Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy football

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Re: Fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by KATK9 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this commercial, but I thought it was pretty funny, and by the way, Good Luck everyone this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZeDvHcRH8
    That is hilarious!

Good Luck to y'all!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Well if my doorbell rings today, I'm answering while armed. lol

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Hey KAT - I cannot get into my team in this league even though I am registered in a group of ESPN FFL's and have no problem getting into any my other teams. I called ESPN and they told me what the problem is. Please check your PM box. Thanks.

Senior Member Array title="KATK9 is on a distinguished road"> KATK9's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken Ryan is PalmerSteel, and the league you may be talking about is the one he created last year that we all played together on. The league that I created Steelers Universe Keeper League, and you are a part of that one, remember just not too long ago, we just had our draft.

Have A Good Day

Anyone else having problems?

Senior Member Array title="PalmerSteel is on a distinguished road"> PalmerSteel's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken Ryan is PalmerSteel, and the league you may be talking about is the one he created last year that we all played together on. The league that I created Steelers Universe Keeper League, and you are a part of that one, remember just not too long ago, we just had our draft.

Have A Good Day
    yeah, i was just about to get on and send htg a reply to this email i juts read and say that. HTG, delete that shortcut. this league was from last year and is not active.
    "I think they can count on me. And I want them to be able to count on me."
    ~ Big Ben Roethlisberger, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerSteel View Post
    yeah, i was just about to get on and send htg a reply to this email i juts read and say that. HTG, delete that shortcut. this league was from last year and is not active.
    I'm in 27 leagues this season and had a brain fart on this one. Sorry for the mix-up, Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I'm in 27 leagues this season and had a brain fart on this one. Sorry for the mix-up, Ryan.

Lol 27 leagues. You got it bad sister.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I scored 272 points!!!!!!!!!!.................................. ......AND LOST!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's what happens when your playing against a team that scores 301.5 pts.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Well that's what happens when your playing against a team that scores 301.5 pts.

Thats depressing...my recievers screwed me. Thats ok, I gotta solid team, Im excited for the season

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Lol 27 leagues. You got it bad sister.
    Yeah I do. I love me some FF! Haven't gotten into Fantasy Hockey just yet but I may take a stab at it next season.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    I scored 272 points!!!!!!!!!!.................................. ......AND LOST!!!!!!!!!!
    I would be very pissed if that happened to me.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Yeah I do. I love me some FF! Haven't gotten into Fantasy Hockey just yet but I may take a stab at it next season.
    it's fun as hell seriously give it a go!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
    it's fun as hell seriously give it a go!
    I just might take a shot at it next season.

Out of my 27 teams, I did pretty well this week - EXCEPT in the two SU leagues I'm in. Baby Eli shit the bed last night and that hurt. Oh well - there's a lot of season left to be played!

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Apologies...I was unable to adjust my line-up the first week due to some personal issues. Did not want anyone thinking I walked away from the league...barring any unexpected set-backs, it shouldn't happen again.
    Fire Goodell

I hope everything's alright Suitanim.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Yup! Good to go...
    Fire Goodell

Dangling some trade bait to see what others might be interested in: I have a solid cadre of WR's, and am looking to possibly trade for a RB.

I have Larry Fitzgerald, Josh Cribbs, Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, and Brandon Lloyd. I don't come here very often, so email me or post up a trade offer on the espn site if you are interested.

Thanks!
    Fire Goodell

Here's what 43HitMan had to say "My team may suck but at least I'm trying. If you joined the league then you have a responsibility to set your rosters whether or not you're in contention to win the league or not".

Here's what I would like to add.

"Don’t Be a Deadbeat Owner

There are very few things that upset a fantasy owner more than getting into the middle of the season, finding themselves in the middle of a division race, and realizing that their closest competitor is playing a team whose owner decided he’s out of the running and hasn’t put in a valid lineup, or at least a lineup with players who are actually playing that week.

The reality is, not every owner is going to have a great season every year. This is a fact. Sometimes your first round choice is going to go down in week one and your season is going to be in trouble from the get go. Sometimes you’ll be almost good enough every week, but lose by single digits week in and week out, ending up with a lousy record by mid-season in spite of your best efforts. Regardless of the reasons, when your team has gone south it is completely unacceptable for you to abandon your team. There is any number of reasons for this, but first and foremost is gamesmanship. It’s like walking away in the middle of a Monopoly game that you’re a bit behind in. It’s like quitting when you don’t like the score of a pick-up basketball game or softball game in your neighborhood. It just isn’t right.

No matter what you call it, quitting on your team in the middle of the season is just bad. The league members are depending on each other to run their teams to the best of their ability to make the league competitive. Any owner not keeping up with the basics of their team, meaning submitting a valid lineup each and every week hurts everyone in the league, hurting the league itself.

Deadbeat owners are the scourges of fantasy football. If you’re one of them, you should be ashamed of yourself. Period. End of story.

When you have players out due to what ever reasons there may be, it is your responsibility to have in place a valid line-up to compete for that said week match-up. Please do your part as an owner, and member of this league to keep this league competitive.

Here's what 43HitMan had to say "My team may suck but at least I'm trying. If you joined the league then you have a responsibility to set your rosters whether or not you're in contention to win the league or not".

Here's what I would like to add.

"Don’t Be a Deadbeat Owner

There are very few things that upset a fantasy owner more than getting into the middle of the season, finding themselves in the middle of a division race, and realizing that their closest competitor is playing a team whose owner decided he’s out of the running and hasn’t put in a valid lineup, or at least a lineup with players who are actually playing that week.

The reality is, not every owner is going to have a great season every year. This is a fact. Sometimes your first round choice is going to go down in week one and your season is going to be in trouble from the get go. Sometimes you’ll be almost good enough every week, but lose by single digits week in and week out, ending up with a lousy record by mid-season in spite of your best efforts. Regardless of the reasons, when your team has gone south it is completely unacceptable for you to abandon your team. There is any number of reasons for this, but first and foremost is gamesmanship. It’s like walking away in the middle of a Monopoly game that you’re a bit behind in. It’s like quitting when you don’t like the score of a pick-up basketball game or softball game in your neighborhood. It just isn’t right.

No matter what you call it, quitting on your team in the middle of the season is just bad. The league members are depending on each other to run their teams to the best of their ability to make the league competitive. Any owner not keeping up with the basics of their team, meaning submitting a valid lineup each and every week hurts everyone in the league, hurting the league itself.

Deadbeat owners are the scourges of fantasy football. If you’re one of them, you should be ashamed of yourself. Period. End of story.

When you have players out due to what ever reasons there may be, it is your responsibility to have in place a valid line-up to compete for that said week match-up. Please do your part as an owner, and member of this league to keep this league competitive.
    A-fookin-MEN!

I play totally for fun and even if I'm having a bad season, I still enjoy FF immensely. FF is more a game of luck than brain power. As I know all too well this season, injuries to key players can shift your season around and you're screwed, but dems the breaks! I played a "deadbeat owner" this week in one of my leagues (can't remember which league specifically as I'm in 27 ) and as the "challenge" was gone, it wasn't a fun experience.

I need a huge game from Mendy to pull off a win

Looks like I am finally going to get a couple of much needed wins. My yahoo team is going in the shitter quick though after doing very well. Injuries have been rough for me this year.

Take a look at this video, it's very slick!!!

Video: The middle school trick play that gained worldwide fame - Prep Rally - High School  - Yahoo! Sports
    http://sports.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-283434

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

How sick is that I put up 197 and the Duke is going to beat me tonight when Timmons wrecks Cinci. Damn Rogers dropped 50 on me after I went to bed last night!!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    I need a huge game from Mendy to pull off a win
    I'm rooting for you. I need you to beat Suit, since Duke's gonna beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I'm rooting for you. I need you to beat Suit, since Duke's gonna beat me.
    Whew!! Just like the steelers, I barely pulled off the win. But hey, a W is a W

About a quarter and a half to go...I need Patrick Willis to not make anymore tackles for the rest of the game, lol

Sonofa.............K9 beats me again

If it wasn't bad enough that I lost Addai for so many games, last week Gore goes down with a season-ending injury - just in time for the playoffs. I had to pick up Felix Jones who did OK today as someone who really didn't need a RB grabbed him off waivers ahead of me.