Thread: Steelers Season-Ticket Payments Due As Normal

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Season-Ticket Payments Due As Normal

The Steelers expect fans to make season-ticket payments for the 2011 season, even though it could be wiped out by the NFL lockout. In a letter to season-ticket holders, team president Art Rooney II said "payments are due, consistent with past practices." Ticket payments are due in full by May 2. "If games are lost to a work stoppage, we will provide refunds for any games cancelled," Rooney said in the letter. The Steelers, coming off a loss to the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV, did not raise ticket prices for 2011. The team also did not raise prices after playing in Super Bowls XL and XLIII.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Re: Steelers Season-Ticket Payments Due As Normal

Not surprising...I would still make everyone pay too. And if by some slim chance any games are missed...then they can get their money back for that game(s).

Steelers fan, circa 1985 Array title="BigNastyDefense is a name known to all"> BigNastyDefense's Avatar

IMHO, that's the right way to do it. There could still be a full slate of games. You can't make your payment a day before the season starts and expect to get your payment processed and be at the game the next day.

Like Art II said, they will be refunded for any games canceled due to the work stoppage.

RIP Marianne "HTG" - You'll Always Be With Us
    Follow me on Twitter @Blue_Collar_Guy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's bullshit. Other teams are not making fans pay. The Steelers could do the same.

Refunded...lol...after they make money of the fans' coin...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's bullshit. Other teams are not making fans pay. The Steelers could do the same.
    Only the Giants are allowing season ticket holders to defer payment until after the lockout, apparently:

The New York Giants will not require season ticket holders to pay their invoice until the NFL lockout has been resolved.

They are reportedly the only team in the league taking this approach.
    Giants Deferring Season Ticket Payments Until Lockout Ends

Yes, 31 of the 32 NFL teams are requiring that payments be made for next season's games even though, at present, those games are not going to happen.
    31 Of 32 NFL Teams Requiring Payments For 2011 Season

However, I agree with the sentiment that it's bullshit and think that only the Giants have the right idea here.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

At least the Steelers aren't asking any of their employees to take a pay cut or unpaid furlough like many teams are.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

like everthing else during this freaking lockout it SUCKS, but if you want your tickets what are you gonna do? again the fan gets the screw

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    like everthing else during this freaking lockout it SUCKS, but if you want your tickets what are you gonna do? again the fan gets the screw
    Why does it suck? Have they cancelled the season? As far as I know they still plan on playing this year, so of course you go about it as normal until you have reason to believe something is going to change.

By the way it's only March!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Why does it suck? Have they cancelled the season? As far as I know they still plan on playing this year, so of course you go about it as normal until you have reason to believe something is going to change.

By the way it's only March!
    well as a hockey fan i have the same feeling i had during hockeys lockout. I dont think we are going to have a full season at all maybe not even one at all. the parallels between bettman and gotohell are to eerie. i know it is march, but again i gotta feeling and it isnt good.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga