The New York Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, league sources told ESPN The Magazine senior writer Chris Broussard on Monday night.

The swap is a three-way deal including Minnesota, a league source told Broussard.

The deal would end the season-long trade saga involving Denver's All-Star forward and send him to his desired destination. If it goes through, it puts Anthony alongside Amare Stoudemire in a potentially explosive frontcourt -- at a heavy cost to the Knicks.

As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said. Along with Anthony, New York would acquire Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

New York will send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota as part of the deal in exchange for Corey Brewer.

The Denver Post first reported the trade.

"I'm glad it's over," Nuggets coach George Karl said, according to the newspaper. "I'm glad it's an opportunity to reinvent. I think everybody handled it as classy as you could handle it. There's some sadness to it, there always will be."

read more

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6145912