Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Round Pick Emmanuel Sanders Signed By The Pittsburgh Steelers

3rd Round Pick Emmanuel Sanders Signed By The Pittsburgh Steelers

3rd Round Pick Emmanuel Sanders Signed By The Pittsburgh Steelers
    by Frank Mineo (DYMS) on Jun 14, 2010 6:41 PM EDT 2 comments

According to a reliable source, the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed Emmanuel Sanders today to a contract. The contract is rumored to be for three years and in the range of about two million dollars. Sanders himself is the reliable source after posting on his twitter account the following:

Sanders is a speedster who posted some exceptional numbers during his time at small school Southern Methodist, posting 958 yards and nine touchdown in ten games last season, even if they were posted in June Jones somewhat unorthodox offense. If Sanders is able to have even a small portion of the impact that last years third round pick, Mike Wallace, was able to produce it would surely help lessen the impact of trading away Santonio Holmes this off-season for a bag of rice. Cheers to the newest Steeler, Emmanuel Sanders.
    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...manuel-sanders
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="BlastFurnace will become famous soon enough"> BlastFurnace's Avatar

Re: 3rd Round Pick Emmanuel Sanders Signed By The Pittsburgh Steelers

Good...because we really need one of our young receivers to step in and play well this season. Good to see he is signed. I have high hopes for he and Brown.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Freakin' fantastic!!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Could be the next JOHN Stallworth coming from a small school and everything. Good thing he took the deal because Antonio Brown is already breathing down his neck.

We might hit a speed bump this season because of all the controversy, but we should be primed for the future provided we stay healthy. The only comparison might be the 1972 Dolphins when Errol Morral stepped in for Griese. However, they had a few decent RBs named Csonka, Kiick, and Mercury Morris. I don't remember the name of anybody on defense.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
    Good...because we really need one of our young receivers to step in and play well this season. Good to see he is signed. I have high hopes for he and Brown.
    Me too. I would love for him to pan out as well as Wallace did.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Just checked out his highlights ( I don't follow college ball beyond Hawkeye games).
    Looks like he's got good hands.

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Glad we got him inked.

By the way, is it just me or do the signings seem to happening in a weird order this year? In past past seasons it seemed like we followed a pattern of last to first. Maybe not?

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

This is great news...looking foward to watching him play
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Do no harm - take no shit Array title="Killer is on a distinguished road"> Killer's Avatar

What's with these 3 year contracts?

One year now - then 2 with no football during the holdout and we have to resign him?

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Good to see the kid signed and we have some young talent coming from the wide receiver position. I like his speed and his hands like a younger Mike Wallace, I hope in the future he pans out to be a worthy pick!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Just checked out his highlights ( I don't follow college ball beyond Hawkeye games).
    Looks like he's got good hands.
    In this case I was lucky to live in Dallas, and got to see him. He can run after the catch, and I think will surprise you with some of his down feild blocks. I can wait till TC.

AML

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

If Sanders is able to have even a small portion of the impact that last years third round pick, Mike Wallace, was able to produce it would surely help lessen the impact of trading away Santonio Holmes this off-season for a bag of rice.
    I sure hope so

With a better commitment to the run the #3 receiver won't be needed as much as last year. If he becomes the 3rd receiver over El I'll be happy. I love El, but it would be great if we didn't NEED him

Time for the young guys to step up. That's counting antonio brown and hopefully tyler grisham too
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Junior Member Array title="Pi Kapp Steeler is an unknown quantity at this point">

As long as he can catch the hard/bad throws, im ok with this kid

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer View Post

One year now - then 2 with no football during the holdout and we have to resign him?
    A three year deal is the norm for these guys. In times of uncertainty it's best to keep things as normal as possible.

A lockout isn't a definite anyway.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

great news! I cant wait to see him play!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

'Colonel' Sanders...

Is it too soon for nicknames?

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

I just had an exchange with him on Twitter.

Prok2 @Esanders88 Welcome to the best team in the league! No need tellin' ya you have huge assed shoes 2 fill with #88. lol

Esanders88 @Prok2 - no doubt there's huge shoes to fill. I've been watching film of Swann to see how he was so great. I can't wait to ball out!!!!!!
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

They were known as the No Name Defense !

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Could be the next JOHN Stallworth coming from a small school and everything. Good thing he took the deal because Antonio Brown is already breathing down his neck.

We might hit a speed bump this season because of all the controversy, but we should be primed for the future provided we stay healthy. The only comparison might be the 1972 Dolphins when Errol Morral stepped in for Griese. However, they had a few decent RBs named Csonka, Kiick, and Mercury Morris. I don't remember the name of anybody on defense.

SteelerSal

I have a feeling that Santonio will be quickly forgotten early in the season when our young recieving corps steps up and produces!!

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

I question whether or not he'll make an impact as a receiver right away. I remember him saying that his route running was very raw and the Shrine game was one of his first times experiencing the entire route tree. A spread offense will do that to a player. His return capibility could be huge this year if he beats out Logan.

Nationalfootballpost is reporting that he'll earn the following base salaries: 320, 405, 490K respectively.

Senior Member Array title="MULLDOG24 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Really glad to have this kid on board. I hope this kid has as good of a rookie season as Wallace did.

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by Prok View Post
    I just had an exchange with him on Twitter.

Very cool!

Senior Member Array title="CanadianSteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> CanadianSteel's Avatar

Good job by the Steeler front office getting these kids signed and into camp, now keep the ball rolling. Hopefully him or Brown can step up and provide an impact quickly this year.

Very cool Prok, and liked his response !

clowns hater Array title="Prok is an unknown quantity at this point"> Prok's Avatar

Yet another reply by him:

Esanders88 @Prok2 - Hines is a great. I'm like a sponge trying to soak up everything he tell me...
    When asked about what it was like to meet Hines Ward.

I gotta say, i'm gettin' more and more impressed with this kid. I like the fact he took time to reply to me... TWICE!!
    Even the best of men can be self-absorbed and self-righteous.

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Prok View Post
    Yet another reply by him:

When asked about what it was like to meet Hines Ward.

I gotta say, i'm gettin' more and more impressed with this kid. I like the fact he took time to reply to me... TWICE!!
    why didn't you leave him the link to this site ?

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

I'm really liking the fact that we are getting these guys signed.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I believe that the term of the contract does not lapse during the duration of the possible work stoppage. For instance, if there is no football in 2011, then Sanders will still have 2 years left on the contract. Guys dont get paid a years salary for not completing their contract and playing football.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

It is great to get him signed and hopefully he can produce at a pretty high level. With Brown showing some promise this could bring a crowed receiving core to Pittsburgh. We already know that Ward and Wallace will be no.1 and 2 and probably Randle El will probably be no. 3 but after that we have Sanders, Brown and Battle. It could be a very interesting trainning camp.

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

I was thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's signed but why only 3 years. Isn't this the second 3 year deal? What's up with that?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    'Colonel' Sanders...

Is it too soon for nicknames?
    Well... let's just say that there's plenty of time to come up with a better nickname.