Thread: Ryan Mundy

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ryan Mundy

He did quite a reasonable job starting for Troy against the Jets and Panthers. He's only 26 years old and been in the league for 2 seasons. Perhaps he snuck up under our noses as a legitimate contributor...Honestly, how many people were thrilled and interested in this pick when we drafted him.

I dont know about you guys but I'm really going to be keeping an eye on this kid...
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="XxKnightxX has a spectacular aura about"> XxKnightxX's Avatar

Re: Ryan Mundy

Troy isnt getting any younger and I think the lack of depth from the Zone Blitz defense has been our weakness, We need to start developing more depth. Our Defense is gettin gmore injury prone, Hampton , Keisel, Smith, Troy, McFadden.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

No love for the young up and comer? I guess that's why he's under the radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The Steelers would probably lose him before he would become a full time starter, but he did play good in those two games. Who knows, maybe him and Troy would be a nice safety combo.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

I like him he seems to be coming into his own as a player and you like to see that in a young guy

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Just like WV predecessor, Mike Logan, he does a nice job at what he does, and that is backup safety

Right now I like him at that spot, but can he be better? Some players bloom late, so you never know....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="shutdown will become famous soon enough"> shutdown's Avatar

I still think Mundy is a project. He is great in a backup role and fills in when needed. However i've always thought of this as a team with 3 FS and 1 SS. Then again, I might be confused at what a SS might truly be with all the freedom Polamalu gets.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, strictly a backup and special teamer. Somewhat of a disappointment in his time here. Could find some more depth in the draft or another free agent to improve upon what Mundy gives.