Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Wisconsin....

Re: On Wisconsin....

Quote Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
    So, the Tea Party isn't a bunch of old dudes blowing each other?

That's news to me
    Uh...dude....turn the television ON....thats not a news channel, thats a reflection.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

So, the Tea Party isn't a bunch of old dudes blowing each other?

That's news to me

Well then you really should get out more, Jon.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Uh...dude....turn the television ON....thats not a news channel, thats a reflection.
    I walked right into that one

Freakin Amazing! Array title="JonM229 will become famous soon enough"> JonM229's Avatar

Recall Scott Walker website is now up

Doubt it will go anywhere though

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

It just gripes me that the teachers unions are demanding their right to be able to bargain for more pay and better benefits (at taxpayers expense) and forget merit based pay when a large number of kids who walk across the stage and receive their diploma are not any smarter then when they entered 3rd grade.

Oh, and regarding 'recall Scott Walker', he's simply doing exactly what he told the voters he'd do and what got him elected in the first place. So you're right, it probably won't go anywhere.
    Stay classy, leftnutz

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Recall is wishful thinking. 71% support what he's asking.

The poll showed that 71% of Wisconsinites believe that Governor Walker’s proposed budget changes that include unions to pay 5.8% of their salary toward the cost of their pensions plans and double their contributions for health care premiums to 12.6% are “fair”. Also given the choice to reduce teacher pensions and salaries or cut sports and extra-curricular programs for students, 44% would reduce the pensions and only 34% would cut sports and extra-curricular programs.
    http://www.franklincenterhq.org/2200...fair%E2%80%9D/

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Apparently there is also a petition to get one of the Dems to come back to the Legislature so that they can vote on this proposal. I don't think that one will work either.

I don't know what's going to happen here, but I hope Walker doesn't give in. It's time for the public employee unions to start paying their fair share toward their "perks" like the rest of us and stop soaking the taxpayers every chance they get.

From the Judge Ruling in Favor of the NFLPA thread

Goddamn unions ruining everything for everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
    Go back to China where owners don't have to listen to workers. Better yet, go back to a Ravens forum if you can find one.

I wonder if he knew I was being facetious

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Well, has Madison burned down yet, now that the Republicans passed the bill last night? Say what you want about Walker and Co., they have balls the size of Texas.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Hell of it is, the same thing passed in Ohio last week. Not a peep from anyone about it. Same thing passed in Indiana years ago. Again, not a word. Same thing is going on here in Iowa. Nuthin' on the news about it. Most States don't have public worker collective bargaining for retirement and health care and never did. So why is Wisconsin such a big deal?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Go Walker stick it to the 14 cowards and the far left protestors

Senior Member Array title="Doc_Holiday is an unknown quantity at this point"> Doc_Holiday's Avatar

It's not over; the law the Governor signed is on hold.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/118242109.html

Of course it is. You knew the courts would get involved eventually. Now we'll see how long it drags out.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
    It just gripes me that the teachers unions are demanding their right to be able to bargain for more pay and better benefits (at taxpayers expense)
    Walker is letting them keep that part of collective bargaining. But not the part involving working conditions and worker protections, which is much more important. Teachers should be allowed to discipline a student for being disruptive or disrespectful, and the administration should be required to back them up. And teachers need to be protected from retaliation if they give an athlete or a politically connected student a bad grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Walker is letting them keep that part of collective bargaining. But not the part involving working conditions and worker protections, which is much more important. Teachers should be allowed to discipline a student for being disruptive or disrespectful, and the administration should be required to back them up. And teachers need to be protected from retaliation if they give an athlete or a politically connected student a bad grade.

I could not agree more.
    Stay classy, leftnutz