Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Philip Rivers vs Ben Roethlisberger

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Philip Rivers vs Ben Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Hey - where did Philip Rivers' hemorrhoid go?

Did he get cyber-zapped with a tube of Prep H?
    I bet he will be back.

Let me draw him out.

PHILLIP RIVERS SUCKS!!!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Compare that to Ben's first season starting vs NE in the playoffs in 04.

Ben's Rookie Season hitting the wall vs. Phillip Rivers' playoff season after spending two seasons on the bench learning behind Drew Brees in San Diego.

Rivers couldn't have walked into a better situation in San Diego. He got everything a young QB dreamed of. Veteran Team, an All-Pro Feature Back, an All-Pro TE, Wide Recievers, a competent Defense. Nobody is denying he's a good QB, but there really is no excuse for his inability to get the job done in the postseason.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HY7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus
    Brees declined a bit last season, Peyton is coming off injury. AFCN has an easy schedule and the Steelers potentially have the best receiving core they've had in years.

I'll take Ben.
    Are you serious? LOL

Who would ever take Ben over Rivers, Brees, or Manning? I thought after the terrible SB games Steelers fans would have learned that Big Ben is NOT an elite QB. With that defense they should have won more SBs.
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...r=asc&start=45

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HY7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobikus
    Brees declined a bit last season, Peyton is coming off injury. AFCN has an easy schedule and the Steelers potentially have the best receiving core they've had in years.

I'll take Ben.
    Are you serious? LOL

Who would ever take Ben over Rivers, Brees, or Manning? I thought after the terrible SB games Steelers fans would have learned that Big Ben is NOT an elite QB. With that defense they should have won more SBs.
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...r=asc&start=45
    And by that rationale, Manning should have more than one ring based on the fact that the Colts have been absolutely LOADED on the offensive side of the ball for the last decade+ and due to the slow but sure pussification of the game with rules changes that have largely and increasingly hamstrung defenses. And if Manning (or River or Brees) had to play behind the OL that Ben has gotten routinely beaten up behind for the last 6 years, he'd have already been forced to retire.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

And among those three QBs, they have 2 rings and 3 SB appearances between them. The same number Ben has BY HIMSELF.

The disrespect continues. I guess Ben will just have to win another SB while having an MVP-type season for him to finally get the respect he deserves. There's no question that he is one of the top 5 QBs in the league, behind Marsha, St. Manning, Brees and Rodgers.

The Oncoming Storm Array title="Vis will become famous soon enough"> Vis's Avatar

Rivers is really good. So is Ben. Ben has turned it on in big games and won. Rivers hasn't, yet.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    And among those three QBs, they have 2 rings and 3 SB appearances between them. The same number Ben has BY HIMSELF.
    ZOMG! If they woulda had Pittsburgh's defense, they woulda won 50 Super Bowls, at least!!!

for all the love that the Steelers' defense gets, in the 13 games Ben has played in the postseason, the Steelers offense has averaged 26 ppg and the defense has averaged 21 ppg allowed, and that is accounting for defensive TDs scored and return TDs allowed

Steelers' offense has not had a single game under 20 points produced. Not one single time.

What is truly scary is what could happen if Ben wasn't saddled with the most laughably pathetic offensive line to make it to the postseason each year since 2006.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Simple...

Ben has been to 3 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them.

Rivers has been to none.

In my book, that's all that matters.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Ben = winner, Philip = whiner. 'Nuff said.

What is truly scary is what could happen if Ben wasn't saddled with the most laughably pathetic offensive line to make it to the postseason each year since 2006.
    This. As an example, behind our OL, Brady would get the same kind of pressure EVERY GAME (until he inevitably wound up on IR, anyway) that he faced against the Lions last night and he sure as shit didn't look so elite against Suh and Company, did he?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Rivers, 7 td's 9 interceptions, and one of the worst excuses for a two minute drill I've ever seen. Where the hell is Mr. Rivers is so freaking much better, not even debatable at today?
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Footballanalyst View Post
    You do realize Rivers has a better winning percentage vs the AFCN than Ben does vs the AFCW. Not to mention the AFCW since 06 has had better pass defenses than any other division. Also to boot 3 of the 5 best CB's have been in the AFCW. Aso, Champ and Flowers.

Also since you like profootball reference, go look at Ben vs Rivers career QB rating vs every division and Rivers is virtually better vs almost every division.

As for the game against each other. Rivers played vs the #1 defense and had 300 yds 3 tds and 1 int with over 100 passer rating. With 15 yds rushing from his team, a punt return allowed for a TD and 13 seconds of possession in the entire 3rd qtr. Ben vs a bad SD 08 defense had 1 td and under 200 yds.

Ok you keep a QB who has never led a top 3, top 5, top 6, top 7 scoring offense and I'm sure SD will keep a QB who has never had worse than a top 5 scoring offense and a QB who has scored more points per game than any QB in history.

As they say DEFENSE wins championships and Ben has had by light years the better defense. They don't say o-line wins championships, or TE's or RB's.
    You do realize that you're completely full of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Rivers, 7 td's 9 interceptions, and one of the worst excuses for a two minute drill I've ever seen. Where the hell is Mr. Rivers is so freaking much better, not even debatable at today?
    But, but, but, Ben has better weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grachuus
    Rivers has never fared well against top defenses. Passer rating vs or PPG he's got a terrible record production wise.

So this year has he actually faced some good defenses for once? I haven't seen the Chargers schedule. I saw him in two games this year and the Jets really over matched him. The Patriots similarly gave him a hard time (they are rising rapidly in the ranks but still not an elite defense).

Rivers has ZERO games where he has a positive TD-INT against top defenses. Zero...

I don't think he's declining. I just don't think he was ever THAT good. He was just very advantaged by consistently playing very mediocre defensive teams. Brady, Manning, and Rodgers have all faced significantly more top defenses annually than has Rivers inflating his numbers.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...=asc&start=105

Quote Originally Posted by Footballanalyst View Post
    I think you have to agree Rivers is decisively a better QB, I'm not sure a legit argument exist for Ben. Before I get started showing clearly and decisively how Rivers is not only better, but by a good margin.

Would someone like to start their first argument, that I will proceed to tear apart? Or should I just lay it all out now?
    Wonder if this guy has retired his Philip Rivers fathead yet. Yeah, dude, Rivers is WAAAAYYYY better!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Wonder if this guy has retired his Philip Rivers fathead yet. Yeah, dude, Rivers is WAAAAYYYY better!
    i forgot about that douche! Nah, he is sticking to his story cause he can tear anyone's argument apart!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Tony Romo is now better than Phil Rivers and he is a choke artist.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Spin the stats however you want and then look at their play on the field...Rivers play is horrible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ben vs Eli is by far a better Comparisons!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ben vs Eli is by far a better Comparisons!

FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR, FAR Better. Cutler/Rivers <<<<<<<<< Ben/Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

If you're a Charger's fan you probably stay awake at night wondering what would have happened if Marty Shottenheimer had won the power struggle over A.J. Smith and had drafted Larry Fitzgerald in the 04 draft to compliment his franchise quarterback Drew Brees.

Smashmouth Posting Array title="Seven has much to be proud of"> Seven's Avatar

Now here is a discussion that isn't even close. Phil Rivers hasn't even been a good player in two seasons now. I think he has lost too much arm strength. His awkward delivery could be the reason for that. If you ask me his 'pitch count' has just been too high for that arm to handle over the course of his career. Maybe he turns it around, but the dude looks like he is almost done to me. That team needs to switch to a true west coast offense if they want Rivers to be the answer.

Dwinsgames

wanted to ask Grachuus ( who is now long gone ) how many Rings did Rivers bring home to San Diego because at the end of the day anything less that hoisting the Lombardi is a failure for all 32 teams in the league

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Rivers is not only inferior to Ben, it's questionable to even consider him "good" anymore. His arm is dead.

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

I think what your seeing now is that rivers was a product of the talent around him, where as qbs like ben ans manning make the talent around them better. So when rivers came into the league he joined a very talented san diego team and being a decent qb he started very strong.

The chargers are 21-23 and no playoffs apparence since L.T left SD