Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SU Mock Draft feedback.

Re: SU Mock Draft feedback.

Version 4.0 is up!

Not a lot of changes in the first half of the round...but the back half remains very fluid. I counted 7 players that I thought COULD be there at #31 that we may draft if available!!!!

I still contend that this may be a GREAT year to draft down!!!
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

There are so many players in areas of need for us (CB,OL,DL) that some of them will be bound to still be there at #31. I also like the possibility of trading back this year because of the new format. Teams with pick in the 38-45ish range may really want to trade into the 1st out of fear that the new break in action between the 1st and 2nd round will give more time for teams in the 33-37 range to "steal" their pick. Our #31 pick could be very appealing and we may get overcompensated for it. So excited for all the different options we will have!

I have been a little behind on getting feedback from everyone on the mock draft.

The latest (and final) version is up and I am very interested in everyones opinion on several things.

1) First pick...I have stuck to my guns that the Panthers have been throwing around the concept of drafting a QB as a misdirection...hoping that someone would be willing to trade up to #1. Without a trade partner...I still think that they will go with A.J. Green.

2) Trades...I am pretty sure that the Patriots will trade out of the #28 spot and that we may have several willing partners to trade out of #31. If we are on the clock and Cameron Heyward is available...do we trade down or take him?

3) Who do you see falling out of the first round and who do you see sliding up into the first round?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Spaghetti Time Array title="Chidi29 has a reputation beyond repute"> Chidi29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    I have been a little behind on getting feedback from everyone on the mock draft.

The latest (and final) version is up and I am very interested in everyones opinion on several things.

1) First pick...I have stuck to my guns that the Panthers have been throwing around the concept of drafting a QB as a misdirection...hoping that someone would be willing to trade up to #1. Without a trade partner...I still think that they will go with A.J. Green.

2) Trades...I am pretty sure that the Patriots will trade out of the #28 spot and that we may have several willing partners to trade out of #31. If we are on the clock and Cameron Heyward is available...do we trade down or take him?

3) Who do you see falling out of the first round and who do you see sliding up into the first round?
    Liked the mock Perry. No major disagreements.

Like to bold move of putting Green first but I doubt it happens. If they're not going to go Newton, I think they take Dareus. To me, they should take Dareus over Newton.

I'm more and more concerned we're picking too late for a team to trade up. New England is a possibiilty like you said but I'm really keeping an eye on Baltimore at 26. Newsome makes a lot of moves and traded out of the first round last year when Denver traded up for Tebow.

Really warming up to the idea of taking Heyward in the first. Probably will be the BPA. I see some similarities to Richard Seymour in Heyward. Just don't like the idea of taking a DE in the first round. In a perfect world, I wait a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
    Liked the mock Perry. No major disagreements.

Like to bold move of putting Green first but I doubt it happens. If they're not going to go Newton, I think they take Dareus. To me, they should take Dareus over Newton.

I'm more and more concerned we're picking too late for a team to trade up. New England is a possibiilty like you said but I'm really keeping an eye on Baltimore at 26. Newsome makes a lot of moves and traded out of the first round last year when Denver traded up for Tebow.

Really warming up to the idea of taking Heyward in the first. Probably will be the BPA. I see some similarities to Richard Seymour in Heyward. Just don't like the idea of taking a DE in the first round. In a perfect world, I wait a little while longer.
    Dareus and Green are the only two possibilities as far as i am concerned. They both meet a need and they both are top 5 talent.

-- Jack Lambert --

I have been comparing my final draft to that of some of the experts and though I am pretty critical of myself...I didnt fare "too" badly. This draft was "weird" due to the teams having to reach for QB's...and it threw things out of whack a little.

In regards to players that were drafted exactly where I said they would be...I had 6....BUT teams that drafted the position I predicted was a respectable 15 and will pop up to 16 if the Patriots take an OLB with their traded pick.

"Eh",...better luck next year!!!

-- Jack Lambert --

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Good work, all things considered. I mean, could anybody reasonably foresee Christian Ponder at #12? (Someone's job is riding on how that one turns out, I would think) Or the Falcons jumping all the way from #27 to #6?

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Good work, all things considered. I mean, could anybody reasonably foresee Christian Ponder at #12? (Someone's job is riding on how that one turns out, I would think) Or the Falcons jumping all the way from #27 to #6?
    Thats what I predicted..the day after.