Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seven Round Mock

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Re: Seven Round Mock

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    http://www.giantsgab.com/2011/04/02/...dric-thornton/

CEDRIC THORNTON, DT, SOUTHERN ARKANSAS
    Triangle Numbers: 6-3, 309, 5.26
    Scouting Reports:
    Sideline Scouting:
    Positives: Good size… Reasonably athletic… Solid interior rusher… Good burst off the snap… Good length and long arms… Good hand punch… Can get penetration… Flashes good power… Can win some battles for leverage… Good bull rusher… Holds the edge well… Can clog the middle… Good range… Gives a good effort… Plays with intensity… Good but inconsistent motor… Hard hitter… Mean streak… Schematic versatility, fits as a 4-3 UT or 3-4 LDE… Dominated his level of competition… Good upside, has the tools to develop.
    Negatives: Not much of an arsenal… Needs to improve lower body strength… Plays a little too upright at times and can be knocked off balance… On the ground too much… Can be engulfed at the point of attack… Inconsistent technique… Conditioning issues, wears down late in games… Character concerns… Was suspended for a drug related arrest in 2009… Missed two games due to suspension for violating team rules in 2010… Lack of competition playing at the division two level… Developmental prospect who could be taken off some boards due to character concerns!
    I read that. But where do you draw the selling heroin conclusion from? Lots of different degrees of "drug related arrest".

Banned Array title="steelerfan is an unknown quantity at this point">

Actually that was discussed on the radio on a Fox Radio draft show. They were talking about the Bad Character players, like Thornton, Ellis, Mallett, ect. And it got mentioned. They also said that while in Indy, Thornton did not Interview well at all. The guy on the radio said on the other hand that Kenrick Ellis did Interview well. Thornton is a 6th round at BEST player. And is a 3-4 DE, no NT. And as 3-4 DE's go, there are alot to choose from late in the draft with better numbers, or a better upside. Which is why the steelers will never even think of Thornton in this draft.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Ya know...I dont have problems with people having their own opinions on things/etc...but the ones who act like THEY know it all and everything THEY say is true/fact/etc...thats just sad/annoying. Nobody knows for sure (even so called "insiders") as to what a team will do or is thinking or whatever until it happens...NOBODY knows! Its just ridiculous when people do this...it makes you look like a fool...because you DONT know...you only THINK this or that...not saying these people are always wrong...but still until it happens dont act like you know everything as a 100% fact...that this or that will or wont happen. Its ALL...ALL a guessing game until it actually does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
    Ya know...I dont have problems with people having their own opinions on things/etc...but the ones who act like THEY know it all and everything THEY say is true/fact/etc...thats just sad/annoying. Nobody knows for sure (even so called "insiders") as to what a team will do or is thinking or whatever until it happens...NOBODY knows! Its just ridiculous when people do this...it makes you look like a fool...because you DONT know...you only THINK this or that...not saying these people are always wrong...but still until it happens dont act like you know everything as a 100% fact...that this or that will or wont happen. Its ALL...ALL a guessing game until it actually does happen.

I'm sorry but, who is doing this ? No one here is absolutely saying anything. Yes I disagree with Chidi with his Ijalana pick. But I base that on a players on the field performance, and against who ? As well as other factors. But I don't think anyone in this thread is acting like you claim. And I'm sorry if you think I am. I don't mean to.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Actually that was discussed on the radio on a Fox Radio draft show. They were talking about the Bad Character players, like Thornton, Ellis, Mallett, ect. And it got mentioned. They also said that while in Indy, Thornton did not Interview well at all. The guy on the radio said on the other hand that Kenrick Ellis did Interview well. Thornton is a 6th round at BEST player. And is a 3-4 DE, no NT. And as 3-4 DE's go, there are alot to choose from late in the draft with better numbers, or a better upside. Which is why the steelers will never even think of Thornton in this draft.
    I'm still not able to find anything specifying what exactly the arrest was for anywhere online.

Thornton's numbers were really good. Who did you have in mind who is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    I'm still not able to find anything specifying what exactly the arrest was for anywhere online.

Thornton's numbers were really good. Who did you have in mind who is better?

Well sir, to be honest it's easy for me. Having seen this guy play, and because we won't have to take him in round 1, so I don't care if he's 26 years old, I see ALOT of this guy ( look at below link )...in him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...1999&genpos=DE

Compare the 2 profiles Chidi. Look at the height, weight, and strength of my guy in this draft, to the one we took in 1999.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

And my guy can easily be had in the late 6th round.

I'm sorry but, who is doing this ? No one here is absolutely saying anything. Yes I disagree with Chidi with his Ijalana pick. But I base that on a players on the field performance, and against who ? As well as other factors. But I don't think anyone in this thread is acting like you claim. And I'm sorry if you think I am. I don't mean to.
    What you ARE doing is spreading false information.

Please check your facts before you post rumors. I had to do some research but Cedric Thornton has NEVER been arrested while in college and his suspension had "nothing to do with an arrest or drug related matters".... According to scout Josh Buchanon who talked to insiders at the school.
    http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...t-chat-1-11-11

Sometimes its as easy as doing a search through the local paper of the college in question....If they have no story about one of the star players being arrested....it did NOT happen.

Also keep in mind, you could have easily of figured out that "selling herion" is going to garner a player more than a two game suspension.

We pride ouselves here at SU in providing the best resourses for our meembers and guests...please be more careful in the future about posting, as truth, information from websites that are anything less than 100% accurate. We cannot have members created a potential liability issue for the site.

If we wanted false rumors...we would all read the bleacher report and pro football talk.

So....to clear matters up.

CEDRIC THORNTON WAS NOT ARRESTED/SUSPENDED FOR DRUG RELATED ACTIVITY
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Well sir, to be honest it's easy for me. Having seen this guy play, and because we won't have to take him in round 1, so I don't care if he's 26 years old, I see ALOT of this guy ( look at below link )...in him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...1999&genpos=DE

Compare the 2 profiles Chidi. Look at the height, weight, and strength of my guy in this draft, to the one we took in 1999.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

And my guy can easily be had in the late 6th round.
    I think there's one thing I want to clear up. I feel like we're not on the same page.

There are tons of ways the mock for the team could have gone. If I make one change anywhere, the whole mock changes. Big domino effect.

I get the feeling you think that I'm saying my mock is the only possibility. It certainly is not. If you want to wait on a DE and get Bair in the sixth, I understand that.

My idea is one of infinitely many solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    What you ARE doing is spreading false information.

Please check your facts before you post rumors. I had to do some research but Cedric Thornton has NEVER been arrested while in college and his suspension had "nothing to do with an arrest or drug related matters".... According to scout Josh Buchanon who talked to insiders at the school.
    http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...t-chat-1-11-11

Sometimes its as easy as doing a search through the local paper of the college in question....If they have no story about one of the star players being arrested....it did NOT happen.

Also keep in mind, you could have easily of figured out that "selling herion" is going to garner a player more than a two game suspension.

We pride ouselves here at SU in providing the best resourses for our meembers and guests...please be more careful in the future about posting, as truth, information from websites that are anything less than 100% accurate. We cannot have members created a potential liability issue for the site.

If we wanted false rumors...we would all read the bleacher report and pro football talk.

So....to clear matters up.

CEDRIC THORNTON WAS NOT ARRESTED/SUSPENDED FOR DRUG RELATED ACTIVITY

Hey LLT, but excuse me sir but................

Conditioning issues, wears down late in games… Character concerns… Was suspended for a drug related arrest in 2009… Missed two games due to suspension for violating team rules in 2010… Lack of competition playing at the division two level… Developmental prospect who could be taken off some boards due to character concerns!

What part of that don't you understand ? Your link only talks about Thornton's suspension for this past season. And not the 09 season, where he was absolutely arrested for drugs. Now, I only heard it was " H " from a draft scout on Fox radio. But the arrest DID happen absolutely. And my above link/source does npot come from Profootballtalk, or the Bleacher report.....MAN! Talk about spreading BS false rumors!

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

What part of that don't you understand ? Your link only talks about Thornton's suspension for this past season. And not the 09 season, where he was absolutely arrested for drugs. Now, I only heard it was " H " from a draft scout on Fox radio. But the arrest DID happen absolutely. And my above link/source does npot come from Profootballtalk, or the Bleacher report.....MAN! Talk about spreading BS false rumors!
    Do you have a link to this 2009 arrest? It would really help your credibility in this area.

Hey LLT, but excuse me sir but................

Conditioning issues, wears down late in games… Character concerns… Was suspended for a drug related arrest in 2009… Missed two games due to suspension for violating team rules in 2010… Lack of competition playing at the division two level… Developmental prospect who could be taken off some boards due to character concerns!

One of us is most certainly not understanding...let me see if I can get it across to you politely.

In 2009 he played 10 out of 10 games without a suspension. Therefore:

A) The school decided to overlook something as serious as "selling heroin" in 2009...
    B) Or it was transferred to the 2010 season, in which they equated such a violation as being the same as an academic failing, by only suspending him for two games.

Now...go back and re-read my post. I never said your source was Bleacher report or Pro football talk....but rather said that if we wanted rumor That is where we can go. Please dont make an accusation like that again, without merit.

I read through five different draft publications looking for any hint of an arrest. I then did an internet search and only found mention of it on sites that do not do their own research. I then checked the local papers for Southern Arkansas University....and I did what I can do legally through my job since I work in law enforcement.

He was NEVER arrested for selling heroin. Your "source" is wrong.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    One of us is most certainly not understanding...let me see if I can get it across to you politely.

In 2009 he played 10 out of 10 games without a suspension. Therefore:

A) The school decided to overlook something as serious as "selling heroin" in 2009...
    B) Or it was transferred to the 2010 season, in which they equated such a violation as being the same as an academic failing, by only suspending him for two games.

Now...go back and re-read my post. I never said your source was Bleacher report or Pro football talk....but rather said that if we wanted rumor That is where we can go. Please dont make an accusation like that again, without merit.

I read through five different draft publications looking for any hint of an arrest. I then did an internet search and only found mention of it on sites that do not do their own research. I then checked the local papers for Southern Arkansas University....and I did what I can do legally through my job since I work in law enforcement.

He was NEVER arrested for selling heroin. Your "source" is wrong.

Okay LLT, fine. Maybe I am wrong on that. But I did not make it up. This what was said on a national Radio show. But if I am wrong on that, I mo certainly am not wrong that the guy does have some Character concerns, right LLT ? And I am also not wrong that Cedric is considered more of a late 5th, early 6th round project, then a 4th rounder, right ? But hey, if Chidi likes him, fine with me. I assume you aren't as high on him cause I don't think you had him in your mock draft,,,,but I could be wrong there as well ( Wouldn't be the first time )

Don't worry LLT, and Texasteel, or Chidi. I'm gonna post who I THINK are the best, or most likely draft picks pretty soon, and then you'll ALL have a chance to whip me over the coals but good! :-)

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Some peoples kids.

My "ideal" mock draft.

1. Trade down. Hopefully there will be a team who hasn't already traded up. Concerned teams like New England and Baltimore will get deals done before us. Again though, ideal draft.

San Francisco seems like an ideal trade partner. They're trading up a good amount, about 15 picks, making it worth their while as opposed to a team like Cincy trading up just three spots. They can get their QB and there really isn't anyone I see worth taking at 31. I'd rather trade back and get the value instead of sitting there and taking a guy I'm not enamored with.

We trade: Our first and sixth rounder
    We get: Their second and third round

So our first pick is at 45. We take...

Ben Ijalana/OG Villanova: As we did in my other mock. A player that got me to change my opinion of him. Didn't like him at first but now think he's a top guard prospect. We need an upgrade at RG.

2. Curtis Brown/CB Texas: Sticking with my mock so far. Everything I've read on him sounds like he's a perfect Steelers cornerback.

3 (Pick #76 from San Fran): Kenrick Ellis/NT Hampton: It doesn't seem like the team is willing to take a nose tackle, maybe because of the fear of how long it'll take for one to develop or because Hampton and Hoke are still playing well. Ellis has a ton of upper body strength and will only get better with some work on his technique. Also has an amazing motor and has matured from his off the field incidents early in his college career.

3. Joseph Barksdale/OT LSU: Also like my mock. Big body with long arms who is a younger version of Flozell Adams.

4. Ugo Chinesa/OLB Oklahoma St: He's one of the best pure pass rushers in the draft. Not exaggerating at all. Wide repitore of moves and a good first step. Little tall to play OLB but he isn't that much taller than guys like Ware and Orakpo. Already has some experience dropping into coverage. Has long arms and large hands to be able to disengage from large lineman. Even though he's raw against the run, he has the frame to improve. Remember that Worilds was exlucsively a strong side linebacker at VT. Chinesa played RE and could play WOLB.

5. Kris Durham/WR Georgia: Big body, 6'5, who runs in the 4.4s and averaged over 20 yards a catch his senior year. Randle El could get cut and honestly, our depth at WR isn't as good as some think it is.

7. Frank Kearse/DE Alabama A&M: A player we've shown interest in. Hard-worker that paid off with a productive senior season. Aaron Smith came from a small school, too. Northern Colorado.