Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy football

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Re: Fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Question: Since we are in a league that is so deep in keepers, and (at least I feel like) we are sort of handcuffed starting the season with a team that ain't all that great, can we draft like the NFL does, start worst-to-first? Maybe we did last year, but I don't think so...
    If I remember correctly we did do worst to first last year. Thats how most leagues go and dont see why this one would be different. Right now I am drafting 3rd, so it sounds about right (My team sucked last year)

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hindes204 View Post
    If I remember correctly we did do worst to first last year. Thats how most leagues go and dont see why this one would be different. Right now I am drafting 3rd, so it sounds about right (My team sucked last year)

My team sucked too. I need all kinds of help. Drafting at the top would help a little...that, or at the turn...in that respect, I think the serpentine worst-to-first almost kind of benefits the best team. I think the last time I won I drafted at the turn...
    Fire Goodell

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

My team sucked too. I need all kinds of help. Drafting at the top would help a little...that, or at the turn...in that respect, I think the serpentine worst-to-first almost kind of benefits the best team. I think the last time I won I drafted at the turn...

I just looked, you will be drafting second...I guess your team sucked a little bit more than mine, haha

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

I just looked, you will be drafting second...I guess your team sucked a little bit more than mine, haha

Hmmmm....let's see....I need two RB's and a QB with that pick.

Yup...it's gonna be another LONG year for me in this FF league....
    Fire Goodell

Hmmmm....let's see....I need two RB's and a QB with that pick.

Yup...it's gonna be another LONG year for me in this FF league....

We may be able to work out a trade that can benefit both of us...I am weak at WR and loaded at QB. I have Cam Newton and Peyton Manning (thanks to a steal in last years draft), and I just may grab another top QB in the draft for trading purposes.

I haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure I am loaded at WR...currently, my starting QB is .............................Rex Grossman, RGIII's back-up. LOL
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="KATK9 is on a distinguished road"> KATK9's Avatar

Here's the list of teams that need to select their 10 keepers before the 30 Jul 12 date.

STEEL CITY PRIDE
    TEAM SUIT
    NC STEELERS
    KILLER B'S
    FIRE HALEY
    TEAM DUKE

Quote Originally Posted by KATK9 View Post
    Here's the list of teams that need to select their 10 keepers before the 30 Jul 12 date.

STEEL CITY PRIDE
    TEAM SUIT
    NC STEELERS
    KILLER B'S
    FIRE HALEY
    TEAM DUKE
    Done

Thank you

TEAM SUIT
    NC STEELERS
    KILLER B'S
    FIRE HALEY
    TEAM DUKE

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Do we have to keep 10? I'm not sure I see 10 guys worth keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Yes, or it will screw up the draft. Teams that do not select 10 keepers will have extra early picks than the teams that have selected their 10 keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    This question has been raised before...the only teams that actually have 10 good keepers are the really good teams. And they will continue to be really good teams because they have 10 keepers. The rest of us get to keep scrubs.

This question has been raised before...the only teams that actually have 10 good keepers are the really good teams. And they will continue to be really good teams because they have 10 keepers. The rest of us get to keep scrubs.
    We all have a roster a 21 players per team, if a manager has over half the team as scrubs, they need to work a little harder on their management skills when it comes to adding, and dropping players, it's your responsibility to know when players on your team are not playing adequately to have a roster spot on your team, no one else's. It's been the same owners each year that has said something negative about the keeper number, so we need to just move from that subject, it's set. 2 teams have been dropped from our league, which will be 42 extra players available for this year's draft, so I hope teams can add strength to their teams to put themselves in contention.

We all have a roster a 21 players per team, if a manager has over half the team as scrubs, they need to work a little harder on their management skills when it comes to adding, and dropping players, it's your responsibility to know when players on your team are not playing adequately to have a roster spot on your team, no one else's. It's been the same owners each year that has said something negative about the keeper number, so we need to just move from that subject, it's set. 2 teams have been dropped from our league, which will be 42 extra players available for this year's draft, so I hope teams can add strength to their teams to put themselves in contention.
    Sorry...had to stir the pot one last time. I'm good with it, its a great league.

I did mine.

@Hindes. I still need a QB, but I have 2 of the top 10 WR's in the league, and I dumped the rest. I have two decent RB's as well assuming that Donald Brown's flashes last year were not a fluke. I have a plan for the draft, but....well, we all know how even the best laid plans can turn-out.

I may still be interested in a trade post-draft. IMO, Peyton Manning is >>> a good #1 WR in our league IF he's returned to form, and I may be willing to gamble on that. If we were a 4PPTD pass league, I'd think differently...I'm guessing you'd rather have Hakeem Nicks catching passes every week then Peyton manning on the bench and playing for one bye game.
    Fire Goodell

We have 1 team (Killer B's) that has not said, or dropped one of their top 2 players, and has not selected their keepers for this season. If choices are not made by 29 July 12, I will have no choice but to do them myself.

Killer B's
    I need to hear from you in order to know if you are still in, haven't heard from you since you said you were playing again this year. Yet, you never selected your keepers or your choice for the top 2. Hopefully you can reply by Monday Midnight.

Well, Killer B's did not respond. We now have 1 opening for whoever wants to play in the league. First come, first will have it. Send my your full name, and e-mail address via pm, and I will send out the invite.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2012

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I thought the Killer B's was Suits team...

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I thought the Killer B's was Suits team...
    Suitanim's team is team Suit.

Suitanim's team is team Suit.
    lol.

Do we still need a 10th? Because I have someone...
    Fire Goodell

Yes we do Suit, shoot me their full name, and e-mail via pm, and I will send them an invite.

We have a 10th, so we have a league!
    Fire Goodell

Looks like I missed yet another draft...0-3 this year dammit. I've had so much going on it just slipped my mind. Anyone need a QB?? I now have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Cam Newton. I'll deal any of them if a decent trade is offered.

I'm interested, shoot me an offer if there is anyone you like on my roster.

I was, but I grabbed Stafford.

I felt like all I drafted was running backs, yet I still feel like I don't have enough RB's!
    Fire Goodell

Junior Member Array title="Steeldeal is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steeldeal's Avatar

I'm interested in Newton, I'm sure he is the one that you would want to get rid of least though, take a look at my roster and see if there is anyone you would want to trade for, doubt it but worth a look. My team is Nowfor #7
    "Fortunately for us we have what you can't buy, which is Legacy, which is an unbelievable standard and expectation, and all of those great things." Mike Tomlin

My team is so stacked its ridiculous. I may not lose at all this year.