Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison and Clark asking to be Fined Again

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Harrison and Clark asking to be Fined Again

James Harrison, Ryan Clark say the Patriots got what they deserved

Any bets on how much they get tagged for this? I'm betting at least $20K each.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Harrison and Clark asking to be Fined Again

Link didn't work Bro.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Link didn't work Bro.
    Fixed it. The one time I didn't double-check it before posting.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think they have been reading the posts here. Yep, that's probably good for 20K each.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

They probably will, because God forbid someone talk ill of Der Kommissar's favorite team. But I bet most fans outside of New England will agree with them.

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Don't put a target on your back. You don't have to say everything you're thinking.

I don't think they will get fined though. If Harrison can say what he did about Goodell without issue, then this shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Don't put a target on your back.
    Little late for that. But of course it's perfectly OK for a lard-assed employee of the league's network to diss an entire fan base on Twitter (see Warren Sapp's recent comments directed at Steelers fans after the Broncos game).

Senior Member Array title="SteelerEmpire has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerEmpire's Avatar

The Ravens players talked plenty of smack when we got "Tebowed". But G-Hell has a hard on for Steelers players.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    James Harrison, Ryan Clark say the Patriots got what they deserved

Any bets on how much they get tagged for this? I'm betting at least $20K each.
    Don't forget 2 draft picks to the Cheats*

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Little late for that. But of course it's perfectly OK for a lard-assed employee of the league's network to diss an entire fan base on Twitter (see Warren Sapp's recent comments directed at Steelers fans after the Broncos game).
    I didn't say that was ok either.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Don't put a target on your back. You don't have to say everything you're thinking.

I don't think they will get fined though. If Harrison can say what he did about Goodell without issue, then this shouldn't be a problem.
    Then don't cheat without suffering the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Then don't cheat without suffering the backlash.
    And I said what they did was wrong too.

But that was five years ago. Let's not forget it, but at the same time, don't harp on it.
    t

And I said what they did was wrong too.

But that was five years ago. Let's not forget it, but at the same time, don't harp on it.
    t
    It's not just this board "harping" on it. They are hated by many of teams' fans for it. Dark clouds never go away. Facts are facts: They are 0-2 in the Super Bowls since Spygate. Period.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

also did they even play against the pats in bens rookie season??

i don't know for sure but we had hope & porter then.

either way, it is what it is. it's a fact they cheated just the commish blocked the years of tapes from getting released so it's fair play to talk about. hopefully brady & belicheck never win another, i believe in karma!

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

They wont and shouldnt.

Senior Member Array title="7willBheaven is on a distinguished road"> 7willBheaven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post

either way, it is what it is. it's a fact they cheated just the commish blocked the years of tapes from getting released so it's fair play to talk about. hopefully brady & belicheck never win another, i believe in karma!
    Didnt the Pats beat the Steelers in the AFC Champ. Game that year? The Steelers were 15-1 but didnt make the SB.

Senior Member Array title="BlacknGoldBabe has a spectacular aura about">

Talk about abuse of someone's right to free speech. If that ass can of a commissioner can say whatever he wants, what right does he have fining anyone for saying what they want?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I know they wont get fined, because they were telling the truth as they believe it, and that truth is documented by the fact that the Patriots were punished for in fact cheating.

It might not sit well with some people in the league office, but there's not a damn thing they can do about it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post

Oh man how quickly we forget!!! Yes they came into Pittsburgh with a huge winning streak on holloween and we destroyed them, then went on to beat the eggles the very next week on the next biggest win streak. Then in the championship game they turned the tables on us. Hines Ward said it was like they knew our plays before we ran them.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Speaking of Patriots ball-washing....apparently Hensley at BSPN is in on the act as well. I guess James and Ryan might hurt wittle Tommy's feewings.

Harrison insults Patriots after Super Bowl

Harrison has a long reputation for cheap shots on the field, many of which can defended by his old-school mentality of playing football. But there is no defending this cheap shot. It was a low blow, and Harrison should know better.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ter-super-bowl

Can we start a movement to get this clown out of there? At least James Walker made somewhat of an attempt at journalism. It's like Tim Lumber is now running the AFC North blog over there. Like FS 76 said, Where was the outrage at Sapp's insults aimed at the entire Steelers' fanbase after the Steelers loss?
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Hines Ward said it was like they knew our plays before we ran them.
    Don't forget Arians was at the helm and everyone knew the plays we'd be running.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    Don't forget Arians was at the helm and everyone knew the plays we'd be running.
    Arians was not the OC in 2004, which is what Hines was referencing with that comment that he made in 2007 after Spygate took off.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu View Post
    Except that was before Arians was OC.

I commend Clark and Harrison. There is nothing classless about continuing to remind people about what a disgrace and travesty Goodell's burying of the worst scandal in the history of the NFL actually was.
    Fire Goodell

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I'm not worried about it and neither are Harrison and Clark. They know what they said was 100% the truth and if a fine did come out of it would they care, probably not.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Yes, since when can you be fined for telling the truth?
    Fire Goodell

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Yes, since when can you be fined for telling the truth?
    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if GODell does step up and say something to Harrison, but fining someone for the truth would be crazy.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Nevermind.

Nevermind.
    Actually, you're right. The Cheaters DID win....3 whole Super Bowls worth of winning. Cheaters unfortunately sometimes do win.
    Fire Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    Arians was not the OC in 2004, which is what Hines was referencing with that comment that he made in 2007 after Spygate took off.
    Yes, but why let facts stand in the way of another gratuitous shot at Arians?