Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Hines Ward Dancing with the Stars Thread

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

The Official Hines Ward Dancing with the Stars Thread

Because we have nothing better to do in the offseason...and the lockout

looked decent tonight i'll say
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Re: The Official Hines Ward Dancing with the Stars Thread

Go Hines Go Hines Go Hines...
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

There's that number again. 7.....7.....7

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

He certainly had his game face on early but when it was time for the show he had that Signature Smile!!!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I thought he did great and deserved 8's instead of 7's.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Actually, I was happy with 7s - a good solid start, with lots of room for improvement. The judges always like to see the dancers improve.

I must admit I haven't seen the entire show yet as Mr. Kitty had taken over the TV, but I did go back and watch Hines before going to bed. So although I can't say how he did relative to the others, I thought he did a very commendable job. Of course, I had already gotten my votes in - for those who might not know, you can vote at any point after the show begins and up to a half hour or so afterwards. (You can also vote online, but I don't, so can't speak to that.) The number will always be the same - 1-800-868-3403. Personally, I like to vote early when all the lines are still clear. Just saying...

Got a big kick out of seeing Franco waving his Terrible Towel, and will have to look for Jerome Bettis, who I understand was there as well. I heard what seemed like a lot of hoots and hollers for Hines - they couldn't all be from Franco and the Bus, so I got the impression he is pretty popular with the public, and hopefully will go far.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Hines got 66 votes from our house.....4 phones and 2 computer....11 each !! GO HINES !

I think Hines will probably have the most following because of the Steeler Nation and Steeler Universe, although it looks like Kirstey has some fans. Although the karate kid had some moves, I just don't see the votes mounting up like Hines is capable of having, the same with Kirstey who seems to be a favorite. Sugar Ray has some flexibility, but again, I just don't see the votes being more than Hines can get. It's definitely going to be a popularity challenge.......GO HINES !! He got 77 votes from our household.....4 phones 3 computers.....ugh, there's that 7 number again !!

Sorry for the extra post....the daughter voted with her laptop also !!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerone67 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steelerone67's Avatar

Oh look at me im Hines Ward I can spin and twirl and boogey on down with the best of them LOL!

So below is the time and place for the next show and the "rankings" of the first show LOL at Christy Alley doing better then Hines, Jericho and Sugar Ray! Wow Hines should fell worse after that then he did after his concusion!

They dance again next week at 8 p.m. Monday on WFTV-Channel 9. The first ejection comes on the results show at 9 p.m. next Tuesday. Catherwood and Williams look to be in jeopardy after the first round. Here's how I rate them:

1. Macchio

2. Alley

3. Kane

4. Ward

5. Romeo

6. Wilkinson

7. Nemcova

8. Jericho

9. Leonard

10. Williams

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

lol...WTF...lol.

Good job Hines...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I stopped watching after Hines went lol. I'm glad he went third.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Franco in the stands...jeezus...lol.

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Jerome was there - - sitting in an aisle seat in the 2nd row - - you can see his big smile and his hands clapping like crazy just after the dance is over when they are panning the audience - - before they zero'd in on Franco.... I really don't think that the producers and camera folk are really ready for the impact that Hines participation in the show is going to have on votes and ratings.... Not only is Hines a contestant, but he is a CONTENDER!!!!!!! He can win this thing...

I expected Macchio to do well, but Kirsty Alley really surprised me - - the only lead up hype about her was what a 'train-wreck' she was.... She was amazing, and Maks is the perfect partner for her... Talk about a magical 'booty'...... My goodness.......

Senior Member Array title="Steelerone67 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steelerone67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaduck43 View Post
    Jerome was there - - sitting in an aisle seat in the 2nd row - - you can see his big smile and his hands clapping like crazy just after the dance is over when they are panning the audience - - before they zero'd in on Franco.... I really don't think that the producers and camera folk are really ready for the impact that Hines participation in the show is going to have on votes and ratings.... Not only is Hines a contestant, but he is a CONTENDER!!!!!!! He can win this thing...

I expected Macchio to do well, but Kirsty Alley really surprised me - - the only lead up hype about her was what a 'train-wreck' she was.... She was amazing, and Maks is the perfect partner for her... Talk about a magical 'booty'...... My goodness.......
    I see that your a young ladie so im assuming you have watched the seasons of this show leading up to this one? Since you know that "Maks is the perfect partner for her" and idk who that is... but is he the one with the magical "booty" or Alley? J/W LOL

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Damn.. Hines killed it. He's taking this thing

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Didn't anyone else see that big ole cowboy hat behind Franco??? If I aint mistaken wasn't that the other Steeler who has a rule named after him??? I don't think my eyes were decieving me.

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerone67 View Post
    I see that your a young ladie so im assuming you have watched the seasons of this show leading up to this one? Since you know that "Maks is the perfect partner for her" and idk who that is... but is he the one with the magical "booty" or Alley? J/W LOL
    Oh, for sure, it is Maks with the magical booty, and abs, and smile and many other talents... I have watched every season of DWTS, and this one has the possibility of being one to remember!!!! I have always rooted for the NFL guys - - and even got to sort of like Chad Johnson last season - he was humble, and had some great moves and a great partner in Cheryl...

The Pro dancers have their own fan bases and followings... Kym was Warren Sapp's partner and took him to the finals, but he didn't have the basic talent and ability to do the moves that Hines has... Jason Taylor was amazing (and ended up in 2nd place) - his success, in my opinion, was based on his magnificent posture and long lines in holds and positions.... Emmett Smith was an absolute delight - partnered with Cheryl Burke - he did an amazing 'freestyle' in the finals that pushed him over the top - - and I seem to remember that their outfits on that dance were .......... wait for it ........... here it comes....... Black and Gold!!!!!!

Scuttlebutt has it that Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) has a strong dance background and has performed on and off Broadway in various musicals... He was by far the best last night, but his choreography was set up with very little dancing in hold, and was also very sparse in true FoxTrot moves.... Hines took control of his dance, and probably had some of the toughest choreo in the whole group...

I now have to go back and watch the video again to see if I can spot Blount!!!! He should be easy to spot with the Cowboy hat on - - now that I know what I am looking for.....

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Didn't anyone else see that big ole cowboy hat behind Franco??? If I aint mistaken wasn't that the other Steeler who has a rule named after him??? I don't think my eyes were decieving me.
    That Big Ol Cowboy happens to be Mr Mel Blount haha I knew I noticed that Hat. Im sorry Ive seen this show highlights from the other players and that crowd was like a mini Heinz Field. This is gonna have a huge impact. Well I voted and lets keep Stuffing the Ballot lol.

That Big Ol Cowboy happens to be Mr Mel Blount haha I knew I noticed that Hat. Im sorry Ive seen this show highlights from the other players and that crowd was like a mini Heinz Field. This is gonna have a huge impact. Well I voted and lets keep Stuffing the Ballot lol.
    Yep the Mel Blount Rule!!! All Steeler rules are named after tough guys unlike the tom brady or peyton manning rules.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

I tried for a solid hour last night to get my vote in but couldn't get through - kept getting a busy signal.

I have watched DWTS since the very first show in the very first season and this one is going to be one helluva competition. I think Hines got rooked last night with a total of 21. He has absolutely no dance experience and Macchio does. The only dancer I can't stomach because she's a conceited bitch is Macchio's partner, Karina Smirnoff.

I was shocked at how well Kirstie did considering her size and age. It's hilarious watching Len Goodman making faces at some of Bruno's antics.

Maxim makes me weak in the knees.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I want to see the results...STEELER NATION AWAKEN!!! OUR BROTHER HINES NEEDS US!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wouldn't know. I was too busy staring at his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    He certainly had his game face on early but when it was time for the show he had that Signature Smile!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The Bus, Franco, and Blount were there? If Cowher shows up, it's all over. Spit will be flying toward the judges.

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Okay, I've seen the show. And I've read the comments at TWOP (Television Without Pity) to get more of a feel from a non-sports community. The members take the board name seriously, and they can be very funny and honest to a fault. They hold back nothing.

After only ONE show:

Kirstie is a clear fan favorite, but there is concern whether she will have the stamina to last the whole season. However, Maks has a HUGE fan following himself, and many people will vote for him regardless of who his partner is. They will go pretty far.

Ralph is another clear fan favorite. I'd be most worried about him - he has all the audience goodwill in the world; I mean, who doesn't love the Karate Kid? Lots of nostalgia there, and it didn't hurt that he danced very well. There is concern if he can do as well in the Latin dances.

Hines is a solid third. Non-football fans seemed charmed by him and his work ethic and smile, and Steeler-haters were warming up to him against their will. Many comparisons to Emmitt Smith, who won his season. Football players generally do well, but you do have to vote. (Remember, big as Steeler Nation is, there are lots of people indifferent to football, not to mention the Anti-Steeler Nation faction.) Objectively, right now I would put him down as a lock for the finals, along with at least one of the other two above, but not necessarily the win.

There have been many ringers in the past, who have had a lot of dancing experience of one sort or another. Many of them win. It is not necessarily taken into consideration or counted against them. It's not fair, but there it is.

I think sevens are a good start. Both the audience and the judges like to see improvement. People who come out of the gate doing very well don't always go the distance. People like to see a non-dancer turn into a dancer - that is the charm of the show. Seeing a real good dancer stay a real good dancer isn't as compelling a story. That said, ringers have done well and even won in the past. Much depends on charisma, so Hines should do fine there.

For those having trouble voting, you can vote when they're first walking down the staircase. Hines' number will not change - it will always be 1-800-868-3403. You do not even have to watch the show if you don't want - just call at any point while the program is being aired and your votes will count.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

lets go hines!!!

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Do they ever have break-dancing on there ???

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Um....is it OK if I vote for Petra?

Did he goyet?

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Um....is it OK if I vote for Petra?
    i did for one of my votes