Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Hines Ward Dancing with the Stars Thread

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: The Official Hines Ward Dancing with the Stars Thread

I do think Hines looked pretty decent the past 2 weeks, and I do believe the STEELER NATION will prevail and help his chances greatly. BUT my thoughts and complaint is WHY can't we see the phone results ??? How do we know HOW MANY CALLS for Hines came in....what stops the show from 'stacking the deck' to favor who THEY WANT to win ?? We all know what points the judges are giving, but we have NO idea who the percentage of calls went to. You know within an hour after the show, with computer technology, they know the percentage of calls and to who....why can't that be posted on the web for ALL TO SEE !! Just my opinion, question and comlaint. What yinz say?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Holy Moly!! Who knew Hines had that kind of hip action!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hines dressed in black and gold with a little Terrible Towel wave at the end, a Potsie sighting in the audience, and the very first 9 of the season....perfect!

Junior Member Array title="Mamaduck43 has a brilliant future">

He and Kym were amazing - - - - - I got my 70 votes in......

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Tonight was Round 2 of Hines Ward on Dancing with the Stars. The focus of the evening was for each dancer to take something personal that they have a strong emotional attachment to, put it to a song that also has emotional value and wrap it all into a dance. As Len said at the beginning of the evening, taking something that is emotional and being able to translate that into a dance we can all connect to can be a difficult matter. Not so for our newly donned Hines ‘Twinkle Toes’ Ward.

The Lead in
    Ward decided to honor his mother and chose the song “Fantasy” by Earth Wind & Fire. The dance would be the Samba. The video leading up to the dance gave us insight to why Hines chose his mother. It’s a story that we, The Nation, are very familiar with. Ward’s mother wanted him to fully experience the American Dream. She worked very hard to continue making money so that she could retain custody of her son. When Ward made it to the NFL it was time for him to be able to support her. This dance was a way to give thanks, a celebration, for all her sacrifices. Ward said, “My mom is the heart and soul of who I am, so… whoop whoop!”.......

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/04/04...s-mom-on-dwts/

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Hines looked great last night . Nice showing by the Terrible Towels

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

OMG Hines was awesome last night doing the samba with Kym! Wow - he can really shake and shimmy those sexy hips! The judges voted 9, 8 and 8 (I think he should have had all 9's personally but that is rare in Week #3) for a total of 25 and Hines and Kym share the leaderboard this week with Petra and Dmitry. No doubt about it - Hines is a serious contender to make it to and win the final!

For those who missed this great performance, you can watch it below:

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I loved seeing his mom in the audience, she looks so sweet and one Helluva an inspiration to her son. Her never quit attitude was taken to heart by Hines and is what makes me so proud to have him on our team. He is a true sports hero in a day and age where there are so few.

Thank you Hines Ward and Thank you Hines Ward's Mom!!! Steeler Nation is proud of both of you!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    OMG Hines was awesome last night doing the samba with Kym! Wow - he can really shake and shimmy those sexy hips! The judges voted 9, 8 and 8 (I think he should have had all 9's personally but that is rare in Week #3) for a total of 25 and Hines and Kym share the leaderboard this week with Petra and Dmitry. No doubt about it - Hines is a serious contender to make it to and win the final!

For those who missed this great performance, you can watch it below:

He really looks like he is having fun out there dancing and leave it to Hines to bring his "A" game to everything he does!!! Go Hines!!!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I loved seeing his mom in the audience, she looks so sweet and one Helluva an inspiration to her son. Her never quit attitude was taken to heart by Hines and is what makes me so proud to have him on our team. He is a true sports hero in a day and age where there are so few.

Thank you Hines Ward and Thank you Hines Ward's Mom!!! Steeler Nation is proud of both of you!!!
    Hines' Mom is soooooo cute! A lady of class who put her child first in life (unlike a lot of young parents today) and did whatever she had to do to raise and guide him into chasing his dreams until he caught and fulfilled them. Hines is now returning that love by taking care of his Mom and I have nothing but the deepest admiration and respect for him, not only as a player, but as a son. GO HINES!

Kym needs a huge amount of credit for designing choreography that is both beautiful and exciting - - and she certainly knows how to tweak Hines' sense of wanting to be the best... I went to a couple of 'dance' boards last night and they were raving about how difficult some of the samba moves Hines did are for 'experienced' dancers to do, and he pulled them off without a hitch... He is in this to win it and it shows....

I still think that his chief competition right now is Ralph Macchio, but his dancing lessons since he was 4 years old and Broadway experience just show a very one dimensional performer so far - - he just poses while Karina dances around him - - her typical choreography.... (I don't like her much - - never did)....... Kirstie has the fan base, and the ability - - I think she is a threat... The Disney girl, Chelsey, is moving up, but Romeo and Sugar Ray didn't do as well as I expected last night.... Interesting season....

And the Terrible Towel finale` was just perfect.... Gotta love it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaduck43 View Post
    Kym needs a huge amount of credit for designing choreography that is both beautiful and exciting - - and she certainly knows how to tweak Hines' sense of wanting to be the best... I went to a couple of 'dance' boards last night and they were raving about how difficult some of the samba moves Hines did are for 'experienced' dancers to do, and he pulled them off without a hitch... He is in this to win it and it shows....

I still think that his chief competition right now is Ralph Macchio, but his dancing lessons since he was 4 years old and Broadway experience just show a very one dimensional performer so far - - he just poses while Karina dances around him - - her typical choreography.... (I don't like her much - - never did)....... Kirstie has the fan base, and the ability - - I think she is a threat... The Disney girl, Chelsey, is moving up, but Romeo and Sugar Ray didn't do as well as I expected last night.... Interesting season....

And the Terrible Towel finale` was just perfect.... Gotta love it....
    I'm happy that Kym finally got a good partner in Hines - she hasn't had the luck that Derek Hough had the last couple of years (don't like him or Karina the bitch).

Ralph Macchio may make it to the semi-finals but I still see Hines leaving him in the dust. For a guy who has absolutely no dance experience, Hines really knows how to move and groove. Can't wait to see him doing the jive!

I hope it doesn't come down to fan base as Kirstie has that. I don't like seeing DWTS turning into a popularity contest like the season Donny Osmond won. After the first 3 weeks, though, I think Hines has been the best and most consistently good dancer.

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I'm happy that Kym finally got a good partner in Hines - she hasn't had the luck that Derek Hough had the last couple of years (don't like him or Karina the bitch).

Ralph Macchio may make it to the semi-finals but I still see Hines leaving him in the dust. For a guy who has absolutely no dance experience, Hines really knows how to move and groove. Can't wait to see him doing the jive!

I hope it doesn't come down to fan base as Kirstie has that. I don't like seeing DWTS turning into a popularity contest like the season Donny Osmond won. After the first 3 weeks, though, I think Hines has been the best and most consistently good dancer.
    Kristie does have a good sized fan base, but I think with the size of the Steeler fan base, and especially if Kristie and/or her partner falls again, Hines will be looking pretty good.

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

I would bet any amount of money that Kirstie and Maks got the most votes last night, due to the sympathy factor and the fact that after Maks pulled it together they danced very well indeed.

I still call a Kirstie/Ralph/Hines final three, assuming Kirstie has the stamina and Maks is not seriously hurt. (Maks has an enormous fan following of his own, and he and Kirstie work well together.)

Ralph has all the audience goodwill in the world and dances pretty well too. However, he is not improving as much as Hines has done - his first dance was his best - and apparently doesn't have the natural hip action the judges all love to see while Hines is pretty good at shaking what his momma gave him.

That said, Hines did wonderfully last night. I would vote for him no matter how he danced (at least up to a certain point - I woudn't vote too long if he was, say, Wendy Williams bad) but he makes it easy because he is really, really doing spectacularly well - much better than I thought he would be, to be honest. He is earning those votes, and winning new fans along the way. I've seen several people saying they didn't know who Hines Ward was when the show started but he is so charming with his smiling all the time and how much fun he is having and has done well with all of his dances that he is now their favorite. From what I've seen, he is still seen pretty much as an underdog, a "stealth" finalist as it were, and I think that works in his favor. There are a lot of week ahead but I think Hines is right where he needs to be.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Hine's definitely looked awesome last night, and I do think he's starting to build up a good fan base. Loved the TERRIBLE TOWEL statement. I think he'll be in it for the long haul. I'm not sure I agree with the following fan base for Kirstie and Maks. And I'm sure there will be some sympathy votes for them after the fall, but not enough to keep them in it for the long run. She's just not a dancer and has no rythme. Just my opinion. But I know nothing of the dancing they do on DWTS, I'm just a get on the floor and groove the thing guy. I'm voting for Hines cuz it's Steeler Nation and it's the right thing to do !! GO STEELER's.

Hines to himself: "Shit, I gotta do this again."

And Hines is .......... safe!!

Rock Groupie Array title="GutterflowerSteel is a glorious beacon of light"> GutterflowerSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    I would bet any amount of money that Kirstie and Maks got the most votes last night, due to the sympathy factor and the fact that after Maks pulled it together they danced very well indeed.

I still call a Kirstie/Ralph/Hines final three, assuming Kirstie has the stamina and Maks is not seriously hurt. (Maks has an enormous fan following of his own, and he and Kirstie work well together.)

Ralph has all the audience goodwill in the world and dances pretty well too. However, he is not improving as much as Hines has done - his first dance was his best - and apparently doesn't have the natural hip action the judges all love to see while Hines is pretty good at shaking what his momma gave him.

That said, Hines did wonderfully last night. I would vote for him no matter how he danced (at least up to a certain point - I woudn't vote too long if he was, say, Wendy Williams bad) but he makes it easy because he is really, really doing spectacularly well - much better than I thought he would be, to be honest. He is earning those votes, and winning new fans along the way. I've seen several people saying they didn't know who Hines Ward was when the show started but he is so charming with his smiling all the time and how much fun he is having and has done well with all of his dances that he is now their favorite. From what I've seen, he is still seen pretty much as an underdog, a "stealth" finalist as it were, and I think that works in his favor. There are a lot of week ahead but I think Hines is right where he needs to be.
    What SHE said!

I can't get any Bengals fans to admit he's good.

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

He even has the judges twirling the towel tonight. Ward's wife was in attendance tonight.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

There is a lady at work who told me earlier last season she wanted to see a player who is good to his mom...so I instantly smiled and introduced her to Hines. I showed her articles about Hines and his mom and showed her pictures of his trip Korea after winning the Superbowl MVP, and of course his never faiding Grin!!!

She has since had a somewhat Shine for Hines, but that dance dedicated to his mom with her in the audience sinched it...she's now a Steeler fan!!!

Welcome to Steeler Nation Artie!!!

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Hines is killing it. With his great dancing and the votes of Steeler Nation I see him going far!!

SteelerSal

I still have not watched it....

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

I usually only watch Hines Sal. Unless my g/f makes me....

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I usually only watch Hines Sal. Unless my g/f makes me....
    I just can't do it..I could never get into any of those talent shows.

I went into my crafts' bin and dug out some Black and Gold sequins and beads - - I am now sewing them on to one of my Terrible Towels and will be using it on Monday nights for the duration of the DWTS season..... Gotta get that 'bling' and 'glitz' going and get more into the proper mood....
    The athletes almost always do well on the show, but Hines is bringing a new enthusiasm and talent to the show... I have been to a few message boards where even Browns and Ravens fans have said that they have been casting votes for Hines and Kym..... Amazing.....

Just happy to be here!! Array title="Polamalu Princess has a reputation beyond repute"> Polamalu Princess's Avatar

Hines is doing very well. It is a joy to watch him dance.

Angel Baby Faith our one and only 1/11/00 - 9/9/16 We love you.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    I just can't do it..I could never get into any of those talent shows.
    But Sal It's Hines!!! The Psycho Ward!!!

You remember the guy who stated before the 75th anniversary game that he gets manicures and pedicures before he went out on the field and did this...

Any WR who can do that has my complete RESPECT!!!

SteelerSal

But Sal It's Hines!!! The Psycho Ward!!!

You remember the guy who stated before the 75th anniversary game that he gets manicures and pedicures before he went out on the field and did this...

Any WR who can do that has my complete RESPECT!!!
    Always will respect Hines....Never will watch him dance though....even you can't make or convince me, brother Butch.

Junior Member Array title="Goaline is an unknown quantity at this point">

It's funny seeing one of the hardest hitting WR's to ever play the game dancing, along with Chris Jericho, ha

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    Always will respect Hines....Never will watch him dance though....even you can't make or convince me, brother Butch.
    LOL I got ya' bro and there is no way on God's Green Earth I would have ever watched the show if it wasn't for Hines.

Just curious would you watch if it was James Harrison or big Snack???

SteelerSal

LOL I got ya' bro and there is no way on God's Green Earth I would have ever watched the show if it wasn't for Hines.

Just curious would you watch if it was James Harrison or big Snack???
    No..just can't watch shows like that...