Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1020

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Apparently is high-character and very religious.

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

But does he have suddenness and glide?

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Unfortunately, he seems to like Coldplay. Decision-making comes into question...

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

I hate seeing greg lloyd and eagles in the same sentence
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    But does he have suddenness and glide?
    We have already filled that quota. I thought we would get a big back and a FB.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Brady likes tight ends.
    And Belidick* likes Brady's* tight end.

All in all, I am very pleased with this draft! Kudos!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I thought there would be more LB's in this draft. It's already a bust!

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    We have already filled that quota. I thought we would get a big back and a FB.

Mr. Irrelevant. Come on Scott Lutrus!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess that drafting a Duce Staley sweatpants back is more important than drafting the heir to Casey Hampton

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welp, back to fretting about the lockout, I guess.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I don't think you're going to draft an heir to Hampton in the 7th round.
    They could have atleast tried. It would have made more sense than who they got anyway

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Looks like it was an interesting 3rd day of the draft. At least I know all of the names they drafted except the 7th rounder...thats a step above last year i think haha.

While it may suck to not draft a potential NT...right now...and NT wont make the team with a late pick...even though Hoke is a FA he will be back he doesnt have the wear and tear on him even though he his older...Casey is around 2 more years and hasnt shown signs of slowing down (a lot of times DT/NTs play longer than other positions). Though there were some potential prospects i think they did fine and once they are able to sign UDFA's then we could see guys like Ian Williams/etc picked up...who knows.

Definitely not bad overall.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Welp, back to fretting about the lockout, I guess.
    Nah, we must be able to blame Arians for something. Hey, maybe its his fault that there is a lockout...........yeah, that will take most fans mind off the lockout.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

[QUOTE=st33lersguy;159881]I guess that drafting a Duce Staley sweatpants back is more important than drafting the heir to Casey Hampton[/QUOTE}

Actually Batch is not a bad pick in the 7th. He has pretty good size or a tail back and good speed. He turned in a decent pro day, with a 39" vertical. I watched him play a couple of times the last one was the Alamo Bowl where he had a 100 yard game against Michigan St. He also went over 100 yard against Okla. Tech will normally throw 5 times to each running play but Batch still had over 800 yard this year, and he can catch out of the backfield. Could end up our replacement for Moore.

AML

[QUOTE=Texasteel;159980]
    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I guess that drafting a Duce Staley sweatpants back is more important than drafting the heir to Casey Hampton[/QUOTE}

Actually Batch is not a bad pick in the 7th. He has pretty good size or a tail back and good speed. He turned in a decent pro day, with a 39" vertical. I watched him play a couple of times the last one was the Alamo Bowl where he had a 100 yard game against Michigan St. He also went over 100 yard against Okla. Tech will normally throw 5 times to each running play but Batch still had over 800 yard this year, and he can catch out of the backfield. Could end up our replacement for Moore.
    I like Batch as a replacement for Moore, but face it...we only dress 3 RB's on gameday and it means he will have to beat out Redman and Dwyer to play on sundays. Sad thing is, beating out Redman and Dwyer should not be that difficult.

I still wish we didnt go bottom of the barrel at OG with Williams and instead took a run at Demarcus Love when he was there in the 5th. The guy played OT for Arkansas, but looked to move inside as a mauler of a guard. Could have had a shot to beat out Foster at RG, but instead Williams will likely end up on the practice squad.

Nah, we must be able to blame Arians for something. Hey, maybe its his fault that there is a lockout...........yeah, that will take most fans mind off the lockout.
    Well, I know for a fact he's to blame for the high price of gas.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;160077]
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post

I like Batch as a replacement for Moore, but face it...we only dress 3 RB's on gameday and it means he will have to beat out Redman and Dwyer to play on sundays. Sad thing is, beating out Redman and Dwyer should not be that difficult.

I still wish we didnt go bottom of the barrel at OG with Williams and instead took a run at Demarcus Love when he was there in the 5th. The guy played OT for Arkansas, but looked to move inside as a mauler of a guard. Could have had a shot to beat out Foster at RG, but instead Williams will likely end up on the practice squad.
    I know how you feel Gonzo. I'm still stinging a little from watching Hurd pass by all day, and it did take me a while to warm up to Gilbert. I've come to the conclusion a long time ago that in the end, we just have to trust the judgment of the guys inside the war room. We will have a better Idea in 5 months if it was a good decision or not.

As far as Batch is concerned, I think either he or Dwyer will have to show that they want the 3rd down job, and from what I've see of Batch I wouldn't bet against him.

AML

If we're talking about the last back getting the job because of his third down abilities, Tex is on the money. Batch should win that job with ease. I know Dwyer has a year in the system but he looked awful in pass pro last year and is coming out of the triple option where Batch is coming out of a pass heavy offense where he was always blocking.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

In the event that there is no 2011 season, would the order of the 2012 draft remain what it was this year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    In the event that there is no 2011 season, would the order of the 2012 draft remain what it was this year?
    Probably not. Like the hockey lockout, there would likely be a lottery to determine the order with the worse teams' chances being weighted, as you see in the NBA.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

[QUOTE=Texasteel;160100]

I've come to the conclusion a long time ago that in the end, we just have to trust the judgment of the guys inside the war room.
    Right on. While we all may think oh they should have done this or that or whatever. From what we may have read about these players or seen in videos or during games. Their scouts/coaches/etc are the experts and go out and watch and work these guys out and actually talk with them/etc. Are they always right/perfect? No! But neither are we. While the some may question the picks, I'll trust in those who get paid to do this stuff over anyone else (be it draft sites/us here on the MB or whoever). I mean the whole draft is a crap shoot anyway...as Colbert said...they based their rankings/etc by what they saw on tape, how they worked out and interviews and they feel they got what they wanted...its not up to the players to continue that and live up to what they have the abilities to be...only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Probably not. Like the hockey lockout, there would likely be a lottery to determine the order with the worse teams' chances being weighted, as you see in the NBA.

You mean Caroline gets 32 chips, Denver gets 31, Buffalo get 30, the Patriots get 112?

AML

You mean Caroline gets 32 chips, Denver gets 31, Buffalo get 30, the Patriots get 112?
    So you're familiar with the process?

[QUOTE=7willBheaven;160125]

Right on. While we all may think oh they should have done this or that or whatever. From what we may have read about these players or seen in videos or during games. Their scouts/coaches/etc are the experts and go out and watch and work these guys out and actually talk with them/etc. Are they always right/perfect? No! But neither are we. While the some may question the picks, I'll trust in those who get paid to do this stuff over anyone else (be it draft sites/us here on the MB or whoever). I mean the whole draft is a crap shoot anyway...as Colbert said...they based their rankings/etc by what they saw on tape, how they worked out and interviews and they feel they got what they wanted...its not up to the players to continue that and live up to what they have the abilities to be...only time will tell.
    I get that and agree that the scouts and coaches have a much better idea of all these players than I do. But the point of this message board is to be able to debate other fan's opinions and the decisions the team makes. This board would be a lot more boring if we didn't do that.

[QUOTE=Chidi29;160135]
    Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post

I get that and agree that the scouts and coaches have a much better idea of all these players than I do. But the point of this message board is to be able to debate other fan's opinions and the decisions the team makes. This board would be a lot more boring if we didn't do that.
    Obviously...hahaha. Wouldnt be as fun to not get to bash people for their ugly mocks/etc, haha. I'm just speaking in general or aiming at the whiners out there (no one in particular).

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

lol, having trouble with the quoting feature 7willBheaven?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    lol, having trouble with the quoting feature 7willBheaven?
    No I'm not. Thats some board error...its done that for a number of posts today...there are a handful of them above mine that did the same thing.

Official Troll Array title="The Patriot is a name known to all"> The Patriot's Avatar

Yay, then we can trade down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    No I'm not. Thats some board error...its done that for a number of posts today...there are a handful of them above mine that did the same thing.
    That is odd - after seeing your post, I ran an optimization/repair of our database tables since I hadn't done it in a while. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.