Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gitmo Intel Crucial to bin Laden Plan

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Gitmo Intel Crucial to bin Laden Plan

At least two senior White House officials have admitted that intel from Gitmo detainee's was used in the operation to get bin laden.

Hmmmmmmm....didn't the liberals all tell us Gitmo was pure evil? Didn't Obama promise to close it down like a year ago?

Good thing he didn't I guess....
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Re: Gitmo Intel Crucial to bin Laden Plan

You need to be careful. Before you know it, the liberals will claim that Obama (or Obama will claim) knew the intel would lead to the capture and THAT is why Gitmo wasn't shut down and that HE is the one responsible for the success.

Wait for it .... Wait for it ....

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I, for one, am grateful that Obama carried on with this, yet another "failed Bush policy".

Look, I'm not going to withhold credit to this administration for bagging bin Laden. He did make the call, and it's a damned good thing he did. However, it is important to note that Obama is on the record as saying this in August of 2007:

"As President, I will close Guantanamo, reject the Military Commissions Act and adhere to the Geneva Conventions. Our Constitution and our Uniform Code of Military Justice provide a framework for dealing with the terrorists,"

And this in May 2009:

"...by any measure, the costs of keeping it open far exceed the complications involved in closing it. That's why I argued that it should be closed throughout my campaign, and that is why I ordered it closed within one year."

Fire Goodell

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Actually, Obama did something new. He broke international law by ordering a ground force strike in a sovereign nation without permission - something that tentative-toed Bush NEVER did.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Gitmo intel has probably saved this nation from several major terrorists attacks long before this coup came about. Sorry radical left, but the nuggets that have been mined from there couldn't have been garnered anywhere else.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Actually, Obama did something new. He broke international law by ordering a ground force strike in a sovereign nation without permission - something that tentative-toed Bush NEVER did.

Eric Holder will be issueing the arrest warrants shortly.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

is that sarcasm? Can't tell and don't know.

I for one will give this administration NO credit. All they did was THEIR JOB!! Has the bar for Osama been lowered to the level at which doing his job deserves a pat on the back?

IMO, the credit goes to the men and women in the field, NOT the suits in Washington who are using the success and hard work / sacrifice of those that are actually doing the job to their own ends.

And for anyone crying "don't make this political", well, it IS political and IF 2012 elections come and go without the left thumping their chests and using Obama's death to further their own motives then I'll be more than happy to apologize for throwing the first stone.

In the meantime, the death of Obama Bin Ladin lays at the feet of the men and women who deserve it, NOT Barrack Hussein Osama and his crony politician sidekicks.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

I think its still just here-say or still a theory this info came out of gitmo... but according to reports and news articles, we've had this type of info in other situations as far back as the Clinton admin.... glad "somebody" finally acted on it !

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    is that sarcasm? Can't tell and don't know.

I for one will give this administration NO credit. All they did was THEIR JOB!! Has the bar for Osama been lowered to the level at which doing his job deserves a pat on the back?

IMO, the credit goes to the men and women in the field, NOT the suits in Washington who are using the success and hard work / sacrifice of those that are actually doing the job to their own ends.

And for anyone crying "don't make this political", well, it IS political and IF 2012 elections come and go without the left thumping their chests and using Obama's death to further their own motives then I'll be more than happy to apologize for throwing the first stone.

In the meantime, the death of Obama Bin Ladin lays at the feet of the men and women who deserve it, NOT Barrack Hussein Osama and his crony politician sidekicks.
    Obama bin Laden? Jeez, here we go...

I'm too happy today for election mode. Try me again in about 6 months.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

I'm too happy today for election mode. Try me again in about 6 months.
    Agree. It's like saying "Fire Arians" after winning the Super Bowl.

There's a right time for that and it isn't today.

Actually, there's some interesting speculation flying around in regards to that. It's highly unlikely that US choppers flew over Pakistan airspace without some kind of tacit approval. However, the clear and obvious proof that the US did NOT bother to loop the Pakistani's in, in particular the ISI, was the fact that we actually GOT bin Laden. If they knew, they would have tipped him off. Make no mistake about it, considering what we have learned just in the last 24 hours, there were probably literally THOUSANDS of Pakistani's who knew exactly where OBL was, and knew for quite some time.
    Fire Goodell

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Patriot, IF this was carried out without permission from Pakistan, you know good and well that the lefties that are praising Obama for his swift and decisive action in getting Bin Laden (and rightly so) would be calling W a 'cowboy' and calling for him to be arrested for war crimes. Oh hell, you lefties were doing that already. Funny how that works, ain't it ? And IF W is 'tentative-toed', what does that make Clinton, a yellow bellied spineless gutless wonder ? You betcha
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Actually, there's some interesting speculation flying around in regards to that. It's highly unlikely that US choppers flew over Pakistan airspace without some kind of tacit approval. However, the clear and obvious proof that the US did NOT bother to loop the Pakistani's in, in particular the ISI, was the fact that we actually GOT bin Laden. If they knew, they would have tipped him off. Make no mistake about it, considering what we have learned just in the last 24 hours, there were probably literally THOUSANDS of Pakistani's who knew exactly where OBL was, and knew for quite some time.
    Yeah, seriously. He was right down the road from Pakistan's equivalent of West Point!?! Either Pakistan has the most incompetent military and government on the face of the earth, or bin Laden made some friends.

That worries me. Pakistan is NOT our friend, and probably never will be.

The "third way" I've heard discussed is that perhaps OBL was becoming an albatross around the ISI's neck and they truly do want to work more closely with us.

I'll believe that if i see it.
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    Patriot, IF this was carried out without permission from Pakistan, you know good and well that the lefties that are praising Obama for his swift and decisive action in getting Bin Laden (and rightly so) would be calling W a 'cowboy' and calling for him to be arrested for war crimes. Oh hell, you lefties were doing that already. Funny how that works, ain't it ? And IF W is 'tentative-toed', what does that make Clinton, a yellow bellied spineless gutless wonder ? You betcha
    Yeah, yeah. I just hope it doesn't become a competition to see which president can invade the most countries. Because you right-wingers would win.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Yeah, yeah. I just hope it doesn't become a competition to see which president can invade the most countries. Because you right-wingers would win.

Wait, is W 'tentative-toed' or is he in the running for most countries invaded ? Anyway, in case you didn't catch on, and you obviously didn't, I'll spell it out for ya. What I was referring to was specifically to do with OBL, which our last 3 presidents (at least) have had to deal with. Clinton had numerous times when OBL was either offered to him on a silver platter or our special ops had cross-hairs on his forehead. Clinton declined the offer to have OBL turned over into US custody and failed to give the go ahead to take him out. Too bad, too, cause 9/11 may have never happened. Bush, well, I don't know what to tell ya except his administration failed to find him. But you know that if OBLs compound had been found under his administration and it was confirmed OBL was inside, he would have carried out the same op. Obama had the intel and gave the go ahead. Good for him. But Patriot, you cannot deny that IF under the Bush administration this had been carried out and IF no prior permission from Pakistan had been granted, you lefties would be calling for him to be tried for war crimes, cause thats how you roll.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Well, let's add a caveat. Obama had Osama as long ago as 6 months. As per his MO, he waited, and deliberated, and plotted and planned before taking this "swift and decisive action" he's being credited with.

Since the Goose and the Gander both deserve equal treatment, what would have happened if, while Obama was deliberating, OBL pulled off another major terrorist action against the US?
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

W would have zipped on his flight suit and put the bullet in his head personnally.

Well, let's add a caveat. Obama had Osama as long ago as 6 months. As per his MO, he waited, and deliberated, and plotted and planned before taking this "swift and decisive action" he's being credited with.

Since the Goose and the Gander both deserve equal treatment, what would have happened if, while Obama was deliberating, OBL pulled off another major terrorist action against the US?

Or got away.........................................again ?!
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Wait, is W 'tentative-toed' or is he in the running for most countries invaded ? Anyway, in case you didn't catch on, and you obviously didn't, I'll spell it out for ya. What I was referring to was specifically to do with OBL, which our last 3 presidents (at least) have had to deal with. Clinton had numerous times when OBL was either offered to him on a silver platter or our special ops had cross-hairs on his forehead. Clinton declined the offer to have OBL turned over into US custody and failed to give the go ahead to take him out. Too bad, too, cause 9/11 may have never happened. Bush, well, I don't know what to tell ya except his administration failed to find him. But you know that if OBLs compound had been found under his administration and it was confirmed OBL was inside, he would have carried out the same op. Obama had the intel and gave the go ahead. Good for him. But Patriot, you cannot deny that IF under the Bush administration this had been carried out and IF no prior permission from Pakistan had been granted, you lefties would be calling for him to be tried for war crimes, cause thats how you roll.
    I don't think I've ever demanded Bush be put on trial for war crimes. I know some lefties did, but then there were some righties demanding Obama be impeached for not revealing the long form of his birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    W would have zipped on his flight suit and put the bullet in his head personnally.
    My favorite anecdote about the BP spill was that Regan would have swam down and punched it shut!
    Fire Goodell

Well, let's add a caveat. Obama had Osama as long ago as 6 months.
    How do we know that?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I don't think I've ever demanded Bush be put on trial for war crimes. I know some lefties did, but then there were some righties demanding Obama be impeached for not revealing the long form of his birth certificate.
    US citizenship is a requirement for the presidency. If there's nothing to hide, why all the secrecy?

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

One unwary phone call led US to bin Laden doorstep

By ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZO, Associated Press – 18 mins ago
    WASHINGTON – When one of Osama bin Laden's most trusted aides picked up the phone last year, he unknowingly led U.S. pursuers to the doorstep of his boss, the world's most wanted terrorist.

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/..._for_bin_laden

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

How do we know that?

Um, cause we've found out through sources that as far back as last August, this compound was a place of interest to the intelligence community. Didn't take 'em long to realize that the 'person of signifigance' that was residing in the compound was OBL himself.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Um, cause we've found out through sources that as far back as last August, this compound was a place of interest to the intelligence community. Didn't take 'em long to realize that the 'person of signifigance' that was residing in the compound was OBL himself.
    His name was on the mailbox.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

You think we didn't know that? His entire speech last night was him commending himself and trying to get reelected. I was afraid that our beloved Pres was going to get hurt patting himself on the back. And I've never heard so many "I's" and "me's" in a speech before. I think maybe he should just "change" his name to Ibama or Mebama. Whattaya think?
    Last edited by NJarhead; 05-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Formerly TheWarden86 Array title="NJarhead has much to be proud of"> NJarhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post

Wow! That's pretty cool....he actually had no teleprompter.