healthy yet does not have us drafting an O-lineman in the 1st 3 rounds for months while he definitely has never watched Issac Redman play. Redman and the other RBs who have shown promise make RB a non need even with Mendenhall's ACL

i go hard like tiger wood Array title="lilyoder6 is an unknown quantity at this point">

def dont understand why ppl think the steelers will draft a rb pretty high in the draft.. esp w, the ppl we alrdy have on the roster... i wouldnt doubt the steelers drafting a fast, quick scat back so see if he will pan out.. but hopefully thats batch nxt yr

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah, or better yet replace RB with G and G with safety. It amazes me how much he talks about the importance of keeping Ben healthy yet does not have us drafting an O-lineman in the 1st 3 rounds for months while he definitely has never watched Issac Redman play. Redman and the other RBs who have shown promise make RB a non need even with Mendenhall's ACL
    Exactly. Any combo of those 3rd/4th picks with OG/S (based on his mock of course). And i agree with the rest of what you said too. Though I give most of these "experts" or whatever a pass...especially the non-Steeler fans/etc...when they do mocks for the entire draft. They're a lot of work and they may not be 100% up on things with every team...kinda like that Charlie guy...he's terrible.

Charlie Campbell's - 1-23-12

2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
    3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
    4th - 119th - Mike Martin, DT/DE, Michigan

Once again the stupidity of Charlie shows through when it comes to the Steelers. No OL, no NT, are you friggin kidding me?

Charlie Campbell's - 1-23-12

2nd - 56th - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
    3rd - 87th - Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
    4th - 119th - Mike Martin, DT/DE, Michigan

Once again the stupidity of Charlie shows through when it comes to the Steelers. No OL, no NT, are you friggin kidding me?
    He had Josh Chapman going to the Texans two picks after the Steelers' 2nd round pick. If this mock draft comes true I am going to assume that Matt Millen hijacked the Steelers' war room

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Lets change it to read

1. Donta Hightower ILB
    2. Josh Chapman NT
    3. Brandon Washinton OG
    4. Sean Spence ( pick him to play SS. He has a great football instinct - he is too good to pass up at this point in the draft)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    Who would you rank higher: Hightower or Rolando Mcclain? Id rather see Burfict Im tired of slow linebackers
    I think we need a smart linebacker. Burfict may be faster, but I cannot see him captaining this defence.

In 2010 I would have had Hightower ranked in front of McClain in all aspects. Then he shredded his knee and I think he lost the physical edge to McClain.
    I think Hightower may well be a better leader and footballer

I am not convinced that Timmons can replace Farrior as the defensive playcaller. Thats why I would be happy to take a Keuchly, Hightower, Acho or Neilsen in rounds 1 - 4.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I agree with Aussie. If we draft Burfict get ready for a bunch of unsportsmanlike conduct, and roughing the passer penalties. He is one play I don't think I want.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Steeltreal will become famous soon enough"> Steeltreal's Avatar

Like this ? LOL
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

He got benched in his last bowl game. Granted I think the other team targetted him and really got under his skin, but he lost his cool, ran up some dumb penalties and became a liability to his defensive teammates.

I think he falls into the second on all teams draft boards.

I will go out on a limb now and say that Burfict will be picked by the raiders. Put him near Rolando McClain and let him fly around and use his pure athleticism. I will even go as far to say that the raiders will trade back up into the first round with the pats to ensure that they get him. Al Davis may be gone but I can still imagine a little raider draft day lunacy.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Still want Zeitler as it stands right now. Get a quality LG and when healthy, realizing it's a big if, the line will be fine. I have no qualms of a 2012 starting lineup of: Gilbert, Zeitler, Pouncey, Foster, Colon. Essex and a low-level FA as a backup tackle as your backups on gamedays.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
    Lets change it to read

1. Donta Hightower ILB
    2. Josh Chapman NT
    3. Brandon Washinton OG
    4. Sean Spence ( pick him to play SS. He has a great football instinct - he is too good to pass up at this point in the draft)

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

He got benched in his last bowl game. Granted I think the other team targetted him and really got under his skin, but he lost his cool, ran up some dumb penalties and became a liability to his defensive teammates.

I think he falls into the second on all teams draft boards.

I will go out on a limb now and say that Burfict will be picked by the raiders. Put him near Rolando McClain and let him fly around and use his pure athleticism. I will even go as far to say that the raiders will trade back up into the first round with the pats to ensure that they get him. Al Davis may be gone but I can still imagine a little raider draft day lunacy.
    But if someone can get him under control, and I don't think Erickson was a great candidate especially after the Sun Devils' season tanked and he knew he was gone, they're going to have a heck of a player. Because from the physical standpoint, he's a top prospect.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No thanks on the LB with the first round pick...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Still want Zeitler as it stands right now. Get a quality LG and when healthy, realizing it's a big if, the line will be fine. I have no qualms of a 2012 starting lineup of: Gilbert, Zeitler, Pouncey, Foster, Colon. Essex and a low-level FA as a backup tackle as your backups on gamedays.
    I love the Zeitler kid as well bud, but think he will be moving up to the point that we may need to move up in the 3rd or pick him in the 2nd, which would be alright with me. Hell I have even see him mock in the 1st round.

I am still not comfortable with the OT position, haven't been for years. If we don't pick one, like Adams, in the 1st, I hope we can find one in the 3rd round.

AML

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

How we looking for olive talent in the first 2round rounds?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Oline*

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    How we looking for o-line talent in the first 2round rounds?
    Great question.

I think we will take a NT with one of our first two picks...two o-linemen in the first three rounds....and possibly three o-linemen all together with a late round developmental o-line prospect.

Here is a break down of O-linemen that should be available in the first two rounds and/or also warrant consideration in the first two rounds.

Offensive Tackles:

1) Matt Kalil -Wont be there when we pick
    2) Riley Reiff - Wont be there when we pick
    3) Jonathan Martin- Wont be there when we pick
    4) Zebrie Sanders- Mixed reviews...I dont like him. Good character but is a waist bender and sluggish
    5) Mike Adams-If we take a OT in the first round...he is the most likely prospect. I like this kid alot.
    6) Bobby Massie- Draft board riser that several of us liked early on and hoped he would be there in the 4-5 round. 2nd round prospect
    7) Nate Potter- 2nd round developmental prospect...Excellent skills but would need a year to add 20-30 lbs and some strength....Good payoff for a patient team.

Offensive Guards:

1) David DeCastro- Possibly the best O-lineman in this draft. Long gone before we pick
    2) Cordy Glenn- good prospect and may be there. Boom or Bust prospect who's weight scares me a bit.
    3) Brandon Washington- One of those prospects that might slip through the cracks. Not good enough for the #24 oveall pick....but wont be there when we pick in the 2nd.
    4) Kelechi Osemele - Same might be said here...great value if he lasts until our pick in the second round. Might climb draft boards before then,
    5) Kevin Zeitler- Possibly my second favorite Guard prospect this year (Behind DeCastro)...another prospect who might climb before draft day.
    6) Amini Silatolu- Light on his feet for a big guy...I like him...Small school prospect who looks quick in a phone booth..if not on the move. Could be a draft day steal
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    1) David DeCastro- Possibly the best O-lineman in this draft. Long gone before we pick
    18 looks like the ideal spot for a trade up. Anything higher would cost to much.
    "It comes with the Territory" - Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    18 looks like the ideal spot for a trade up. Anything higher would cost to much.
    The only problem with that is that I dont see DeCastro making it to the 18th pick...and the talent level at Guard this year goes deep into the third round. I'm not sure if I would take Decastro and potentially give up a Adams/Zeitler tandem.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Thanks LLT that's the exact answer I was looking for

Now I know who to evaluate :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Great question.

I think we will take a NT with one of our first two picks...two o-linemen in the first three rounds....and possibly three o-linemen all together with a late round developmental o-line prospect.

Here is a break down of O-linemen that should be available in the first two rounds and/or also warrant consideration in the first two rounds.

Offensive Tackles:

1) Matt Kalil -Wont be there when we pick
    2) Riley Reiff - Wont be there when we pick
    3) Jonathan Martin- Wont be there when we pick
    4) Zebrie Sanders- Mixed reviews...I dont like him. Good character but is a waist bender and sluggish
    5) Mike Adams-If we take a OT in the first round...he is the most likely prospect. I like this kid alot.
    6) Bobby Massie- Draft board riser that several of us liked early on and hoped he would be there in the 4-5 round. 2nd round prospect
    7) Nate Potter- 2nd round developmental prospect...Excellent skills but would need a year to add 20-30 lbs and some strength....Good payoff for a patient team.

Offensive Guards:

2) Cordy Glenn- good prospect and may be there. Boom or Bust prospect who's weight scares me a bit.
    3) Brandon Washington- One of those prospects that might slip through the cracks. Not good enough for the #24 oveall pick....but wont be there when we pick in the 2nd.
    4) Kelechi Osemele - Same might be said here...great value if he lasts until our pick in the second round. Might climb draft boards before then,
    5) Kevin Zeitler- Possibly my second favorite Guard prospect this year (Behind DeCastro)...another prospect who might climb before draft day.
    6) Amini Silatolu- Light on his feet for a big guy...I like him...Small school prospect who looks quick in a phone booth..if not on the move. Could be a draft day steal
    I would agree with LLT in most areas.

Have to also consider at least two other O linemen that are genuine candidates in the first 3 rounds.

Peter Konz OC Wisconsin 6'5 320" - Like Maurkice Pouncey he is a genuine OG prospect that will go in round 1
    Ben Jones OC Georgia 6'3 310" - may also get looks as a OC / OG in round 2
    Michael Brewster OC Ohio State 6'4 320" - will sneak into round 3 calculations and would be another good NFL OG

By all reports Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio) 6'5 340" was a dominant force at the East West Shrine game. He may be worth a look now in rounds 3 - 4

OT's that are worth a look beyond the first 2 rounds are:
    Levy Adcock - Oklahoma State ( sliding down boards for some reason. was originally considered a 2nd rounder)
    Andrew Datko - FSU (coming off injury)
    Matt Reynolds - BYU ( an older prospect but well coached and capable of handling multiple positions)
    Matt McCants, Tony Bergstrom and Brandon Mosley are also big bodies that fit the steelers OT profile

I would agree with LLT in most areas.

Have to also consider at least two other O linemen that are genuine candidates in the first 3 rounds.

Peter Konz OC Wisconsin 6'5 320" - Like Maurkice Pouncey he is a genuine OG prospect that will go in round 1
    Ben Jones OC Georgia 6'3 310" - may also get looks as a OC / OG in round 2
    Michael Brewster OC Ohio State 6'4 320" - will sneak into round 3 calculations and would be another good NFL OG
    Your exactly correct Aussie...I completely didnt look at my OC rankings...and I actually like Konz as a OG for us, so I dont know where my head was!

By all reports Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio) 6'5 340" was a dominant force at the East West Shrine game. He may be worth a look now in rounds 3 - 4
    You know...Brooks was the big guy that I had as a 7th round sleeper early this year....hoping he would be overlooked due to his early injury. Happens to us every year. Im happy for the kid...he made himself some money at the the game.

-- Jack Lambert --

Reports from the shrine game indicate that Matt Reynolds played LT and he got abused by the speed rushers.

This will see his draft stock tumble. He will be now viewed as purely an OG and he will be a day 3 prospect only.