Thread: Steelers sign sixth-round pick

Steelers sign sixth-round pick

Steelers sign sixth-round pick
    6/15/2010

The Pittsburgh Steelers signed 6th-round pick Antonio Brown to three-year contract that included a $73,075 signing bonus according to Adam Schefter of ESPN via Twitter

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...k/Default.aspx
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Steelers sign sixth-round pick

The year of the 3 year deal! I'm glad he 's on board but what's with all the 3 year deals?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post
    The year of the 3 year deal! I'm glad he 's on board but what's with all the 3 year deals?
    If I'm not mistaken, don't the players become restricted free agents after their 3 years? This would make their new contracts essentially 4 years.
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Pouncey, Worilds, Sylvester, Scott, Butler, and Dwyer still left. We're gettin' there, it's been a good 2-3 days

I wish I could be at camp to see Brown returning punts and kickoffs....he had about 3500 return yards in college and might be a pleasant surprise!!!
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I wish I could be at camp to see Brown returning punts and kickoffs....he had about 3500 return yards in college and might be a pleasant surprise!!!
    Bye-bye Stefan Logan?

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    Bye-bye Stefan Logan?
    With all the returner talented players we have on the roster, more than likely yes

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Bye-bye Stefan Logan?
    That's what i'm thinking. These guys can play ST's AND WR. Tomlin loves him some versatility. And, no, Logan at RB is not a good fit imo. lol
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Steel Nerd Array title="Steely McSmash is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by solardave View Post
    I think the FO typically only does longer deals for earlier round players. 4 + yr deal is better if the guy sticks but I think typically gives out a bigger bonus.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Antonio Brown impresses in OTA's and now get's a deal. These last few days have been great for the signing! I can't wait to watch his return skills at training camp this year!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Nice. Lets keep 'em comming.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Championship !!!!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bye-bye Stefan Logan?
    I would not rush out and buy a Logan jersey if I were you.
    All Defense!

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I think Brown might be a pleasant surprise for the Steelers. I know they have not put the pads on but everything you hear about him is good. Like everyone else Logan will probably be gone this year.