Thread: Steelers Team Plane?

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

Steelers Team Plane?

I just got back from Dominican; when I was departing from the Punta Cana airport I looked out the window and saw a U.S. Airways plane that had a huge Steelers logo on it.. any one know if the Steelers were doing a little team bonding in Punta Cana this week? haha

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Re: Steelers Team Plane?

Did it look like this ? Im sorry , it was me. I had to drop someone off at La Romana and was bit of a rush

Ben's Wingman Array title="Merchant has a spectacular aura about"> Merchant's Avatar

:O That's the one!!!

lol

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

That was Ben and his babes on a weekend getaway.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I ran into the same plane in Cancun airport in March. My wife snapped a photo of it and then I googled it when I got home and found that US air did about 6 NFL planes in some of their main cities. Charlotte was another one I remember.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

No im sure just a Plane that US uses to put teams on it, but nothing special. Cool though to see!
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Junior Member Array title="JoeCactus is an unknown quantity at this point"> JoeCactus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    I just got back from Dominican; when I was departing from the Punta Cana airport I looked out the window and saw a U.S. Airways plane that had a huge Steelers logo on it.. any one know if the Steelers were doing a little team bonding in Punta Cana this week? haha
    That plane makes the rounds and I believe is based in Charlotte NC......where I have seen it more than once

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

They did the logo about 2 years ago I believe.. Not the Steelers plane but very cool..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

That's an awesome plane!!!

Steelers-Themed US Airways Plane To Hit Skies

POSTED: 11:42 am EDT September 12, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- Fans of the five-time Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers will have their team logo and colors flying around the US Airways system.

A freshly painted Airbus A319 made its debut Wednesday at the US Airways maintenance facility at Pittsburgh International Airport.

The tail of the plane was painted black and gold and displayed a Steelers logo.

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker was on hand with representatives of the Steelers organization to formally dedicate the aircraft.

"I think it is the most beautiful plane," said Steelers fan Deb Powers. "Go Steelers."

"It's the greatest," said US Airways flight attendant Millicent Burnett. "What is not to like? Go Steelers."

The Airbus was painted in Roswell, N.M., and cost about $75,000.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...69/detail.html

Junior Member Array title="Steel MD is an unknown quantity at this point">

Merchant,

I sent you a PM.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I have a friend that does work for US Air and he got me some cell phone pics. I really need to find out what routes it flies because I would like to fly on it some time.

Senior Member Array title="TatarMongol is an unknown quantity at this point"> TatarMongol's Avatar

Oh boy, tell me about it. When I was in Bangkok, sh*t, still makes me laugh 2 say this name cuz I think this is the sexiest city name ever I think, anyways back 2 what I was saying. When I was in Bangkok in some mall, I saw this plane model which was with Arizona Cardinals. I asked the guys if they had the Steelers 1, they didn't. Then I got the name of the company that made the plane, & contacted they didn't make the other teams cuz they're having an issue with NFL. So sad. Anyways, the other day I messaged the famous Allstar, & asked him, if he could make the Steelers plane, he said he could try.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel MD View Post
    Merchant,

I sent you a PM.
    About what? :rolleyes2: Mind I asked? I'm just curious.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I wanna fly on that plane.

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

I flew on a US plane that had Whales on it from Sea World which was pretty cool, but damn a Steeler plane. How do I find it!?
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Married and happy Array title="BPS3akaWirels3 has a spectacular aura about"> BPS3akaWirels3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TatarMongol View Post
    Oh boy, tell me about it. When I was in Bangkok, sh*t, still makes me laugh 2 say this name cuz I think this is the sexiest city name ever I think, anyways back 2 what I was saying. When I was in Bangkok in some mall, I saw this plane model which was with Arizona Cardinals. I asked the guys if they had the Steelers 1, they didn't. Then I got the name of the company that made the plane, & contacted they didn't make the other teams cuz they're having an issue with NFL. So sad. Anyways, the other day I messaged the famous Allstar, & asked him, if he could make the Steelers plane, he said he could try.

About what? :rolleyes2: Mind I asked? I'm just curious.
    I sent you one also a few weeks back but no reply.. Now I sad..

Nothing better then a Black & Gold Wedding 09/24/11

Senior Member Array title="TatarMongol is an unknown quantity at this point"> TatarMongol's Avatar

Really? Sorry, but I didn't get any message from anyone on this board? Did U send 1 2 SF account?

Reason that I asked what U guys been messaging each other was it's because it was posted on this Steelers plane thread.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

I have seen pics of that plane before it is really nice.

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

What a cool plane. Here's a fantasy for us fans. Charter that plane to fly us to Dallas to watch the Steelers tear the Cryboys a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel MD View Post
    Merchant,

I sent you a PM.
    Yeah I got you

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

From what I've heard, they painted the plane after the Steelers won SB 43.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
    I wanna fly on that plane.
    Me 2!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Glad you folks approve. It cost me $75,000 dollars to get it painted; had to put off purchasing the Ducati for a whole week
    / so hard to find quality help...

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

You can buy a wooden model of it off ebay

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

US Airways has the NFL logos of teams that play in their hubs (Cardinals in PHX; Panthers in CLT; Eagles in PHL) and the Steelers in PIT (which was once a hub but has since been shrunk down to a shell of its former size after the U S Airways-America West merger a few years ago) painted on Airbus A319 aircraft. They also have aircraft painted in the former livery of Piedmont and PSA (former airlines that merged with the-then USAir), the original and second-generation America West, and Allegheny Airlines (the original name of the carrier that became USAir in 1979, although it first began in 1939 as All American Aviation Company and then All American Airways in 1949). They all fly various routes.

In addition, AirTran has three Boeing 717 aircraft painted with the logos of the Baltimore Ravens, the Atlanta Falcons and the Indianapolis Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerrob View Post
    You can buy a wooden model of it off ebay
    A link?

Senior Member Array title="MasterOfPuppets is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by TatarMongol View Post
    Really? Sorry, but I didn't get any message from anyone on this board? Did U send 1 2 SF account?

Reason that I asked what U guys been messaging each other was it's because it was posted on this Steelers plane thread.
    i sent you a p.m. to ask when you are going to send my yak . i would like a black one like this...

then i paint his horns gold and paint steeler logo on his sides...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    i sent you a p.m. to ask when you are going to send my yak . i would like a black one like this...

I got a few left out back. PM me your address.

UK Steelers Contingent Array title="steelerrob is an unknown quantity at this point">

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airbus-A319-US-A...item588752102f

I got one myself last year, pretty nice, hand-painted & all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

Ha ha ha. OK, I'll keep my eyes on em when I'm not occupied. But U must email me your address. No P.O.Box is accepted cuz V all know postal guys won't fit an yak into that tiny hole. lol

Quote Originally Posted by steelerrob View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Airbus-A319-US-A...item588752102f

I got one myself last year, pretty nice, hand-painted & all.
    Sh*t, man. I know I want this plane so bad, but there is no way that I could spend that much pound on it. (sigh) I'd go broke.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

If you guys really love the plane , someone is selling a model of it on Ebay . It looks good .