Thread: Marcus Cannon update

Scouting talent downunder Array title="Aussie_steeler is a name known to all"> Aussie_steeler's Avatar

Marcus Cannon update

Reports surfaced yesterday that Marcus Cannon's draft stock was falling due to reports of testicular cancer

Rumors began circulating of a possible Cannon illness when draft expert Josh Buchanan of JBScouting.com tweeted that Cannon “has testicular cancer . It’s treatable if dealt with soon.”
    Buchanan later went on to tweet that the former TCU starter has had zero workouts or private visits.
    “I was told they weren’t letting teams bring him in,” Buchanan tweeted. “Something’s up.”
    http://nflmocks.com/2011/04/14/draft-news-and-notes/

TCU issued a statement refuting the claims and as a result the article was pulled pretty quickly.

Reports that former TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon has been diagnosed with testicular cancer are untrue, a TCU athletic department official said Thursday.
    TCU Director of Media Relations Mark Cohen told the National Football Post that the early Thursday morning rumors that the 22-year-old Cannon had been diagnosed with cancer were “100 percent inaccurate.”
    “It’s a false report,” Cohen told NFP. “It stunned me. You wonder where did it come from? It’s disappointing that someone could just throw that out there.”
    http://sportdfw.com/2011/04/14/marcu...nt-inaccurate/

Pretty piss poor piece of journalism to start this story.

"NUMBER 7 FOR OUR BELOVED ONE IN HEAVEN"

Banned Array title="steelerfan is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Marcus Cannon update

Well I hope it's not true. But even if it were, it is the easiest thing to diagnose with a standard X-Ray. Also, if it is early on, it wouldn't hinder his playing at all. But that reporter could have opened himself up to a libel claim.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-have-cancer/

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, an expedited biopsy performed today confirmed that the mass, which has been present for years, is benign."

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Like you said Aussie, pretty poor journalism. It sounds like someone jumped to conclusions. Heard there was a mass and ran with it.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Just a small example of Dallas sports writing.

AML

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Glad to hear he's ok. I lost a childhood friend right after highschool to testicular cancer.