Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy football

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Fantasy football

We roll with a 12 man roster so I think you should have to keep at least half at the minimum in my opinion.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Therein lies the rub: The better the team, the less players you will want to drop. With 4-6, you're still talking about the top 50 (or more) players already being locked on rosters. 2 only means the top 24.
    Fire Goodell

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Along with a possible reduction in keepers I would also like to propose we drop the 10 point bonus for 5 tackles. No way a defensive player should score as much as a RB having a good day. London Fletcher is averaging 26.6 points and L. McCoy is only average 32 points. McCoy is having a Great season and barely beating out a LBer fantasy score. Also the #1 WR, Calvin Johnson is below the #9 LBer in scoring.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="KATK9 is on a distinguished road"> KATK9's Avatar

Every one of your concerns has been noted, and will be addressed when the new fantasy season begins.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Along with a possible reduction in keepers I would also like to propose we drop the 10 point bonus for 5 tackles. No way a defensive player should score as much as a RB having a good day. London Fletcher is averaging 26.6 points and L. McCoy is only average 32 points. McCoy is having a Great season and barely beating out a LBer fantasy score. Also the #1 WR, Calvin Johnson is below the #9 LBer in scoring.
    I get that, but I have paid great attention to it and have researched and selected good D players for YEARS because of the weight of IDP. I think some fantasy players get lazy and skip the importance of IDP...maybe tweak the scoring a bit, but lending too much weight back to offense seems vaguely "Goodellian" to me, and I hate that creep...
    Fire Goodell

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    I get that, but I have paid great attention to it and have researched and selected good D players for YEARS because of the weight of IDP. I think some fantasy players get lazy and skip the importance of IDP...maybe tweak the scoring a bit, but lending too much weight back to offense seems vaguely "Goodellian" to me, and I hate that creep...
    The IDP seems too simple to me. top 10 MLBs in the league, throw in top5 OLBs from 3-4 teams, after that you play any MLB you can against Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers, unlike choosing a D to play, you grab a LBer against the best O you can find, so that he's out there racking up tackles.

If your spending time researching it Suit, your putting way too much thought into it.

I will say this much though, it does kinda suck to prepare under one set of rules and then have them changed swiftly and too much any given season.
    Merry Christmas

Congratulations to The Wrecking Crew. Cleaned my clock good and dang near took trophies in both leagues.
    Merry Christmas

Congratulations Wrecking Crew on winning the 2011 Championship.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Congrats Wrecking Crew!! Well done!

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Thanks guys. Lets hope Wrecking Crew can be an inspiration to our Steelers in case they have to do it the hard way like the Crew did.

Edit: I came so close to winning all three of SU leagues this season. Stupid Romo! lol
    Last edited by 43Hitman; 12-27-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Additional Bragging :chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    The IDP seems too simple to me. top 10 MLBs in the league, throw in top5 OLBs from 3-4 teams, after that you play any MLB you can against Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers, unlike choosing a D to play, you grab a LBer against the best O you can find, so that he's out there racking up tackles.

If your spending time researching it Suit, your putting way too much thought into it.

I will say this much though, it does kinda suck to prepare under one set of rules and then have them changed swiftly and too much any given season.
    I don't buy that. It's like saying "Oh, just start your best running back against the worst defense and you'll automatically win". Just recently guys like Donald Brown and Rex Grossman were outperforming certified fantasy studs.

In fact, I'd say that given the absolute shit talent level of my original 12 keepers, the only way I managed to win a few of my games was by having superior defensive players and using them wisely...
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Congratulation to Wrecking Crew, and everyone that made the playoffs.

AML

I don't buy that. It's like saying "Oh, just start your best running back against the worst defense and you'll automatically win". Just recently guys like Donald Brown and Rex Grossman were outperforming certified fantasy studs.

In fact, I'd say that given the absolute shit talent level of my original 12 keepers, the only way I managed to win a few of my games was by having superior defensive players and using them wisely...
    Only problem with the Rb analogy is the amount of quality RB scorers in the league, where there are really 32 MLBs with pretty good scoring stats just based on the position they play. I like IDP or I wouldn't be playing, I'm just saying Lbers who out score RBs and WRs constantly is a little out of skew with reality. I think the highest scoring WR ranks around 11 or 12 on LB scoring list, a bit off. When I look at the scoring only thing I can see that doesn't fit is a 10 point bonus for 5 tackles, I would move it to a 10 point bonus for ten tackles which really represents something that should be awarded, 5 tackles is a pretty average game. Scoring systems overall are so wildly different, Chicago RB this past week scored 29.5 I think in SU Keeper league and 19 in Black and Gold Keeper. LOL
    Merry Christmas

I'm fine with tweaking the system...especially since I pay so much attention to IDP players. It can only benefit me. ESPECIALLY if we continue to keep a ridiculous number of keepers.
    Fire Goodell

Hey guys, I just activated our league for 2012. When you get a chance, post up and let it known that you will be back for 2012.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Im in.

Understandably, Ed will not be participating in this years league. So, we have an opening.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2012

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Im in!!

I'm in.

I'm in
    Merry Christmas

List of everyone who are back in this season.

The Regulators-KATK9
    Steel City Pride-Hindes204
    Team Web-Carolina Steelers
    Dick Lebeau's Wrecking Crew-43Hitman
    NCSteelers-NCSteeler
    Team Suit-Suitanim
    Team Duke-The Duke
    Team Texas-Looking for new owner
    Team Weis-Sadly looking for new owner
    Last edited by KATK9; 05-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

When you have a chance post who you want to drop between your 2 highest scoring players from last season.

Eli Manning or London Fletcher-Team Weis
    Tony Romo or Arian Foster-The Regulators
    Cam Newton or Andy Dalton-Steel City Pride
    Drew Brees or Michael Bush-Team Webb
    Ray Rice or Michael Vick-Dick Labeau's Wrecking Crew
    Tom Brady or Mark Sanchez-Team Texas
    Marshawn Lynch or James Laurinaitis-Team Suit
    Philip Rivers or LeSean McCoy-NC Steelers
    Ben Roethlisberger or Maurice Jones-Drew-Killer B's
    Bears D/ST or Fred Jackson-Steel Devil
    Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Ryan-Team Wilkinson
    Aaron Rodgers or Matthew Stafford-Team Duke

I'll be dropping Tony Romo

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KATK9 View Post
    When you have a chance post who you want to drop between your 2 highest scoring players from last season.

Cam Newton or Andy Dalton-Steel City Pride

hahahaha......you can tell from that alone that my team sucked!! I took a chance on Peyton last draft though so Im set at QB if he makes a comeback.

Im dropping Dalton of course.

Lil Animal is out for me...
    Fire Goodell

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

definitely back in!
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Team Webb drops Michael Bush

Lil Animal is out for me...
    Who may that be?

Quote Originally Posted by KATK9 View Post
    Who may that be?
    Lil animal is the nickname of Laurinaitis

Oh, didn't know. Thank you