Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2011

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

March Madness 2011

Thought this should be started

I'm excited and there have already been a lot of exciting conference tourney games.

UConn has been impressive in the Big East Kemba Walker is a beast.

Jimmer Freddette currently has 33 points at HALFTIME against New Mexico, that could get interesting.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: March Madness 2011

I didn't watch the Duke game yesterday because I was waiting on a plane to come back home and now my grandma is in the hospital so I doubt I will see the Duka game to day unless they have it on in the waiting room. But I heard that Nolan Smith was injured. Unbelievable. Duke won't go anywhere if he can't play.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

also, I saw this coming from Louisville. They have been the best team in the BE for the last 3 weeks from what I have seen. I kinda thought they would win the BE tourney. Wish I had posted it on here sooner so you guys could know I have powers of foresight.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

Way to go Memphis Tigers, your 2011 CUSA Tournament Champs. Now on to the dance to make some noise ! ! !

Stay classy, leftnutz

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I didn't watch the Duke game yesterday because I was waiting on a plane to come back home and now my grandma is in the hospital so I doubt I will see the Duka game to day unless they have it on in the waiting room. But I heard that Nolan Smith was injured. Unbelievable. Duke won't go anywhere if he can't play.
    Smith is playing today and he looks fine so far, I think they will be ok.

also, I saw this coming from Louisville. They have been the best team in the BE for the last 3 weeks from what I have seen. I kinda thought they would win the BE tourney. Wish I had posted it on here sooner so you guys could know I have powers of foresight.
    Same here man. Louisville is a team a may pick to go deep in the tournament. I like the way they have been playing and I think the combination of Knowles and Kuric is lethal.

The 4 number 1's will be Kansas, Ohio State, Pitt, and whoever wins the ACC Championship tomorrow.

Big East Championship didnt disappoint. Great game.

UConn deserves this championship 100% and it was cool to see that team play like they did (even though they beat my panthers haha). BOTH teams will be a force in the tourney

GO BIG EAST!!

The only thing the UCONN Convicts deserve is more sanctions from the NCAA.

... I didn't watch the game.

Duke up 14. Combination of untimely TOs by Duke and the refs desperately trying to keep UNC in the game is the only reason we are not up by 25.

Duke is ACC Champion. I will be furious if we do not get a #1 seed.

Well you Pitt fans should be happy. Pitt got by far the easiest bracket.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

agreed....and yes, Im happy

The BE didnt go as expected, that was a tough loss. Hopefully PITT can take that loss and learn from it

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

While I agree with that overall sentiment, I see a lot of potential landmines for Pitt. A potential match-up with a Butler team with a better tourney pedigree than Pitt is not a comfortable thought. Wisconsin or K State would be a challenge. In fact, Wisconsin is a team I didn't want Pitt to play. If they get past the second round potentially Pitt's good friends ST Johns could be sitting there.

So yes, it is the easiest region, but I still see plenty of pitt falls.

That region is so easy I wish Duke was the 2 seed in it instead of a 1 seed in the West.

The bottom half is a lot easier than Pitt's top half. Florida as the 2 seed. Um...

BYU is nothing now.

Wisconsin can play well at times but remember how many points they scored in their last game? Thats right - 33.

If Pitt gets by Kansas State they are in the final four. No one from the bottom of that region stands a chance. Worst region I have seen in a while. Worst job the committee has done that I can remember. The overall #1 seed has an absolutely brutal region. Whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by oneforthetoe View Post
    While I agree with that overall sentiment, I see a lot of potential landmines for Pitt. A potential match-up with a Butler team with a better tourney pedigree than Pitt is not a comfortable thought. Wisconsin or K State would be a challenge. In fact, Wisconsin is a team I didn't want Pitt to play. If they get past the second round potentially Pitt's good friends ST Johns could be sitting there.

So yes, it is the easiest region, but I still see plenty of pitt falls.
    I like what you did there lol

Yes this is the easiest brackett but lets face it...Pitt Sucks in the tourney. This coming from a diehard pitt fan i should know.

This region is FULL of potential upsets, ( for instance i dont even have wisconsin winning their first game) utah st and zaga have solid chanced of moving on as well, so maybe pitt can get lucky and face some weaker opponents?

Even if they do something about Pitt + Tourney = sickening feeling for me

Colorado, Va Tech, and Alabama being left out is criminal. I can't believe they wont put Bama in but put GA in (who bama beat TWICE and had a better RPI then) just crazy

Florida gets a 2 seed?

UAB and VCU make it?

The #1 overall seed gets the TOUGHEST region?

Jay Bilias absolutley RIPPED the commitee and i agree 100% with him, they sucked this year

Tiger Lion and Steel Array title="SteelCityMan786 will become famous soon enough"> SteelCityMan786's Avatar

Where the lands are a mix of Black and Gold with some Blue and White

Finally get put on some dancing shoes due to an appearance from the NITTANY LIONS!!!! The Big Ten Tournament put them over the hump.
    786 Ways to score touchdowns

After the shit VT did when we played them Saturday I dont feel bad for them. Its starting to get real funny to me that they keep missing it to be honest.

The two teams in Dukes upper part of their region that I worry about are Tennessee and Texas. Then in the Elite Eight I would not want to play Connecticut. Don't know enough about San Diego State to comment.

If Duke loses to the UCONN Convicts in the tournament again I will take a shit in a bag and mail it to Jim Calhoun.

Well this place has went dead.

Thoughts on the bracket? easy parts, hard parts, upsets, etc.

Whos gonna win?

I just don't want it to just be me and Nadroj in here because this is the best tournament there is.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

My Hokies were denied but they got swept by UVA. They should have taken care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Colorado, Va Tech, and Alabama being left out is criminal. I can't believe they wont put Bama in but put GA in (who bama beat TWICE and had a better RPI then) just crazy

Florida gets a 2 seed?

UAB and VCU make it?

The #1 overall seed gets the TOUGHEST region?

Jay Bilias absolutley RIPPED the commitee and i agree 100% with him, they sucked this year

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    My Hokies were denied but they got swept by UVA. They should have taken care of business.
    VT got hosed big this time. Colorado and VT should have gotten in before VCU and UAB. Still, Seth Greenburg(spelling) has simply got to start scheduling better out of conference teams. That would increase VT's SOS and RPI and make them look better to the committee. But the way the committee picked and placed this year maybe they are just stupid.

Way to go UNC-A.

If the rumors going around are true and Kyrie Irving is coming back, watch out....

Its a big risk bringing him back but if it pays off and the team can adjust to bringing him back, even if he is not 100%, Duke is a favorite to win this tournament.

If he comes back at 100% like he was early in the year, oh boy. In case you don't remember, he was the best PG in the country. He was pretty much unguardable. He was going to be 1st team All America. Duke was averaging 90 PPG with him playing.

God I hope this is true and the team can play well inserting him in the lineup.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

I studied the bracket again today...Ive got Pitt playing/beating Butler, K State, BYU, then N.D. (who I think will win a close one against Kansas). Seems like it should be an easy road to the finals, but you never know which Pitt team will show up.

And sorry steeldevil, Ive got Duke falling to Texas, no repeat for Duke.

My Final 4 is Pitt, N.D., Syracuse, and Texas (Big East Homerism.......maybe a little, lol)

If Pitt gets past OD/Butler and Kansas State they are in the final four. No one on the bottom half will beat them. BYU...lol. Florida.... they would have a better chance but still wouldn't beat pitt. I have Kansas State beating pitt but that was just a reach by me. I always have 1 region where a 4 seed or higher makes the final four.

My final four: Syracuse, Duke, Kansas, Kansas State.
    Title game: Duke - Kansas. Epic game.
    Champion: Duke. 81-75.

I always pick Duke to win it all by the way.

I picked WV but I hope Clemson wins.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

GO UTSA ROADRUNNERS!!!

My son goes to school there.

Ok I'll shut up now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    GO UTSA ROADRUNNERS!!!

My son goes to school there.

Ok I'll shut up now. LOL
    I certainly hope UTSA wins.

Old dominions front court is just killing butlers. Howard is good of course but OD's guys are stronger and more athletic. Still close though.

WV up on Clemson now.